It is currently 20 Apr 2024, 00:12

Text Size

Manalink BETA update : 2000 limit NO MORE !

The latest Manalink updates are posted here.
PLEASE DO NOT BUMP OLD UPDATES!

Moderators: BAgate, drool66, Aswan jaguar, gmzombie, stassy, CCGHQ Admins

Re: Manalink BETA update : 2000 limit NO MORE !

Postby gmzombie » 14 Jan 2012, 16:26

0rion79 wrote:yep! But it would even easier if each folder had jpg preview of each file, since not all of us have pic file readers and windows does not read them by default.
you dont have quicktime? besides windows will look at the file as it isnt really a .pic file anymore as he said its just renamed so windows will look at it as it dosent matter what extension it is
can I maze of ith your snowstorm?

http://home.comcast.net/~gmzombie/index.html old stuff in here. don't use this stuff right now till I get time to get back into it and readjust.
gmzombie

Postby 0rion79 » 14 Jan 2012, 16:27

Yes, but that would only show global results. If a player wants to switch icons, he/she has to guess which file is the responsible of each art. It is intuitive when it is about creature, enchantments, instants buttons; less intuitive for others as backgrounds.
0rion79

Postby Aswan jaguar » 14 Jan 2012, 17:17

Gargaroz if you haven't find already the newest files that Mok has posted for you here they are:
http://www.mediafire.com/?nt6a92914d5rnxd
@DrLambda I speak for myself but I guess you can choose to code whatever you like just talk to Gargaroz so you don't code the same cards, :lol:
Last edited by Aswan jaguar on 14 Jan 2012, 19:35, edited 1 time in total.
---
Trying to squash some bugs and playtesting.
Aswan jaguar
Super Tester Elite

Postby Gargaroz » 14 Jan 2012, 18:10

Thanx, Aswan jaguar ;)
And where is the message posted by DrLambda ?
----
- Current / medium term task: adjusting the code for making Misdirection and such usable
- Long term task: inserting all the good stuff I left out from the "Golden Years" mod
Gargaroz
Programmer

Postby Dave » 14 Jan 2012, 18:20

In that version of Manalink.csv are some spelling errors:
Frozen Ather -> Frozen Æther
Ring of Ma'r?f -> Ring of Ma'rûf
Ather Adept -> Æther Adept
Arathi Berserker -> Ærathi Berserker
Dave

Postby stassy » 14 Jan 2012, 18:28

Dave wrote:In that version of Manalink.csv are some spelling errors:
Hum, I downloaded latest Mok csv files (xls_csv.rar), extracted them all on magic_updater and Manalink.csv/xls to root folder and didn't have your errors.

stassy

Postby Mok » 14 Jan 2012, 18:28

Dave wrote:In that version of Manalink.csv are some spelling errors:
Nope, the files I posted are ok, just checked it to be sure. Plus the cards show up correctly in deck builder (Æther Adept etc). Did it happen when you saved the .csv from excel maybe? I cannot test this kind of conversion as in my locale it will break the resulting csv file anyway (saving csv from excel properly is likely requiring a western code page in windows and I don't use one).
Mok
Programmer

Postby stassy » 14 Jan 2012, 18:32

For me I opened with Excel 2007 but got correct special char and of course I never save when I close it.

Maybe are you missing unicode special char in your regional settings Dave?
stassy

Postby Aswan jaguar » 14 Jan 2012, 19:07

@Gargaroz. About DrLambda message it is a page back in this topic.
viewtopic.php?f=85&t=6031&start=120#p79352
---
Aswan jaguar
Super Tester Elite

Postby Mok » 14 Jan 2012, 19:34

Gargaroz wrote:Thanx, Aswan jaguar ;)
And where is the message posted by DrLambda ?
Can you also change expansion value of Rules Engine to 1000h so it doesn't show up in Deck Builder?
Also I think Assembly-Worker (token) should be renamed to somehing (dunno... maybe Assembly Worker without the "-" in the name?) and the card "Assembly-Worker" added properly.
Mok
Programmer

Postby Dave » 14 Jan 2012, 19:44

About the csv : my dumb mistake. :oops: the csv is ok indeed...
Dave

Postby Aswan jaguar » 14 Jan 2012, 19:54

Mok with all the work you did cleaning magic.exe and moving code that was messing AI one of the worst problems in my opinion we had in this project "AI becoming unreactive and not playing a thing after some turns "(depending the cards in play-graveyard,hand maybe) seems to be history with this Beta(after playtesting lots of games) :D and I am really gratefull for that and for the game running faster also.So the 2000 nomore limit has brought a lot more to this project than it's original purpose. =D>
My guestions is have you got some advice to give as to what sould be left untouched from now on for developers to follow,so we continue to have a reactive AI till the last card?
---
Aswan jaguar
Super Tester Elite

Postby Mok » 14 Jan 2012, 20:21

Aswan jaguar wrote:Mok with all the work you did cleaning magic.exe and moving code that was messing AI one of the worst problems in my opinion we had in this project "AI becoming unreactive and not playing a thing after some turns "(depending the cards in play-graveyard,hand maybe) seems to be history with this Beta(after playtesting lots of games) :D and I am really gratefull for that and for the game running faster also.So the 2000 nomore limit has brought a lot more to this project than it's original purpose. =D>
My guestions is have you got some advice to give as to what sould be left untouched from now on for developers to follow,so we continue to have a reactive AI till the last card?
Sorry, I'm not doing any main magic.exe code cleaning, that's months of work preparations first which I'm not going to attempt. As for AI becoming unresponsive I really have no idea. That might be something simple, like global variables not being preserved while AI calculates (which is now the case for all C globals), or some fundamental flaw in the old engine, hard to tell without debugging it. Do you have a save game where it's like that? Ie. after loading it, the AI doesn't play anything at all.
Mok
Programmer

Postby Aswan jaguar » 14 Jan 2012, 20:44

Mok wrote:
Sorry, I'm not doing any main magic.exe code cleaning, that's months of work preparations first which I'm not going to attempt. As for AI becoming unresponsive I really have no idea. That might be something simple, like global variables not being preserved while AI calculates (which is now the case for all C globals), or some fundamental flaw in the old engine, hard to tell without debugging it. Do you have a save game where it's like that? Ie. after loading it, the AI doesn't play anything at all.
If you have the last version just before the no2k changes I can provide easily savegames where the AI doesn't react after some turns or else the savegame will be corrupted-or from different versions and won't work.
In fact AI plays only lands and instants(the instants usually only as an answer to smt cast or activated by player)
---
Aswan jaguar
Super Tester Elite

Postby gmzombie » 14 Jan 2012, 22:56

if I may pick your brain for a second Mok which version did you originally use to make the no 2k fix. Just curious as I want to do some testing on the online playability and I know your original 2.0 worked great online. Afterwards we would get random crashes
can I maze of ith your snowstorm?

http://home.comcast.net/~gmzombie/index.html old stuff in here. don't use this stuff right now till I get time to get back into it and readjust.
gmzombie

PreviousNext

Return to Patches