It is currently 16 Apr 2024, 12:16

Text Size

17 Sep 2021 - Proverbs, Myths & Fairy Tales v1.1

The latest Manalink updates are posted here.
PLEASE DO NOT BUMP OLD UPDATES!

Moderators: BAgate, drool66, Aswan jaguar, gmzombie, stassy, CCGHQ Admins

Re: July 2021 - Proverbs, Myths & Fairy Tales v1.1

Postby Korath » 19 Sep 2021, 13:07

540 is intentional. 5405 is stated as the default because that's what you get if there's no line for it at all in config.txt; it matches the original game.

You're not likely to get any better results setting it any higher. Modern computers are significantly more than ten times faster than the ones the game was targeted at in 1997, and the AI can't search any further ahead than the human player's first response.

The AI plays about as well as its overall design will allow it to, anyway. You won't improve this system by making it look at the same few hundred branches tens of thousands more times; you'll maybe improve it by making its evaluation function (ai_opinion_of_gamestate() at 0x499160) look at more things so it knows e.g. that Gladecover Scout is better than Elvish Lookout, and both are better than Willow Elf. But what it has the most trouble with isn't the system that AiDecisionTime modifies in the first place - it's blocking and especially attacking decisions.
Korath
DEVELOPER

Re: 17 Sep 2021 - Proverbs, Myths & Fairy Tales v1.1

Postby rcoffman3 » 05 Dec 2021, 21:29

I'm confused honestly (Sorry lol but when I installed Win10 It broke ManaLink for me and not been able to play it but have gone back to Windows 8). The version I have is one that was posted before the BFZ/EDF(?) that was removed because of problems we don't need to rehash. Now I'm back and wanted to say THANK YOU because honestly I don't have anyone to play MTG with and it's rather expensive to play with it constantly having new booster sets released and trying to keep up. My question though is can these new updates be installed over that version that was released before the BFZ/EDF was released? I thought I read something about updates past the old version I have would break the game and have many bugs in it. But I would love to be able to be updated with the newest version not only to play but to see what they have done with MTG (I stopped playing the Table Top version around Tempest, I started playing at the time the Alpha and Beta were actually out so yeah I'm an old school player) so I'm really curious what they have done with the game since I have been gone for so long.
rcoffman3

Re: 17 Sep 2021 - Proverbs, Myths & Fairy Tales v1.1

Postby Aswan jaguar » 06 Dec 2021, 17:55

rcoffman3 wrote:My question though is can these new updates be installed over that version that was released before the BFZ/EDF was released?
You have to make a new full installation, follow guide in first post. Enjoy.
---
Trying to squash some bugs and playtesting.
Aswan jaguar
Super Tester Elite

Previous

Return to Patches