It is currently 27 Apr 2024, 09:22

Text Size

Manalink Update 9/3 - 3 more cards

The latest Manalink updates are posted here.
PLEASE DO NOT BUMP OLD UPDATES!

Moderators: BAgate, drool66, Aswan jaguar, gmzombie, stassy, CCGHQ Admins

Manalink Update 9/3 - 3 more cards

Postby jatill » 03 Sep 2009, 18:57

I hope you like Mythics...

Added Baneslayer Angel, Ajani Vengeant, Elspeth Knight-Errant (ultimates locked).

I also unlocked Nicol Bolas's ultimate. He made me...

http://rapidshare.com/files/277320937/20090908.zip
Last edited by jatill on 08 Sep 2009, 17:07, edited 1 time in total.
jatill
DEVELOPER

Re: Manalink Update 9/3 - 3 more cards

Postby MalkolmX » 03 Sep 2009, 19:56

Woot mythics!
MalkolmX

Postby aww1979 » 03 Sep 2009, 20:03

Nice! I've been seeing Baneslayer Angel all over the internet in netdecks (and for good reason) so it will be fun to use her.

A couple observations after playing with the planeswalkers:

-Playing Ajani Vengeant while I had Ajani Goldmane out buried both. This might be intentional or not; it depends whether the planeswalker rule is looking at the keyword line or the card name.

-Activating Elspeth's third ability worked, but I did have a crash one time when I pinged my own soldier with Honden of Infinite Rage to test the indestructibility of it. Using Maelstrom Pulse on my creatures destroyed them and using it on a Mox Jet did not destroy it, so it really does work SOMETIMES :p I haven't had it save a creature yet, though.

-I'm assuming that because I beat challenge 7, that this is the reason the two new planeswalkers are unlocked for me already

-oh, and Ajani Vengeant seems to work just fine, as do the other two Elspeth abilities. I haven't tried Baneslayer yet.
aww1979
Tester

Postby kresnik alchemist » 03 Sep 2009, 20:16

Awesome update even if I can't get through the challenge mode. Thanks jatill
kresnik alchemist

Postby aww1979 » 03 Sep 2009, 20:43

Does baneslayer's protection from demon/dragon really work? I made a deck with her and she works fine otherwise, but since demons/dragons rarely see play, I haven't tested that part yet.

Those two abilities are extremely minor, at least on this card, but if they do work, it means that a lot of other interesting possibilities come up, like protection from... well just about anything :p I've seen cards with protection from goblins, beasts, and all sorts of other things, all of which might be possible now.
aww1979
Tester

Postby Salbei » 04 Sep 2009, 02:25

awesome ! uploaded the patch to my webspace (in signature aswell)
->http://salbei.spacequadrat.de/magic/updates/

also check the files for the autotargeting if you don´t wanna do it yourself.
->http://www.slightlymagic.net/forum/viewtopic.php?f=25&t=1527&start=15

edit:hmm the autotargeting seems to be messed up. doesn´t work for me anymore after this patch.
Retired a long time ago. I will not reply.
Salbei
DEVELOPER

Postby somacat » 04 Sep 2009, 03:07

Baneslayer can't be blocked by dragons, and gains protection from all colours until eot when it blocks a dragon. It can still be targetted with Bogardan Hellkite's ability though.

All in all, it's pretty close to the real thing =)

Thanks again, jatill!

EDIT: Vengeant and Goldmane killing each other is how it's supposed to work. It goes by the type line.
somacat

Postby Salbei » 04 Sep 2009, 03:26

tried to start magic - autotarget (after the autotargeting didn´t work with smart target = 1) and got an error message (couldn´t find DECKDLL.DLL)
- nevermind , i´m an idiot and started the .exe in the unzipped folder :mrgreen: so it starts.

new problem is that if i start magic with magic-autotarget i got no library and autoloose cause i can´t draw.

and suddenly i got a bugreport.txt from jaitill in my magic folder^^

Code: Select all
date/time         : 2009-03-15, 09:52:53, 388ms
computer name     : "removed by sal"
user name         : jatill <admin>
registered owner  : Administrative Computing Services / University at "removed by sal"
operating system  : Windows XP Service Pack 3 build 2600
system language   : English
system up time    : 1 hour 3 minutes
program up time   : 713 milliseconds
processor         : Intel(R) Pentium(R) M processor 2.00GHz
physical memory   : 168/1023 MB (free/total)
free disk space   : (C:) 2.78 GB
display mode      : 1024x768, 32 bit
process id        : $1ac
allocated memory  : 20.29 MB
executable        : SkyMagicEditor.exe
exec. date/time   : 2009-03-08 14:32
version           : 1.0.0.0
compiled with     : Delphi 7
madExcept version : 3.0h
callstack crc     : $a0432888, $45c492e3, $45c492e3
count             : 2
exception number  : 1
exception class   : EFOpenError
exception message : Cannot open file "C:\magic\ManalinkEh.dll". The process cannot access the file because it is being used by another process.
Salbei
DEVELOPER

Postby aww1979 » 04 Sep 2009, 04:12

somacat wrote:Baneslayer can't be blocked by dragons, and gains protection from all colours until eot when it blocks a dragon. It can still be targetted with Bogardan Hellkite's ability though.

All in all, it's pretty close to the real thing =)

Thanks again, jatill!

EDIT: Vengeant and Goldmane killing each other is how it's supposed to work. It goes by the type line.
Yeah, that's pretty close for protections, and it'll be fairly rare that a problem occurs with that setup.

Also thanks for clarifying the Ajani thing. We old timers are used to interrupts, not planeswalkers!
aww1979
Tester

Postby stassy » 04 Sep 2009, 05:11

Ajani's images are a bit weird from the original, but well it can be changed at will...

While trying to test Baneslayer Angel against a Lord of the pit, game crashed at the LoP upkeep sacrificing mob.

Magic - Autotarget.exe doesn't seems to do anything about target (both txt file targetsAi.txt and targetsHumans.txt are empty)

Salbei> This is an old crash file from jatill that got upped by mistake I suppose (check the file creation, on the report it also say 2009-03-15), though it's here since...2009-03-15 release :mrgreen:

Also if game crashes during a challenge, the file challenge.txt will stay in the magic directory and will mess up with config.txt/Magic.exe, overriding their default settings. You need to delete this file (which is supposed to autodelete by itself at the end of a challenge session) in order to make others mode work
stassy

Postby Salbei » 04 Sep 2009, 07:20

i know the target files are empty, but thats what i did last week (autotarget volunteer thread). and autotargeting was working like a charm for me before this patch.and it was a really nice feature.

once again i´m experiencing some problems with the planeswalkers. ai is attacking a planeswalker,i chumpblock with a token and the loyalty counters get removed anyway (was just a single goyf attacking me , no trample or anything).

thanks for unlocking nicol bolas ultimate. was bugabusing a bit to bring it to play with show and tell on turn 1/2 and had some fun with it XD
Salbei
DEVELOPER

Postby stassy » 04 Sep 2009, 11:01

So does the autotarget is unavailable with this patch?

Also with planeswalker as enchantment it's fun to toy with the combo Academy Rector + Nicol Bolas + Honden Shrines :mrgreen:
stassy

Postby jatill » 04 Sep 2009, 12:02

Salbei wrote:i know the target files are empty, but thats what i did last week (autotarget volunteer thread). and autotargeting was working like a charm for me before this patch.and it was a really nice feature.
I turned AutoTarget off completely. It only worked less than 1/4 of cards, and caused crashes sometimes. Unfortunately, it was a failure. I'll go ahead and turn it back on, though, since you can just disable it with config anyway. People that don't mind the inconsistency can still use it if they want, then.

Salbei2 wrote:once again i´m experiencing some problems with the planeswalkers. ai is attacking a planeswalker,i chumpblock with a token and the loyalty counters get removed anyway (was just a single goyf attacking me , no trample or anything).
Once again, savegame, please :)
jatill
DEVELOPER

Postby stassy » 04 Sep 2009, 12:26

Also something to note about planeswalkers counter : their number are modified only when the cleanup phase is done and it's the turn of the opponent.
If you have a Time walk effect for example during your turn and use Ajani Vengeant to tap a permanent, one counter will be added only after the end of the next turn, when the time walk effect has ended (that mean you can't use time walk to stack up planeswalker counter, in my example I couldn't combo Lightning Helix effect in my 2nd free turn or Ajani would have been buried due to only have 3 counters instead of 4).
stassy

Postby Salbei » 04 Sep 2009, 13:06

jatill wrote:I turned AutoTarget off completely. It only worked less than 1/4 of cards, and caused crashes sometimes. Unfortunately, it was a failure. I'll go ahead and turn it back on, though, since you can just disable it with config anyway. People that don't mind the inconsistency can still use it if they want, then.
it worked really well for me in the last patch :(
like you said, you can still turn it off when experiencing problems.

-> savegame

play planeswalker -> use+1 -> block with token -> loyalty counters will get removed
play damnation -> game will crash next turn due to genesis activation
Salbei
DEVELOPER

Next

Return to Patches