It is currently 18 Apr 2024, 03:47

Text Size

Manalink BETA update : 2000 limit NO MORE !

The latest Manalink updates are posted here.
PLEASE DO NOT BUMP OLD UPDATES!

Moderators: BAgate, drool66, Aswan jaguar, gmzombie, stassy, CCGHQ Admins

Re: Manalink BETA update : 2000 limit NO MORE !

Postby Gargaroz » 15 Jan 2012, 01:37

Mok wrote:As for AI becoming unresponsive I really have no idea. That might be something simple, like global variables not being preserved while AI calculates (which is now the case for all C globals), or some fundamental flaw in the old engine, hard to tell without debugging it. Do you have a save game where it's like that? Ie. after loading it, the AI doesn't play anything at all.
I think that the main reason was that bit that changes the type of mana generated by lands. But we'll see it in the next months.
----
- Current / medium term task: adjusting the code for making Misdirection and such usable
- Long term task: inserting all the good stuff I left out from the "Golden Years" mod
Gargaroz
Programmer

Postby Mok » 15 Jan 2012, 01:39

gmzombie wrote:if I may pick your brain for a second Mok which version did you originally use to make the no 2k fix. Just curious as I want to do some testing on the online playability and I know your original 2.0 worked great online. Afterwards we would get random crashes
Well, online play requires cards with any special parameters to send it over the manalink to the other side, otherwise the clients lose sync. I seriously doubt this has any chance to get working again with all the added hacks, unless it's only a bunch of cards that cause it.
Mok
Programmer

Postby Sonic » 15 Jan 2012, 03:44

Mok wrote:Also I think Assembly-Worker (token) should be renamed to somehing (dunno... maybe Assembly Worker without the "-" in the name?) and the card "Assembly-Worker" added properly.
+1
Working On: Life, the Universe, and Everything.
Sonic
Apprentice

Postby Aswan jaguar » 15 Jan 2012, 12:46

@Mok here are 2 save games of non-reactive AI behaviour (but not the worst cases) in the file with last update before nolimit2k the 2nd is better I believe.
I will try to provide a better example of it.
In "non-reactive AI" save game play couple turns and see then.

Edit a perfect example of non-reactive AI(3). It is in EDH match but the same happens without the use of special cards.
Attachments
unreactive3.zip
(3.75 KiB) Downloaded 505 times
SaveGame.zip
(6.01 KiB) Downloaded 516 times
---
Trying to squash some bugs and playtesting.
Aswan jaguar
Super Tester Elite

Postby DrLambda » 16 Jan 2012, 19:02

Okay, i finally got around to install this, and it seems to be working without problems at the moment (Win 7 x86 as well as x64, VS2010SP1 on both). I was able to work in the deck editor as well as finish a game against the AI.

Now, lets get down to coding.
DrLambda

Postby infernal » 16 Jan 2012, 20:07

Congratulations on this fantastic work!!! Thanks to all of you who are spending their time improving this fantastic game.
I just wanna report one thing: Draft is broken. I tried to make a collection of all M12 cards and start a draft and i get a windows message with "manalink has stopped working". I believe this is due to the high ID cards (like five digits). If a start a draft with low ID cards everything works fine.
Thanks for your attention!
infernal

Postby Althuna » 21 Jan 2012, 04:25

The game is sooooooo much more stable for me now. I play on Win7 64bit, and the game used to crash for me almost every time I played. Usually I could play a few games before it crashed, but maybe one in every several rounds was a crash. Since the patch I have only had one crash, and yet I have probably played 100 games :P It's a massive improvement.
Althuna

Postby oito » 21 Jan 2012, 11:19

I have experienced the same. I agree with what someone said before (I think 0rion79): after getting the beta in a stable state, you really should rename it Manalink 3.0 or something, as the development on Manalink these last months has really achieved a breakthrough and transformed everyone's ideas of this game's capabilities. How can you even compare the current beta version with the original Manalink 2.0? ;)
oito

Postby Althuna » 21 Jan 2012, 16:16

Yeah Manalink 3.0 for sure! It's pretty amazing now.
Althuna

Postby 0rion79 » 22 Jan 2012, 11:29

Gargaroz, I was thinking about the behavior of some cards after Mok's editing of the deckbuilder.
I have tried to play EDH with an old legendary creature from manalink 1.0 (it was from Legends set) and the game did tell me that I had no general in my deck; Ally creatues and Honden enchantments are no longer working...
And mnost of those keywords are all gone from the creatures list.
I wonder if it is just a coincidence!
Still, I think that having "Legendary" in the creature filter is very useful for EDH format, even if it is not a real subtype, as well for hondens, planeswalkers, equipment and so on. What do you think about?
Just remember that for non-creature permamnents, those ID must always be in CSV column 2, or they won't appear in the deckbuilder. Don't know if it is still true after Mok's.
0rion79

Postby mathusalem » 22 Jan 2012, 13:52

oito wrote:I have experienced the same. I agree with what someone said before (I think 0rion79): after getting the beta in a stable state, you really should rename it Manalink 3.0 or something, as the development on Manalink these last months has really achieved a breakthrough and transformed everyone's ideas of this game's capabilities. How can you even compare the current beta version with the original Manalink 2.0? ;)
Hello, hello !
how funny that you should mention that. I had done this a while back, when I was a lot more active on this forum. :)
mathusalem

Postby 0rion79 » 22 Jan 2012, 13:56

Nice to see you again, man!
0rion79

Postby oito » 22 Jan 2012, 15:04

0rion79 wrote:Gargaroz, I was thinking about the behavior of some cards after Mok's editing of the deckbuilder.
I have tried to play EDH with an old legendary creature from manalink 1.0 (it was from Legends set) and the game did tell me that I had no general in my deck; Ally creatues and Honden enchantments are no longer working...
And mnost of those keywords are all gone from the creatures list.
I wonder if it is just a coincidence!
Still, I think that having "Legendary" in the creature filter is very useful for EDH format, even if it is not a real subtype, as well for hondens, planeswalkers, equipment and so on. What do you think about?
Just remember that for non-creature permamnents, those ID must always be in CSV column 2, or they won't appear in the deckbuilder. Don't know if it is still true after Mok's.
Not sure... but, from what I understood, it has to do with the new type system that's being implemented (to allow proper support of 3+ types per card), so... I guess both Mok and Gargaroz are probably already aware of that regression ;)
oito

Postby oito » 22 Jan 2012, 15:06

Looks nice, mathusalem ^^ But.. yeah... I guess soon we won't need the "switcher" section :P
oito

Postby gmzombie » 22 Jan 2012, 22:21

looks good but now i would like to see the shandalar button restored.
can I maze of ith your snowstorm?

http://home.comcast.net/~gmzombie/index.html old stuff in here. don't use this stuff right now till I get time to get back into it and readjust.
gmzombie

PreviousNext

Return to Patches