It is currently 26 Apr 2024, 15:33

Text Size

Manalink Update Dec 25 : Merry Christmas Update

The latest Manalink updates are posted here.
PLEASE DO NOT BUMP OLD UPDATES!

Moderators: BAgate, drool66, Aswan jaguar, gmzombie, stassy, CCGHQ Admins

Re: Merry Christmas Update

Postby Salbei » 27 Dec 2009, 00:02

download the rapidshare update and not the mediafire one (you can even see on the link that the mediafire link is outdated)

20091104.zip <- mediafire outdated
20091224.zip <- rapidshare THIS IS THE ONE YOU NEED

guess most of the recent font issues etc are related to this aswell.
Retired a long time ago. I will not reply.
Salbei
DEVELOPER

Postby jatill » 27 Dec 2009, 00:05

Salbei wrote:download the rapidshare update and not the mediafire one (you can even see on the link that the mediafire link is outdated)

Oops, big mistake! No wonder there were so many problems. Mediafire is updated now.

http://www.mediafire.com/file/3mkgmzztt0z/20091224.zip
jatill
DEVELOPER

Postby Bog Wraith » 27 Dec 2009, 01:48

Salbei wrote:download the rapidshare update and not the mediafire one (you can even see on the link that the mediafire link is outdated)

guess most of the recent font issues etc are related to this aswell.
No, this had nothing to do with it for me. I only got the file from rapidshare as it seemed obvious to me the difference in the two dates of these two files. I didn't download the older one!

Even when I did a fresh install after first overwriting my original install, (after having backed it up first!), I needed to copy the fonts from my old install back into the newer one. I'm not sure what happens, but the fonts seemed to dissapear or become corrupt when I copied the contents into my main folder from the 20091224 file. :?

Things were ok after I copied the fonts back.
Hell if I understand why the fonts disappeared! :?:

On the other hand, Shandalar keeps crashing whenever I attempt to access my deck(s) in the library!
Attachments
1.jpg
After applying the files from the 20091224 update.
2.jpg
After copying fonts back into folder from older install.
'Twas in the bogs of Cannelbrae
My mate did meet an early grave
'Twas nothing left for us to save
In the peat-filled bogs of Cannelbrae.
Bog Wraith
Global Mod 1 (Ret)

Postby Salbei » 27 Dec 2009, 02:11

they didn´t dissapear. both screenshots had fonts - just different ones.
any chance you messed around with "duelart.dat" (magic\duelart\) ?
Salbei
DEVELOPER

Postby Bog Wraith » 27 Dec 2009, 02:16

No. I know the fonts were there, I meant that the MTG style font had disappeared and within my folder, those fonts were missing after I applied the update. Copying these font files back into the folder without getting a pop up telling me that they were there already in there proved that font was in fact missing!

Also, Shandalar keeps crashing whenever I try to access my deck(s) within the library. Again, not sure why this is happening.
----------------------------------------
(EDIT)

Did another clean install, All is fine with fonts this time, however Shandalar still will not load from within the game screen, and when I start it from the .exe file in the main folder, the game crashes anytime I select the deck editor.
Bog Wraith
Global Mod 1 (Ret)

Postby jatill » 27 Dec 2009, 03:14

Bog Wraith wrote:Did another clean install, All is fine with fonts this time, however Shandalar still will not load from within the game screen, and when I start it from the .exe file in the main folder, the game crashes anytime I select the deck editor.
Not sure if it's just you with the Shandalar problems... editing decks in there worked fine for me. (it uses the old graphics still). I guess you should just keep a separate Shandalar-only version.
jatill
DEVELOPER

Postby Salbei » 27 Dec 2009, 04:20

just tested it aswell.

the screensize gets f´d up when you start it and the "new" deckbuilder definatly crashes shandalar.
Salbei
DEVELOPER

Postby Tattooedoni » 27 Dec 2009, 05:30

Thanks for another great update. I was really pleased to see all the new cards, especially the M10 Duals. Cheers!
Tattooedoni

Postby gmzombie » 27 Dec 2009, 10:02

i think i know why is i had a call that calls into magic.exe for the bmps so deck.exe needs magic.exe to be open at all times otherwise it wont load the call. So if someone with coding can explain how to fix this as i thought taps mod was severed from manalink itself. but it does the same thing.
can I maze of ith your snowstorm?

http://home.comcast.net/~gmzombie/index.html old stuff in here. don't use this stuff right now till I get time to get back into it and readjust.
gmzombie

Postby Bog Wraith » 27 Dec 2009, 13:06

jatill wrote:
Bog Wraith wrote:Did another clean install, All is fine with fonts this time, however Shandalar still will not load from within the game screen, and when I start it from the .exe file in the main folder, the game crashes anytime I select the deck editor.
Not sure if it's just you with the Shandalar problems... editing decks in there worked fine for me. (it uses the old graphics still). I guess you should just keep a separate Shandalar-only version.
I always have multiple installs of the game, with one specific to the original one just for Shandalar!
I'm just reporting the function of the entire install based on the new 20091224 release. It is evident that others including myself are having this crash issue with the new deck editor from within Shandalar. That and the fact that I have to start Shandalr from the .exe file, seem to be the only issues with this release so far. Everything else is great and the new cards, graphics and functions of the old switcher incorporated from within the main menu are real nice!

I really like the look of the new deck editor & hope that this problem it is having within the Shandalar module can be found and addressed.

Also, this problem makes me wonder if we could incorporate petitrudy's deck editor into the game if we want to at some time & whether this same problem would/could occur with it. I hope not because I like what I see from it, even this early in it's development! 8)
Bog Wraith
Global Mod 1 (Ret)

Postby jatill » 27 Dec 2009, 13:08

Bog Wraith wrote:I really like the look of the new deck editor & hope that this problem it is having within the Shandalar module can be found and addressed.
Since I don't have this bug, I can't even begin to address it, unfortunately.

Bog Wraith wrote:Also, this problem makes me wonder if we could incorporate petitrudy's deck editor into the game if we want to at some time & whether this same problem would/could occur with it. I hope not because I like what I see from it, even this early in it's development! 8)
Yes we can (any exe can be launched from Magic.exe as far as I know), but you may have the same problem with Shandalar.
jatill
DEVELOPER

Postby Bog Wraith » 27 Dec 2009, 13:17

Well then, it might become a necessity for others to have at least one additional install; an earlier release to be able to play the Shandalar module.

I'd recommend to folks to keep one of the earlier releases, say the 20091104 one backed up and archived on CD, or their original ManaLink install so as to have it available to them at all times. Hence forward, it might be the only way to visit Shandalar!
Bog Wraith
Global Mod 1 (Ret)

Postby gmzombie » 27 Dec 2009, 22:28

i found out the problem with shandalar. you still need the pic files in your db art folder. the original ones. since there is a seperate deckdll for shandalar if you downloaded taps mod you will be fine as long as you have the old .pic files...i fixed mine

http://home.comcast.net/~gmzombie/index.html old stuff in here. don't use this stuff right now till I get time to get back into it and readjust.
gmzombie

Postby mathusalem » 27 Dec 2009, 23:25

that's good to know ! thank ! I was experiencing the bug too.

... although I think i hadn't destroyed the .pic files (not on the same computer at the moment so I can't check)
mathusalem

Postby gmzombie » 27 Dec 2009, 23:50

remember you probably have to have the shandalar mod to make it work right. tap made shandaLAR run on seperate dll files which was a great idea.

gmzombie

PreviousNext

Return to Patches