It is currently 16 Apr 2024, 04:28

Text Size

Manalink update 25 March 2015: Fate Reforged

The latest Manalink updates are posted here.
PLEASE DO NOT BUMP OLD UPDATES!

Moderators: BAgate, drool66, Aswan jaguar, gmzombie, stassy, CCGHQ Admins

Re: Manalink update 25 March 2015: Fate Reforged

Postby Korath » 13 Sep 2015, 13:53

Here you go.

Starred entries have printings in other sets; they were added manually, so might not be 100% accurate. I haven't checked whether they've actually been implemented, and I suppose there might be some whose only other printing follows Magic: Origins.
Attachments
origins.zip
(11.97 KiB) Downloaded 508 times
Korath
DEVELOPER

Postby Squishy » 09 Nov 2015, 18:37

Hey!
New member here, been playing Shandalar a while and recently came upon Manalink.

I'm in the same boat as w128jaws, with the text disappearing from cards, or cards even disappearing from my hand altogether when I try to update from BNG v2 to this patch.

Yes, I have rebooted my pc, up to several times, and the problem persists.

I've managed to make a 'safe' installation, but anytime I copy it somewhere and start tinkering, it all goes up in metaphorical flames.

I'm getting really frustrated here, guys. Does anyone have a fix, and if so, can you spoonfeed it to me/explain it like I was five years old? I've read that if I have any update from January 2014 or more recent, I could just download this update and zip it into my Magic folder, and of course updating the CardArtManaLink folder.
Squishy

Postby Aswan jaguar » 11 Nov 2015, 05:03

Can you list the exact steps you did to install and which versions?
Also what is your OS?
---
Trying to squash some bugs and playtesting.
Aswan jaguar
Super Tester Elite

Postby vst » 16 Nov 2015, 21:30

Hi all, long time player here. Used the vanilla dotp for many years. Anyway, been trying to set up some IP play with my brother. Does Manalink 3 help with this at all? We're currently using Hamachi with the 2010 dotp ML 2.01 repack ISO on Win7, but figured it is perhaps fixable as to not have to use Hamachi. I seem to remember TCP/IP working but that was probably on our 98 machines, oof.

I haven't even begun to digest all the updates I'll need if I decide to upgrade to ML3. Seems kind of like a rats nest of files, I'll have to rtfm. I do really appreciate all the work y'all are putting into this ol' gem. Keep it up.
vst

Postby Korath » 17 Nov 2015, 00:04

No, it's been broken for quite a while.
Korath
DEVELOPER

Postby Greywolf75 » 24 Dec 2015, 15:14

I think part of the problem with doing these updates is that while the Art downloads have instructions attached, the actual Manalink 3.0 download doesn't have one attached, or as far as I can see even a readme.txt inside the zip file explaining what to do with it.

Extract 3.0 patch to a folder and run one of the .exe

or

Extract 3.0 patch to the existing MagicTG directory and everything is done ?

I'll be the first to admit I'm not a heavily experienced updater or programmer, but I've been muddling my way through computers since late DOS systems and there have simply been too many ways to update a lot of games/programs/apps over the years :lol:

love the work on Shandalar updates folks, simply amazed that a program older than my youngest kid can be made to work so well in Windows 10, you guys Rock !!! =D>
Greywolf75

Postby Korath » 24 Dec 2015, 18:23

The entire instructions for a long time have been
  1. Extract to your current installation directory, overwriting everything.
    1. If whoever packaged the patch accidentally included a temporary directory so that it extracts to something like manalink-patch-12-2015/whatever.exe instead of just whatever.exe, take a moment to swear loudly and creatively.
  2. If you have .dck files with vanguard, highlander, commander, handicap etc. cards, run playdeck analyzer to unmangle their csvs, because the patch wantonly reassigned new ones.
I'm hoping to make step 2 unnecessary this time around. It's mostly done already - the only remaining stumbling blocks are Shandalar, which can wait until its own release; and drawcardlib, which is mostly a cosmetic problem.

Either way, your point is well-taken, and I'll be certain to include explicit installation instructions with the next patch. (Which will be today or tomorrow, depending on whether I still have my how-to-release crib sheet lying around somewhere.)
Korath
DEVELOPER

Previous

Return to Patches