It is currently 27 Apr 2024, 13:08

Text Size

October 2022 - Rebels & Rhystics to Pathways & Pests: Hotfix

The latest Manalink updates are posted here.
PLEASE DO NOT BUMP OLD UPDATES!

Moderators: BAgate, drool66, Aswan jaguar, gmzombie, stassy, CCGHQ Admins

Re: October 2022 - Rebels & Rhystics to Pathways & Pests: Ho

Postby gaiden » 11 Jan 2024, 03:35

Wally wrote:1). In the Sealed Deck Tournament is there a way to limit a particular set of cards to be used in the tournament?

Not really, in sealed deck there is a hardcoded list of available sets (chiefly very early sets)

If you want to play with modern cards you do this through doing random or gauntlet duels (these use the full selection of decks), and you can of course make decks using all available cards in the editor.

2). Is Shandalar playable in this updated game?

Not in this version, there is a working Shandalar version detailed in the Shandalar forum though

Welcome to the forum. You will be amazed at the changes if you only ever played the original, there are literally thousands of new cards added since then,with better and higher resolution UI, and many other improvements.
I did play the original every once awhile throughout the past 15yrs or so. I had a friend whose pet project was remastering one of his favorite games so that got me looking and BAM i was fortunate enough to find this!

Also I did notice the Ai treated "Rules Engine" like a creature in play not sure if there was anyway around that.

Sealed Deck Tourney the Decks and Packs doesn't really matter right? Seems like they all contain ALL the cards from every available card sets.
gaiden

Postby Aswan jaguar » 11 Jan 2024, 06:14

Welcome to our forums gaiden.
gaiden wrote:Also I did notice the Ai treated "Rules Engine" like a creature in play not sure if there was anyway around that.
Some cards can be activated or cast only through the "Rules Engine" card, both for you and AI. Is that what you are saying? Otherwise might be a bug. Please if you find any bugs, make a report about them read the first post here before you submit your first bug: viewtopic.php?f=86&t=4012 and then report it, thanks.
---
Trying to squash some bugs and playtesting.
Aswan jaguar
Super Tester Elite

Postby gaiden » 12 Jan 2024, 15:11

Aswan jaguar wrote:Welcome to our forums gaiden.
gaiden wrote:Also I did notice the Ai treated "Rules Engine" like a creature in play not sure if there was anyway around that.
Some cards can be activated or cast only through the "Rules Engine" card, both for you and AI. Is that what you are saying? Otherwise might be a bug.
I will try to screen capture what I saw because an Ai cast a creature enchantment on Rules Engine one time...
gaiden

Postby Wally » 14 Jan 2024, 07:42

Sealed Deck Tourney the Decks and Packs doesn't really matter right? Seems like they all contain ALL the cards from every available card sets.
Not quite. The sets in Sealed with accurate cards are (from memory) Unlimited, Arabian Nights, Antiquities, and The Dark ie the first set and the first few expansions. If you use the later core sets, 4th, 5th, 8th they are full of all sorts of cards so they can't be used to accurately reflect those sets.
Wally

Previous

Return to Patches