It is currently 19 Apr 2024, 17:37

Text Size

Manalink Update Jan 01 : Happy2010 update

The latest Manalink updates are posted here.
PLEASE DO NOT BUMP OLD UPDATES!

Moderators: BAgate, drool66, Aswan jaguar, gmzombie, stassy, CCGHQ Admins

Re: Happy2010 update

Postby informative » 07 Jan 2010, 01:11

Wizards owns the rights to MtG and MicroProse has the rights to Manalink.

True - certainly nobody wants to trample anyone else's intellectual property rights. I think we are all safe with simply finding a way to add extra cards to a game we own and enjoy. (Hopefully most of us already own a copy). I do own the Magic plus the Spells of the Ancients and Duels of the Planeswalker CD's.

We fans can only hope that they will pick their project back up and support it, however minimally, for all of us so we are not left to our own methods.
informative

Postby Bog Wraith » 07 Jan 2010, 03:16

Let's also remember that MicroProse is long gone and that this software is after all, Abadonware!

Yes, WotC owns everything to do with MTG, but I think that we go about it the right way, not flaunting it or doing anything that would raise anyone's ire. No money is or ever will be involved with this project so no one is profiting by anything that has been done going back to Mok's original changes.

I can only speak for myself, but from all the reading and research I've done in regards to games like this and apps like Magic Work Station, it has been my experience that in general, folks still purchase a hell of allot of product from WotC. My collection is huge and if anything, playing with these games & apps just makes me want to acquire the tangible products even more because nothing, & I mean nothing, beats playing any ccg game or any board game for that matter against real live people.

For me, and many others, MTG software like what is housed here at CCGHQ, is the best advertising tool WotC could have to promote their wares. I can't wait to buy a new box of cards every time a new set is released and then fill in from there.

Look, I know allot of people want free stuff and are unwilling to pay when they can get it for free. Hell, the music business was ripe with this back in the Napster days & still is. However, Apple proved more then anyone with iTunes, that folks were also willing to pay, even if the stuff was available for free if they got the product they wanted at top condition & for a reasonable price. That is why I will always purchase real Magic cards and why I never went, nor ever will go for Magic Online. I want the real thing in my hands & in my collection, especially if they are charging the same price for both!

Sorry if I went a bit off topic, but allot of good points were raised in this thread recently & it got me thinking. That is my favorite part of the interactivity between members on a forum! 8)
'Twas in the bogs of Cannelbrae
My mate did meet an early grave
'Twas nothing left for us to save
In the peat-filled bogs of Cannelbrae.
Bog Wraith
Global Mod 1 (Ret)

Postby Bog Wraith » 07 Jan 2010, 19:02

Don't normally double post but just came across a bug. Ryusei, the Falling Star is a flyer but the card doesn't do so in the game. It has no flying icon, nor could I block a Cockatrice when it attacked.
Bog Wraith
Global Mod 1 (Ret)

Postby informative » 07 Jan 2010, 22:49

I am enjoying this latest 2010 release a great deal but I seem to frequently get visual studio crash messages but then after I click continue it continues as if the error was caught and trapped and play or deckbuilding continues. anyone else getting those every few minutes?
informative

Postby Gargaroz » 07 Jan 2010, 23:03

Informative, just let us know what is you OS, if you're playing something besides the standard duel (Challenges, Momir, etc.). After that, try to isolate if your problem is due to some specific card or is a general issue.

@ BogWraith : another data entry bug, damn.
----
- Current / medium term task: adjusting the code for making Misdirection and such usable
- Long term task: inserting all the good stuff I left out from the "Golden Years" mod
Gargaroz
Programmer

Postby Bog Wraith » 07 Jan 2010, 23:27

No sweat Gargaroz, your still feeling your way around. From the cards that I've played with from your update, the results are outstanding!

We are very fortunate to have your talent & enthusiasm working on this great game. I look forward to seeing what you do next! 8)
Bog Wraith
Global Mod 1 (Ret)

Postby Salbei » 09 Jan 2010, 06:58

Bugreport:

Victimize
When the AI plays the card it targets one of YOUR creatures for the sacrifice part :mrgreen:

Cloudpost
Just flavor text on the card.

Keiga, the Tide Star
When the spell gets countered it triggers the "control effect".
Also it is not Legendary (could play 2 of them).
Retired a long time ago. I will not reply.
Salbei
DEVELOPER

Postby 0rion79 » 09 Jan 2010, 12:56

Hey Appl.. hem, hey people, how're u? It is just a couple of weeks that I'm away due to Xmas holydays but it looks like that there has been A LOT of activity here, including a lamer who came here to mess up things.
Even if I can't read all of the new threads, of course I've already got the last 2 updates but not have had the time to play them... also because now I'm so fond of Galactic Civilizations 2, which is my favourite game during relaxing time. Long life to Star Trek ;)

Anyway, I've also seen that the space in the main version is over, right? So the only way to add new card is to remove (again) the worst among the older ones. I must admit that I'm a bit afraid of the possibility of some changes. I've taken a quick look to the other threads but I have not been able to understand if you have reached any new point about extending the cards limit. Would you be so kind to summarize in short the new progresses here?
If again there is the strict need to remove some old cards, I really hope that you modders will do as decided (laces first, then Unlimited lucky charms, then junk from Dark & Legends). After that point, I think there will be the need to open a specific thread about single cards removal.
It is my humble opinion that part of the charm from this game is the possibility to play also with some cards from the past, so I hope that there will be the chance to find a compromise among adding cool and modern cards from present and preserving the most significant ones form the past.
Thank you and happy new year! :)
0rion79

Postby Salbei » 09 Jan 2010, 13:04

you should take a look at this:
viewtopic.php?f=25&t=2053

jatill is working on a program to "create your own favorite 2000 card" manalink edition. that should cover your concerns.
Salbei
DEVELOPER

Postby 0rion79 » 09 Jan 2010, 14:53

Thank you a lot: it has been enlightning! I didn't know that Jatill went so further with that application. It will probably make impossible on-line gaming but I think it is a poor loss (since already corrupted) if compared with the benefits that it brings.
I will wait for some more time before playing, anyway, so I will just update all my decks at once.
Ah, a bad news: savefile.com is closed so all the things that were uploaded there - as the lower volume duel sounds (which were made by me, not by Harry Pitfal) or Original Art restoration mod - went lost :(
0rion79

Postby Salbei » 09 Jan 2010, 15:16

still had it backed up.
http://salbei.spacequadrat.de/magic/upd ... Sounds.rar <- lower volume duel sounds
Salbei
DEVELOPER

Postby gmzombie » 09 Jan 2010, 16:38

orion there was a thread about the next version of manalink we pretty much got a good answer from Snacko about what would need to be done at this point to get everything working. We just dont have that kind of man power or at least someone to do the change. a patch would be great and he talks about it but i dont think anybody besides snacko and harry could pull that off...at least from the peeps in the forum. Wish we could donate to a fund to pay them for it...id donate for sure
can I maze of ith your snowstorm?

http://home.comcast.net/~gmzombie/index.html old stuff in here. don't use this stuff right now till I get time to get back into it and readjust.
gmzombie

Postby DrLambda » 10 Jan 2010, 18:40

I'm not able to untap anything with Earthcraft. I guess this is a bug too. (Yes, i was only using basic lands, enchanted with Wild Growth and Ant Queen ;) )
DrLambda

Postby Gargaroz » 11 Jan 2010, 11:27

Yes, that's a bug. I already fixed it, thanx for your report.
----
- Current / medium term task: adjusting the code for making Misdirection and such usable
- Long term task: inserting all the good stuff I left out from the "Golden Years" mod
Gargaroz
Programmer

Postby squee83 » 16 Jan 2010, 15:11

hi all, Thanks for the update.
There's some problems I had encountered, after I finished copying the files to C:/magic. I tried to launch the deck builder, but I was prompted "WinMain: Couldn't load deck builder bitmaps". What should I do, in order to function properly? :(
squee83

PreviousNext

Return to Patches