It is currently 28 Apr 2024, 08:51

Text Size

Manalink BETA update : 2000 limit NO MORE !

The latest Manalink updates are posted here.
PLEASE DO NOT BUMP OLD UPDATES!

Moderators: BAgate, drool66, Aswan jaguar, gmzombie, stassy, CCGHQ Admins

Re: Manalink BETA update : 2000 limit NO MORE !

Postby stassy » 06 Jan 2012, 18:20

Disable your antivirus or put Magic.exe into whitelist before extracting? :p
stassy

Postby Sonic » 09 Jan 2012, 23:23

New compiled Card Art – Missing Token and Animated Cards.

I’ve completed recompiling the artwork for the cards which are currently marked as having artwork – and added custom artwork for those awkward cards like the ‘Split’ and ‘Flip’ cards and the currently listed ‘oval border’ tokens.

In the process of doing so, I think I’ve indentified all the missing ‘named’ tokens and cards that ‘becomes a creature’ (Animated) that are currently not set up in the new xls/csv file.

I already had, or have managed to collect the official artwork for many of these cards, either as scanned paper stock or created separately for Magic Online. But as some of them have never had artwork, I’m ether adapting artwork from other cards or looking for third party token artwork which might be acceptable.
The asterisks mark the tokens currently without artwork.

The creature types are fairly obvious, but I’ve added them where required, and listed the Tokens/Animated cards by the number of cards that generate them.

Feedback would be useful – especially as to whether some of the single use tokens would rather be adapted from existing multi-use tokens, and if anybody can look and find any I might have missed.

Construct (Artifact Creature – Construct)
TokenStone Idol Trap (Worldwake)
AnimatedChimeric Sphere (Weatherlight), Chimeric Staff (Urza's Saga), Chimeric Egg (Darksteel), Chimeric Coils (Fifth Dawn), Chimeric Mass (Scars of Mirrodin)

Goblin Rogue
TokenBoggart Mob (Lorwyn), Marsh Flitter (Lorwyn), Warren Weirding (Morningtide), Weirding Shaman (Morningtide)

Rat
TokenLab Rats (Stronghold), Marrow-Gnawer (Champions of Kamigawa), Plague of Vermin (Shadowmoor)

Bat
TokenBelfry Spirit (Guildpact), Skeletal Vampire (Guildpact), Sengir Nosferatu (Time Spiral)

Merfolk Wizard
TokenSummon the School (Lorwyn), Benthicore (Lorwyn), Stonybrook Schoolmaster (Morningtide)

Goblin Soldier
TokenGoblin Trenches (Apocalypse), Rise of the Hobgoblins (Eventide)

Ape
TokenMonkey Cage (Mercadian Masques), Pongify (Planar Chaos)
(Same artwork currently used by ‘Treetop Village Ape’)

Giant Warrior
TokenFeudkiller's Verdict (Morningtide), Giantbaiting (Shadowmoor)

Zombie Wizard
TokenLich Lord of Unx (Alara Reborn)

Cat Warrior
TokenJedit Ojanen of Efrava (Planar Chaos)

Faerie
TokenHunted Troll (Ravnica: City of Guilds)
(Used this new artwork to replace the Faerie Rogue artwork currently being used by ‘Faerie Conclave Animated’)

Cloud Sprite Token (Creature – Faerie)
TokenCloudseeder (Future Sight)
(Used artwork from Cloud Sprite - Mercadian Masques)

Turtle (Artifact Creature – Turtle)
AnimatedChimeric Idol (Prophecy)
(Adapted artwork from Chimeric Idol)

Wirefly (Artifact Creature – Insect)
TokenWirefly Hive (Darksteel)
(Used artwork from Wirefly Hive)

Elemental Cat
TokenFirecat Blitz (Judgment)
(Adapted artwork from Firecat Blitz)

Twin (Artifact Creature – Construct)
TokenGemini Engine (Darksteel)
(Used artwork from Gemini Engine)

Pincher
TokenSummoning Station (Fifth Dawn)

Goblin Warrior
TokenWort, the Raidmother (Shadowmoor)

Giant
TokenPact of the Titan (Future Sight)

Urami (Legendary Creature – Demon Spirit)
TokenTomb of Urami (Saviors of Kamigawa)

Griffin
TokenGriffin Guide (Time Spiral)

Weird
TokenThunderheads (Guildpact)

Merfolk
TokenLullmage Mentor (Zendikar)

Shapeshifter Token
TokenCrib Swap (Lorwyn)

Tuktuk the Returned (Legendary Artifact Creature – Goblin Golem)
TokenTuktuk the Explorer (Rise of the Eldrazi)

Bird Soldier
TokenFlurry of Wings (Alara Reborn)

Drake
TokenLeafdrake Roost (Dissension)

Caribou
TokenCaribou Range (Ice Age)

Kaldra (Legendary Artifact Creature – Avatar)
TokenHelm of Kaldra (Fifth Dawn)

Treefolk Shaman
TokenReach of Branches (Morningtide)

Lizard
TokenPredatory Advantage (Alara Reborn)

Sand
TokenDune-Brood Nephilim (Guildpact)

*Orb
TokenPhantasmal Sphere (Alliances)

*Splinter Token
TokenSplintering Wind (Alliances)

*Wall
TokenTidal Wave (Mirage)

*Goblin Scout

TokenGoblin Scouts (Mirage)

*Butterfly (Creature – Insect)
TokenGiant Caterpillar (Mercadian Masques)

*Sheep
TokenOvinomancer (Visions)
(I’d rather not use the naff artwork from the tokens in ‘Unglued’)

*Spike
TokenSpike Breeder (Stronghold)

*Kavu
TokenPenumbra Kavu (Apocalypse)

*Spawn (Artifact Creature – Spawn)
TokenSpawning Pit (Darksteel)

*Dragon Spirit
TokenTatsumasa, the Dragon's Fang (Champions of Kamigawa)

*Correction*
*Festering Goblin Token (Creature – Zombie Goblin)
TokenSkirk Ridge Exhumer (Future Sight)

Currently listed in xls/csv but not required.

Maggot
TokenCarrion (Mirage) – Not used in latest Oracle rules. Carrion generates ‘Insect’ creature tokens.

Wild Pegasus? – Can’t find any mention of this token name anywhere.
Last edited by Sonic on 10 Jan 2012, 12:03, edited 3 times in total.
Working On: Life, the Universe, and Everything.
Sonic
Apprentice

Postby Aswan jaguar » 10 Jan 2012, 09:18

I don't know if you have seen what I posted here of missing cardartwork and mistakes in names of pictures that resolved in not showing the images,helps you:
viewtopic.php?f=56&t=5911&start=135#p77846

Sonic wrote:
Wild Pegasus – ? – Can’t find any mention of this token name anywhere.
About the Wild Pegasus is a token made of Sacred Mesa but the oracle has changed probably like Carrion - Maggot although I don't see the reason the name changed as even originally it still counted as Pegasus just had more impressive name.Too bad for oldtimers they want have their tokens named like once was.

Tokens you mention here are mostly about uncoded cards right?
Attachments
wild pegasus.jpg
---
Trying to squash some bugs and playtesting.
Aswan jaguar
Super Tester Elite

Postby Sonic » 10 Jan 2012, 11:56

Yeah, thanks for the list. I used your posted list to initially check for card file name errors, but then went on to create a spreadsheet for comparison checking the card names in the xls file against the file names extracted from my current CardArtManalink folder. I'm fairly confident I now have the all the correctly named images corresponding to number listed by totaling the 'Num Pic' column - including the custom artwork I mentioned.

Gargaroz has already mentioned that some of the cards probably won't get coded. I assume because their mechanics can't currently be accommodated in the game. So I think it would be best to add the required artwork as, and if, Gargaroz activates the cards.

But really I posted the Token/Animated list purely for Gargaroz to decide whether the 'generator' cards mentioned will get coded and become active as to whether the named tokens will be required.
Currently the tokens are arranged in a neat block at the end of the file - so it would be nice to keep them that way and add the required token entries before any new expansion/core sets are added.

Ta for the 'Sacred Mesa' info. Now I've looked into it, it seems the "Wild" wording was removed after it's initial release in Mirage.
Sonic
Apprentice

Postby Gargaroz » 10 Jan 2012, 14:08

Guys, here's some general rules for tokens and animated cards :

1) Artifacts that could be animate doesn't need tokens or additional slots for their animated version, unless it's specifically asked by the coders.

2) Token that differs only by P/T, colors or abilities should be merged (example : Blue Faerie and Black Faerie should be merged in Faerie).
Otherwise, tokens with more than 1 subtype should stay separated (example : Soldier and Soldier Ally).

3) As I alredy requested, if a non-artifact card has an animated / double / flip other identity, it should be put on the slot that immediatly follow its original identuty (example : 00000 Treetop Village, 00001 Treetop Village Ape).

Sonic and everyone working on the "final" CSV : as soon as someone has a something finished, please post it or upload it somewhere. And it would be great if you could upload both the XLS and CSV files.
----
- Current / medium term task: adjusting the code for making Misdirection and such usable
- Long term task: inserting all the good stuff I left out from the "Golden Years" mod
Gargaroz
Programmer

Postby Sonic » 11 Jan 2012, 00:05

Gargaroz wrote:Guys, here's some general rules for tokens and animated cards :

1) Artifacts that could be animate doesn't need tokens or additional slots for their animated version, unless it's specifically asked by the coders.

2) Token that differs only by P/T, colors or abilities should be merged (example : Blue Faerie and Black Faerie should be merged in Faerie).
Otherwise, tokens with more than 1 subtype should stay separated (example : Soldier and Soldier Ally).

3) As I alredy requested, if a non-artifact card has an animated / double / flip other identity, it should be put on the slot that immediatly follow its original identuty (example : 00000 Treetop Village, 00001 Treetop Village Ape).

Sonic and everyone working on the "final" CSV : as soon as someone has a something finished, please post it or upload it somewhere. And it would be great if you could upload both the XLS and CSV files.
Given that info I could post a new candidate file in a couple of days.

I've restored all the missing long dashes in the Rules Text, and a few other typos I found in the Oracle file Mok and I used.
Corrected some errors in the 'Color' field, I knew to be wrong from the original posted beta csv file.
And sorted the 'Pic Num' entries - along with the artwork.

I still have a few questions though (remember non-coder)

You say an Animated card entry should be entered in the slot immediately after its 'generator' card.
So can I assume the card ID's aren't rigidly fixed within the csv anymore. Does the card_id.h file produced by the updating process take care of any movement in the ID number of the cards?
And if so would you like me to move Trench Gorger and insert a slot alphabetically within the 'Magic: Commander' block, and then reorder the token entries with the new entries alphabetically.

Also, I have no idea how these 'New Types' codes work. I presume I can copy and paste the types for the new tokens from existing entries, but I'll leave those I'm not too sure of. I'll enter all the basic parameter data for the tokens - as done with the currently un-coded cards in the original beta Oracle manalink.csv.
Sonic
Apprentice

Postby Gargaroz » 11 Jan 2012, 01:40

Sonic,
- Feel free to do your rearranging thing, the csv2dat will take care of creating a new IDs file. Just remember my previosu instructions ;)
- For now, leave these fields blank (0), they work differently from Subtype and Subtype2. As soon as we update the main code for making that fields useable, we'll update the CSV too.
----
- Current / medium term task: adjusting the code for making Misdirection and such usable
- Long term task: inserting all the good stuff I left out from the "Golden Years" mod
Gargaroz
Programmer

Postby Mok » 11 Jan 2012, 12:06

Sonic wrote:So can I assume the card ID's aren't rigidly fixed within the csv anymore. Does the card_id.h file produced by the updating process take care of any movement in the ID number of the cards?
The original cards must be left alone. That includes tokens in that range too.
Also, I have no idea how these 'New Types' codes work. I presume I can copy and paste the types for the new tokens from existing entries, but I'll leave those I'm not too sure of. I'll enter all the basic parameter data for the tokens - as done with the currently un-coded cards in the original beta Oracle manalink.csv.
The new types are a simple conversion of the type line into values from stypes.h from src directory (just open the file and use it to get the values for each word in type line). I see now that Gargaroz extended them somewhat which I consider not really a good idea as it was planned to only use official types from current rules but I don't really care as to be honest the fields won't be useful too much. They won't work with any type changes without major changes in the exe that will likely never happen. So the fields can be used (maybe) in C code that checks types on original/unchanged card but any effects that change card sub/type won't be correct as the data is read-only.
Mok
Programmer

Postby Mok » 11 Jan 2012, 21:51

Sonic wrote:Corrected some errors in the 'Color' field, I knew to be wrong from the original posted beta csv file.
Anything more serious than a couple of colorless/nothing for cards where it doesn't matter? I'm asking as there were some minor changes compared to old csv like colored artifacts being set to colors and no longer as colorless.
Mok
Programmer

Postby Sonic » 12 Jan 2012, 14:39

OK, in the final straight. I'll post a full update of the changes when I post the files and the artwork.

Anyway, I'd like to remove any unnecessary 'Empty' slots from the xls file.
I realise the original card 'Empty/None' slots can't be removed. I believe this includes any slot from 0-953?

There was some initial talk at the start of the project that any slot below 1700 should be left alone. However, many of the tokens that occupied these slots (954-1700?) have now been moved to the end of the xls file. So can the 'Empty' slots in this range be removed?

@Mok - Thanks for the heads up on the 'New Types' fields. Once I started adding the new tokens, I saw the basic pattern - but the specific creature types info was useful in a couple of cases of cases. Although, I agree with your premise of updating the Sub/Type list from the latest rules sub/type listing.

Once I checked your 'Color' entries against my corrected beta csv file, I only ended up correcting 1 or possibly 2 entries, if I remember rightly.
Sonic
Apprentice

Postby Mok » 12 Jan 2012, 16:20

Sonic wrote:Anyway, I'd like to remove any unnecessary 'Empty' slots from the xls file.
I realise the original card 'Empty/None' slots can't be removed. I believe this includes any slot from 0-953?
The problem with slots in range 0-1200 and some in 1200-1700 is simple, the code accesses some of the cards via their card id inside Magic.exe and ManalinkEx.dll. So even if you remove the unused card you must fill the slot with something else. I believe in range 1-1000 only id 31 can be replaced as it's unused AFAICT. Other empty slots like 872+ are used for tokens and effects by the original code and must be left alone. Even if the card is recoded completely, the original engine still might access some data while assuming say slot 892 is Rukh Token. If you put an unrelated card in it's place (assuming Rukh Egg was recoded) it might have problems later due to engine skipping it for some calculations or something similar.

I have no idea about empty slots in 1100-1700 as these weren't added by me. But if you remove empty card there, you need to fill it with something else so the order is kept and some lands in range 1200+ and 1600+ are working correctly.

Thanks for your work on xls/csv files, I know it's tedious.

BTW: I believe Gargaroz made a lot of changes to the other xls file (maybe some to the main xls too) and that one will need correction of broken special characters too (Ć->Æ and so on).
Mok
Programmer

Postby Mok » 12 Jan 2012, 16:38

Sonic, here is pack of tokens from hm... "other place". You can check if you already have all of these: http://www.mediafire.com/?iygf9yxzcrf0sqc
Mok
Programmer

Postby Gargaroz » 12 Jan 2012, 17:08

Mok wrote:Thanks for your work on xls/csv files, I know it's tedious.
BTW: I believe Gargaroz made a lot of changes to the other xls file (maybe some to the main xls too) and that one will need correction of broken special characters too (Ć->Æ and so on).
Many thanks from me too, Sonic ;)
I made just one change to manalink.csv and some more on ct_all.csv. However, I didn't fix the special characters Mok mentioned.
I'm in the process of coding Dark Ascension (complete coding, I'm going on as the spoiler is revealed) and Mercadian Masques (only worthing cards), so I'll probably modify the ct_all a lot in the next future.

But for now, let's concentrare in the first "main" version, so here's the current ct_all in xls format.
Sonic, please fix the special characters and post the file back along with the "complete" CSV.
Attachments
ct_all.rar
(197.81 KiB) Downloaded 272 times
----
Gargaroz
Programmer

Postby oito » 12 Jan 2012, 22:48

Just one question: I can't seem to find "Eldrazi Conscription" in the new version. Is it marked as uncoded?
oito

Postby Mok » 12 Jan 2012, 23:31

oito wrote:Just one question: I can't seem to find "Eldrazi Conscription" in the new version. Is it marked as uncoded?
Nope, it's subtypes are set to "eldrazi" and "creature" which is incorrect for the deckbuilder (and since I haven't touched old subtypes, I missed it). So my question to Gargaroz: is it properly set for "eldrazi enchantments"? Deckbuilder accepts only old style enchantment subtype in first slot, if you changed it in the past, tell me, and I'll remove this limitation. But I think old engine will expect aura type in first subtype slot, so it should be swapped to "creature" and "eldrazi" plus similar changes to any other enchantments that might have it swapped.
Mok
Programmer

PreviousNext

Return to Patches