It is currently 25 Apr 2024, 11:41

Text Size

Manalink *Minor* Update - 8th Edition

The latest Manalink updates are posted here.
PLEASE DO NOT BUMP OLD UPDATES!

Moderators: BAgate, drool66, Aswan jaguar, gmzombie, stassy, CCGHQ Admins

Re: Manalink *Minor* Update - 8th Edition

Postby jatill » 16 Nov 2009, 13:49

0rion79 wrote:[OT] since the discussion is going on, may I ask for an off-topic matter? At CSV slot 1963 in "best of" what card do you have? Form of the Dragon or Essence Sliver? I got a paradox on my version while revising all of my decks.
Essense Sliver, which must be unlocked. Form of the Dragon was never coded.

Re: List of Enchanemtnt cards. Way too long to recode all of them.
jatill
DEVELOPER

Postby Triadasoul » 16 Nov 2009, 13:59

May be only cheap destroyers and Nirnival Disks ? :roll:
And it's easier to do them from time to time to cover this list someday not a hole pile at once %)
Last edited by Triadasoul on 16 Nov 2009, 14:01, edited 1 time in total.
Triadasoul

Postby jatill » 16 Nov 2009, 13:59

joemuz wrote:anywayz.... jatill, i was wondering. i know you said you weren't going to code the other legends but how about this idea: there are currently 116 legends and 40 dark cards which are still not coded. for completeness sakes, how about taking out the zendikar cards from the "best of" version and adding the rest of the legends and dark? (and if you want to be really complete, the few missing A/B/U (5), arabian nights (3), and antiquities (1) ). that way, we can enjoy complete sets of all the old cards and since you made a version with all the zendikar, we can still play with those with the switcher. i know it is a lot of work and i would actually really like to help you in any way i can. i don't know how to program but i can learn pretty quick. i also have a job that allows me to basically work whenever i want so time is not an issue and i plan on learning whatever it takes to be able to help you since you've done so much for us.

anyway, let me know if this is something you'd consider. either way, thanks again for all the time you've taken to code the cards we have now.
1) What are the missing ABU / Arabian / Antiquities cards? If I can code them, I will add them. I guessing they are mostly uncodable, though (ex: Illusionary Mask).

2) What are the missing The Dark cards? There's a chance I might look at that.

3) As I mentioned before, I think adding the Legends cards is a waste of time, since most of them are so awful.

4) If I add any of these cards, it would be to the Limited (i.e. Zendikar) version. The 'best of' version is exactly that, only the best cards, in general. So I wouldn't remove some awesome Zendikar cards and add in crap like Festival.

5) You mention you're willing to help. Well, if you want to add in the Legends cards I'm not going to stop you :) Why not try coding a card yourself and see how it goes. There are some short instructions on the wiki for how to code cards in C. The cards range from rididulously easy to very difficult. Start with something easy, like Vampire Nighthawk:

Code: Select all
int card_vampire_nighthawk(int player, int card, event_t event){
    lifelink(player, card, event);
    deathtouch(player, card, event);
    return 0;
}
jatill
DEVELOPER

Postby 0rion79 » 16 Nov 2009, 14:59

jatill wrote:1) What are the missing ABU / Arabian / Antiquities cards? If I can code them, I will add them. I guessing they are mostly uncodable, though (ex: Illusionary Mask).
Yes, just uncodeable junk as Shahrazad

2) What are the missing The Dark cards? There's a chance I might look at that.
I've already made a list few pages before, with the "best of". I also agree with you that coding all of those cards would just be a waste of time, but if some of the cards that I've listed may be of inspiration, I would be very happy to see them coded in both versions.

3) As I mentioned before, I think adding the Legends cards is a waste of time, since most of them are so awful.
=D> Absolutely.

4) If I add any of these cards, it would be to the Limited (i.e. Zendikar) version. The 'best of' version is exactly that, only the best cards, in general. So I wouldn't remove some awesome Zendikar cards and add in crap like Festival.
=D> Absolutely! But what to remove some junk as Raging Bull or Squire to add some more card from the same expansion sets, as Recall or The Preacher ?

PS: thanks for the hint about Armonic Sliver. Don't know how it has happened: it was in my slivers deck but figured out as the red card.
0rion79

Postby scherbchen » 16 Nov 2009, 15:09

jatill wrote:Re: List of Enchanemtnt cards. Way too long to recode all of them.
hence my shorter list (which should not have Tranquility in it anyhoo) which only list the ones that kill a single enchantment. Demistyfy and Naturalize being the annyoing ones in challenge mode.

but hey, I can live with how they work now. kind of balances out the fact that the AI will overkill them with creatures.
scherbchen

Postby jatill » 16 Nov 2009, 15:20

I don't see the 'The Dark' missing list, only legends. Can you paste it to this thread?
jatill
DEVELOPER

Postby 0rion79 » 16 Nov 2009, 15:49

They were at the bottom of it, but there is not much of itnerest.
Just to avoid misunderstandments, this is my personal "best of" Darks, not a full list, but trust me that the otehr cards are even worst than the ones listed here. As I've written before, if there is anything that touches your immagination, you're wellcomed :)

Dance of Many (just cute)
Dust to Dust (good artifact removal, card advantage)
The Fallen (sealed deck & zombie tribe deck)
Frankenstein's Monster (sealed deck & zombie tribe deck)
Gaea's Touch (in some cases better than Land Exploration)
Giant Shark (lol! XD)
Goblin Wizard (nice for goblin decks)
Grave Robbers
Living Armor
Nameless Race
Necropolis
Orc General (nice Lord for orcs decks, don't know if anything better has been printed lately)
Preacher (unique card for white, nice combo with diamond valley)
Runesword
Scarecrow
Skull of Orm (may allow weird combos with enchantments)
Standing Stones (good to be Dark, nice for sealed decks)
0rion79

Postby gmzombie » 16 Nov 2009, 16:23

ive always wanted safe haven but the mechanics of the card vs the game are impossible...but that and the preacher was always a good combo...i take a creature then put it in safehaven...you have no creature..
can I maze of ith your snowstorm?

http://home.comcast.net/~gmzombie/index.html old stuff in here. don't use this stuff right now till I get time to get back into it and readjust.
gmzombie

Postby jatill » 16 Nov 2009, 16:34

gmzombie wrote:ive always wanted safe haven but the mechanics of the card vs the game are impossible...but that and the preacher was always a good combo...i take a creature then put it in safehaven...you have no creature..
Safe Haven is totally doable. Looking at Orion's short list, I think almost all of them are.
jatill
DEVELOPER

Postby 0rion79 » 16 Nov 2009, 16:49

Well, jatil, the question is: are they worthy of? If you have time, I think that it would be a good idea to remove some of the most useless cards, as the ones that I've listed before, and create a true "best of" of Legends and the Dark too, accordingly to YOUR tastes.

Considering all the good cards that you've done, I doubt that anybody is still using Lady Orca or Hidden Path even in sealed deck games! So, I think that you would do a big favor to everybody here if you would remove the most ugly cards listed in some previous thread and replace them with something better from the same sets: whatever you like more and IF you are willing to.
No constrictions, I know that you are not our personal all-do majordome :)
0rion79

Postby joemuz » 16 Nov 2009, 18:19

jatill wrote:
joemuz wrote:anywayz.... jatill, i was wondering. i know you said you weren't going to code the other legends but how about this idea: there are currently 116 legends and 40 dark cards which are still not coded. for completeness sakes, how about taking out the zendikar cards from the "best of" version and adding the rest of the legends and dark? (and if you want to be really complete, the few missing A/B/U (5), arabian nights (3), and antiquities (1) ). that way, we can enjoy complete sets of all the old cards and since you made a version with all the zendikar, we can still play with those with the switcher. i know it is a lot of work and i would actually really like to help you in any way i can. i don't know how to program but i can learn pretty quick. i also have a job that allows me to basically work whenever i want so time is not an issue and i plan on learning whatever it takes to be able to help you since you've done so much for us.

anyway, let me know if this is something you'd consider. either way, thanks again for all the time you've taken to code the cards we have now.
hey thanks for replying. i've been busy just getting the skymagic editor to work! (i had to use virtual PC as i'm running windows 7) so to answer your questions...

jatill wrote:1) What are the missing ABU / Arabian / Antiquities cards? If I can code them, I will add them. I guessing they are mostly uncodable, though (ex: Illusionary Mask).
A/B/U
- Word of Command
- Camouflage
- False Orders
- Chaos Orb
- Illusionary Mask

Arabian Nights
- Metamorphosis
- Shahrazad
- City in a Bottle

Antiquities
- Golgothian Sylex

i know some of these are probably uncodeable, i'm just being thorough.

jatill wrote:2) What are the missing The Dark cards? There's a chance I might look at that.
- [B] Eater of the Dead
- [B] Frankenstein's Monster
- [B] Grave Robbers
- [B] Nameless Race
- [B] Season of the Witch
- [B] The Fallen
- [B] Worms of the Earth
- [U] Dance of Many
- [U] Deep Water
- [U] Electric Eel
- [U] Giant Shark
- [U] Mana Vortex
- [U] Psychic Allergy
- [G] Gaea's Touch
- [G] Lurker
- [G] Scarwood Bandits
- [G] Scarwood Hag
- [G] Spitting Slug
- [G] Whippoorwill
- [R] Goblin Wizard
- [R] Orc General
- [W] Blood of the Martyr
- [W] Cleansing
- [W] Dust to Dust
- [W] Fasting
- [W] Festival
- [W] Fire and Brimstone
- [W] Preacher
- [A] Dark Sphere
- [A] Living Armor
- [A] Necropolis
- [A] Reflecting Mirror
- [A] Runesword
- [A] Scarecrow
- [A] Skull of Orm
- [A] Standing Stones
- [A] Tower of Coireall
- [L] City of Shadows
- [L] Safe Haven
- [L] Sorrow's Path

jatill wrote:3) As I mentioned before, I think adding the Legends cards is a waste of time, since most of them are so awful.
yeah, i know, it's the raging OCD in me that just hates anything not complete. :D :D

jatill wrote:4) If I add any of these cards, it would be to the Limited (i.e. Zendikar) version. The 'best of' version is exactly that, only the best cards, in general. So I wouldn't remove some awesome Zendikar cards and add in crap like Festival.

5) You mention you're willing to help. Well, if you want to add in the Legends cards I'm not going to stop you :) Why not try coding a card yourself and see how it goes. There are some short instructions on the wiki for how to code cards in C. The cards range from rididulously easy to very difficult. Start with something easy, like Vampire Nighthawk:
yep, i'm serious about that. it may take me some time to get started but i just bought a book on C like i said earlier, the only thing that was initially holding me back was that i couldn't get skymagic editor to work on my windows 7 machine. but i got that fixed by installing microsoft's virtual PC which is a pretty cool program in itself.

so i'm going to start experimenting today and see if i can get these cards programmed. and if i'm successful, i'll help you out on future endeavors and who knows, maybe i'll release a version with all the legends and dark included. :)
joemuz

Postby jatill » 16 Nov 2009, 18:40

joemuz wrote:so i'm going to start experimenting today and see if i can get these cards programmed. and if i'm successful, i'll help you out on future endeavors and who knows, maybe i'll release a version with all the legends and dark included. :)
If you have questions, create a new thread called 'coding questions' or something in the development sub-forum, and I'll answer them the best I can.

Also, looking through the list of old cards that were left out, I believe the City in A Gottle and Gothian Cyclex should be doable. Go ahead and give them a try ;)
jatill
DEVELOPER

Postby Tapani » 16 Nov 2009, 18:42

joemuz wrote:A/B/U
- Chaos Orb

i know some of these are probably uncodeable, i'm just being thorough.
When Chaos Orb was still allowed in tournaments, it was played as "1, T, sacrifice Chaos Orb: Destroy target permanent". (To allow disabled to use it too, and to avoid people to spread out their cards).

So, if you *really* want to have that card coded as well, that could be a suitable solution.

//Tapani (old timer)
Tapani

Postby jatill » 16 Nov 2009, 18:55

Tapani wrote:When Chaos Orb was still allowed in tournaments, it was played as "1, T, sacrifice Chaos Orb: Destroy target permanent". (To allow disabled to use it too, and to avoid people to spread out their cards).

So, if you *really* want to have that card coded as well, that could be a suitable solution.
Doesn't sound very chaotic... maybe if it also crashed your game 1/3 times :twisted:
jatill
DEVELOPER

PreviousNext

Return to Patches