It is currently 29 Apr 2024, 03:07

Text Size

ManaLink Update: 0902.26

The latest Manalink updates are posted here.
PLEASE DO NOT BUMP OLD UPDATES!

Moderators: BAgate, drool66, Aswan jaguar, gmzombie, stassy, CCGHQ Admins

ManaLink Update: 0902.26

Postby Bog Wraith » 26 Feb 2009, 18:42

Originally posted by Jatill:

The most recent update can be found here:
http://www.savefile.com/files/1997761

Since there are many developers on the project now, there may be slightly more recent versions. Each weekend, though, I will update the link in this thread to be the most recent. So this link will never be more than a week behind.

Recent Additions:
441 - thirst for knowledge
457 - mox diamond
499 - brainstorm
517 - tooth and nail*
555 - compulsive research
--fixed flame rift
'Twas in the bogs of Cannelbrae
My mate did meet an early grave
'Twas nothing left for us to save
In the peat-filled bogs of Cannelbrae.
Bog Wraith
Global Mod 1 (Ret)

Re: ManaLink Update: 0902.26

Postby Bog Wraith » 26 Feb 2009, 19:02

Origianlly posted by Harrypitfall:

Okey! Based on 26/02/2009 version (today released version of jatill), I'm releasing a patched version:

* ManalinkEx.dll pluged into game, fresh 2 megabytes of code size.
* Art of that version + my cards added.
* Added: Civic Wayfinder, Frogmite, Myr Enforcer and Qumulox.
* Editor updated inside patch, to work with extended dll (dissassembler), also, patch system fixed for it.

Get here while is hot: http://rapidshare.com/files/202897804/SkyMarshal.zip

Sorry for the filename, lol, It's because I'm working since the start on a folder called 'skymarshall', the guy that start all of our card coding madness... madness?!? THIS IS SHANDALAR... lol...

Good luck coders!
Bog Wraith
Global Mod 1 (Ret)

Postby jatill » 26 Feb 2009, 19:33

Harry-
Is it possible to make the jump offset match the address for addresses > 1000000?

Also, what card did you remove to add affinity? That is a giant section of empty space! (though now that we have infinite space, who cares :) )

One more thing... can you make Magic.exe read seveal dll's, so each developer can have their own? If not, we should each claim a space in the dll so we can code jumps and stuff without clobbering each other later. If that's the case, I claim 1,200,000-1,300,000. :)
jatill
DEVELOPER

Postby HarryPitfall » 26 Feb 2009, 20:04

Some code space is left behind, when some cards get's updated with new code.
I have a list of 3 spaces with nops on exe, so, let's that space for me ok?
Don't worry, most of the code is just cards that are wrong the coders make it, like spidersilk armor, eternal witness... etc.. that a new code is added at end, and I fill with nops where they are before :) off course, i reuse as much possible these blank spaces :)
And about jumps and call, is all fine, Civic Wayfinder is on dll, at address >= $1001000, and works as expected.

So for now, use the dll space for the cards :) ok?

About add new dll's, is possible, and hurts me to update the editor as lot :)
This dll is at imagebase $1000000, what explains it's addresses, the next dll can just use $1100000, $1200000, $1300000... but for now, lets just use one dll ok?
HarryPitfall
AI Programmer

Postby 0rion79 » 04 Mar 2009, 16:43

Hello, sorry to break the conversation but I would like to propose an idea.

Thanks to the new options, we have largely increased the game possibilities adding A LOT of new cards and now they are so many that deck editing is growing up even more confused at every new card release.

The fact is that, for a reasonable need of order, modders have included cards to existing expansion sets accordingly to their tastes but this makes very difficult to filter the new cards in the deck editor because they are added to previous expansions without any community-shared logic. They are like musrhoms: you know that they are nearby but have to search under the grass to find all of them.

During my last mod, I've seen that it is possibile to use column E in the CSV file (opened with Excell) to add all cards in the Astrall set and column CD (expert rarity) to have them to pop up in sealed game
. In short, it is the "Chronicless effect". Eg, all my cards are tagged with 10110h in that second column and so they appear in sealed deck, probably in Chronicless (even if this may cause some mistake about rarity, but this not the point now). So, since this fact is supported by empiric proofes, it is possible to set all new cards into Astrall set IN THE DECK EDITOR and then have them to appear in other expansion sets in SEALED deck.

I want to point out how important this fact is, because now cards are so many that it is difficult to explore new opporunities for deckbuilding if old cards are mixed with new ones! Instead, it would be much better to have all the new ones grouped into one single expansion that can be filtered/separed by others.
Then what? Using column CD (expert rarity), we can choose where cards form Astral Set would appear in sealed game: Jatill wants his Sliders to appear in Arabian Night? Fine. I want my cards to appear only in Chronicless because I don't want contaminate other sets? Fine. Do we want golden cards to show up in Legends expansion? Fine. But in the deck builder we would still have all new cards grouped together and I think that each of us should "update" his/her own work at the first possibility to achieve this goal that is (imho) equally important than adding new high-approximation cards.

Please, let me know what you think about it: I strongly belive that it is something that should be done.
0rion79

Postby jatill » 04 Mar 2009, 17:24

I didn't understand 100% of what you posted. Are you saying that I can code Muscle Sliver as Astral, but also have it show up in the Arabians set for sealed? If so, then I'm all for your proposal.
jatill
DEVELOPER

Postby 0rion79 » 04 Mar 2009, 17:25

Yes, esactly
0rion79

Postby 0rion79 » 05 Mar 2009, 09:17

Jatill, after a little bit of studying, I've seen what follows - and I write it here for all modders even if probably I'm spoiled something already knonw. Please, correct me if I'm telling something wrong.

When you add a new card, you have 3 colums that are related to the expansion and rarity.
They are:
Column E* (Expansion): this column mainly tell you where the cards are located in the deck editor where the "first print" of the card may also be found in the sealed deck. They are:
0800h = unlimited
0020h = The Dark
0004h = Arabian Nights
0100h = Legends
0008h = Astral
0040h = 8th Edition
0002h = Antiquities
0080 = n/D
01000h = Tokens
Column D* (rarity): this colums tell how rare a card from previous column is. 1 = common, 4 = uncommon, 2 = rare... and 3? Maybe uncommon 1 for small sets? I don't know.
01000h = Tokens
Column CD* (Expert rarity) The name here is tricky because, instead, it tells you if a card has be re-printed in other sets (eg. revised or chronicless). Some cards that have never been re-printed, as Juzam Djinn, have 0h that means nothing. Others instead have a different ID.
As far as I've understood it, using SkyMagic editor informations, there are five numbers followed by "h".
Eg: 00000h. Each number represent a re-print set: from left to right, 8th Edition, Chronicless, 5th Edition, 4th Edition, Revised. I you fill any 0 of your choiche with a number, it will mean that a card has been re-printed in the set that corresponds to the replaced zero.
The values are:
5 = common
1 = uncommon
7 = Special Chronicless (probably uncommon 1??)
9 = rare.
So, if you set a card as 51119h, you are telling to the game that, from right to left, the card was rare (9) in revised and then it has been reduced to uncommon in 4th, 5th and Chronicless (1) and turned to common in 8th edition (5).
Sadly, this means that I was wrong when I claimed that Astral cards may be cloned wherever we want, but it is still possible to take any promo or Astral card (or any of the cards made from us), mark it officially in the deck editor as Astrall card and then "clone" it into Revised, 4th, 5th, 8th edition or Chronicless for sealed deck purposes.
*letters are related to the columns in Microsoft Excell

Now, i was also thinking that, since 5th edition set is very uncomplete, we could dismiss that set and recycle its slot to make an all-random sealed deck game, with all available cards in one single set. You wold never know what you shall get!!! :) Do you like the idea?? I do a lot!!! :)
0rion79

Postby jatill » 05 Mar 2009, 13:09

I love the idea of the all random sealed. I do that now by doing 1 pack of everything, but killing 5th edition seems fine too. I wouldn't want to be the person to update all 1500+ cards, though :)
jatill
DEVELOPER

Postby Bog Wraith » 05 Mar 2009, 13:14

I too like this idea.
Like jatill, I also play with one pack of everything most times I play sealed.
The more random, the better! 8)
Bog Wraith
Global Mod 1 (Ret)

Postby jatill » 05 Mar 2009, 13:38

I could probably write a quick perl script that would do this update.

Can anyone think of a way to identify the 'new' cards from the original cards? Before I started replacing the old id's, this was easy enough, but not any more.
jatill
DEVELOPER

Postby 0rion79 » 05 Mar 2009, 15:41

0rion79

Postby gmzombie » 06 Mar 2009, 07:26

Well this is cool as it was getting harder to find the new cards in filtering in the deck editor. Now really if we could just find out how to add some buttons and some filters in the deck editor or even just update the editor completely with a new interface? ive been looking for someone who would help me with this just updating the editor adding buttons and filters but have yet to find someone. Does anybody want to help. I cant do it on my own i have ideas but not any real programming experience.
can I maze of ith your snowstorm?

http://home.comcast.net/~gmzombie/index.html old stuff in here. don't use this stuff right now till I get time to get back into it and readjust.
gmzombie

Postby 0rion79 » 06 Mar 2009, 07:40

I don't know. I just have tried to look to the text files but changing the "5th edition" writing in one of them did not affect the writings in the game :( I don't even know where to start from....
0rion79

Postby mathusalem » 06 Mar 2009, 16:48

jatill wrote:I could probably write a quick perl script that would do this update.

Can anyone think of a way to identify the 'new' cards from the original cards? Before I started replacing the old id's, this was easy enough, but not any more.
Jatill,
since I was only a half hearted partisan of this solution (replacing old IDs with new cards thus mixing old cards and new cards) I secretly kept the CSV of manalink just before you started doing that..... so if you wanted to place your cards on further IDs I can send you that CSV

we would just have to rename the arts and evrything would be rolling
mathusalem

Return to Patches