It is currently 23 May 2024, 16:26

Text Size

Manalink Update Mar 9 2009

The latest Manalink updates are posted here.
PLEASE DO NOT BUMP OLD UPDATES!

Moderators: BAgate, drool66, Aswan jaguar, gmzombie, stassy, CCGHQ Admins

Manalink Update Mar 9 2009

Postby jatill » 09 Mar 2009, 12:17

http://rapidshare.com/files/207127938/20090309.zip

Includes:
592 - darksteel ingot* (lethal damage still kills it... actually it crashes the game)
594 - kokusho
597 - order of the white shield
598 - Knight of Stromgald
602 - merfolk looter
610 - glimpse the unthinkable

-Fix text for shockland, karoo.
-Fix activation cost for pump knights.
-update legend rule (sorry old timers)
-includes Harrypitfall's last update, with Gauntlet of Power and Wildfire/Malach of Dawn mana cost fixes

Does not include:
-Orion's set update. Orion, would you be able to download this release and patch your changes in? (basically, you'd need to take your spreadsheet and manually copy and paste my new records in) If not, I'll do it next weekend, but I won't have time until then.
-Execute is totally broken (instead of just partially broken)
jatill
DEVELOPER

Re: Manalink Update Mar 9 2009

Postby mathusalem » 09 Mar 2009, 12:30

jatill wrote:
Does not include:
-Orion's set update. Orion, would you be able to download this release and patch your changes in? (basically, you'd need to take your spreadsheet and manually copy and paste my new records in) If not, I'll do it next weekend, but I won't have time until then.
Sorry guys but wouldn't it have been wiser to wait a little longer and include everything that has been added lately and thus release a clean update instead of forgetting stuff, that has to be re-added again ?
+ I believe it's nicer to the guys who contribute even if they are not coders to avoid trashing their updates (and I use a euphemism). There's no need to rush things.
I'll pass on that update as well and will wait the time needed to have a clean and complete update.

sorry guys but as much as I like the work you are doing and am really thankfull for your efforts I don't agree with that. :?
mathusalem

Postby jatill » 09 Mar 2009, 12:38

mathusalem wrote:Sorry guys but wouldn't it have been wiser to wait a little longer and include everything that has been added lately and thus release a clean update instead of forgetting stuff, that has to be re-added again ?
+ I believe it's nicer to the guys who contribute even if they are not coders to avoid trashing their updates (and I use a euphemism). There's no need to rush things.
I'll pass on that update as well and will wait the time needed to have a clean and complete update.

sorry guys but as much as I like the work you are doing and am really thankfull for your efforts I don't agree with that. :?
I agree with you. I would have included Orion's work if savefile wasn't down. But since it is, and I don't have time to merge this week, I wanted to get my stuff posted so people could build from there. It's a lot harder to try and merge magic.exe than it is to update manalink.csv.
jatill
DEVELOPER

Postby jatill » 09 Mar 2009, 12:43

Since we're not using version control it's obviously been a problem keeping the developers from clobbering each other. I wonder if we can use the wiki to keep track of who is the "active developer", or the person responsible for the next release. I'm going to add that section to the wiki any hope that people use it. Since I just submitted a release, nobody is the active developer. If someone plans on doing a release soon, then can change the name to themselves. Then when they're done, change it back to nobody. It's basically the same as locking a file. What do you guys think? (I'm looking at you harry, draggomor, and orion)
jatill
DEVELOPER

Postby mathusalem » 09 Mar 2009, 12:48

I don't think that Orion's work was pure CSV, apparently he has added some stuff in the exe. It took him some time to do that, franckly !
now if you want the exe just after Orion's release I have it still.
mathusalem

Postby jatill » 09 Mar 2009, 12:51

mathusalem wrote:I don't think that Orion's work was pure CSV, apparently he has added some stuff in the exe. It took him some time to do that, franckly !
Someone can correct me if I'm wrong, but Orion's had 2 releases. One with a ton of new cards (pearl dragon, etc). Another with just sset updates, marking all the new cards as 5th edition. The card update is included, but the set update is not.
jatill
DEVELOPER

Postby HarryPitfall » 09 Mar 2009, 13:07

Not bad, I'll download and install just now :)
I'm fixed already execute and a small trouble with tolsimir wolfblood, no problem ok?

So, I'l fix these cards (again), add some evoke creatures... :) and lets go...
HarryPitfall
AI Programmer

Postby mathusalem » 09 Mar 2009, 13:16

jatill wrote:
mathusalem wrote:I don't think that Orion's work was pure CSV, apparently he has added some stuff in the exe. It took him some time to do that, franckly !
Someone can correct me if I'm wrong, but Orion's had 2 releases. One with a ton of new cards (pearl dragon, etc). Another with just sset updates, marking all the new cards as 5th edition. The card update is included, but the set update is not.
hmmmkay, I much prefer to read that. :) I thought it was the card update you had dismissed
mathusalem

Postby Bog Wraith » 09 Mar 2009, 13:48

mathusalem wrote:
jatill wrote:
Does not include:
Sorry guys but wouldn't it have been wiser to wait a little longer and include everything that has been added lately and thus release a clean update instead of forgetting stuff, that has to be re-added again ?

I agree.

I going to make this the current sticky and remove the one from yesterday from sticky status.

I understand what jatill said about savefile being down, but this practice has got to be changed.

All you programmers have to agree on some standard that incorporates the latest updates with what has gone before, otherwise the whole thing becomes a convoluted mess!

I'm trying to my part here by keeping things organized. However, without you guys cooperating by helping me do this, it will fail!
I want this place to work out as I think it can. It's been 2 weeks now since we moved here and I am very encouraged by what has transpired here so far.
I think this place is much better overall for ManaLink then the old place was. Please help me make this forum what we all want by helping me keep things organized and easy for ALL our members to find and access.

Thanks guys! :)
'Twas in the bogs of Cannelbrae
My mate did meet an early grave
'Twas nothing left for us to save
In the peat-filled bogs of Cannelbrae.
Bog Wraith
Global Mod 1 (Ret)

Postby HarryPitfall » 09 Mar 2009, 15:25

Isn't that bad, just need a sticky thread will 'latest' files...
Oh, I finish Mulldrifter... I discover that negative values are trick...

%define EventCode dword [ebp+0x10]
cmp EventCode, -0x5c <= this is what ollydbg shows...
DON'T WORK!
cmp EventCode, 0xa4 <= this the the correct value, unsigned byte
WORK!

You cast mulldrifter for 2U, draw 2 cards, and a nice window pop's asking to: pay 2 mana or sacrifice it! The cost still 4U for counter purposing (spell blast...)
Isn't the oficial rule (since you can evoke then bounce to hand in response), but works very well...

I fixed Execute and Tolsimir also on your latest version jatill... some more hours I'll release something... with more caution to not mix the card sets again... ;)

look how hard is coded a evoke card this way using yasm:

.0001a:
cmp EventCode, 0x7e <= comes into play confirmed for this card
jnz .0002
DrawCard PlayerID, 2
HaveManaOrJump 2, AnyMana, .0001b
OpenWindow PlayerID, CardID, MullDrifterPrompt
cmp eax, 0
jnz .0001b
PayMana 2, ColorlessMana
jmp .0002
.0001b:
DestroyCard PlayerID, CardID, daSacrifice
.0002:
HarryPitfall
AI Programmer

Postby jatill » 09 Mar 2009, 15:53

HarryPitfall wrote:look how hard is coded a evoke card this way using yasm:

.0001a:
cmp EventCode, 0x7e <= comes into play confirmed for this card
jnz .0002
DrawCard PlayerID, 2
HaveManaOrJump 2, AnyMana, .0001b
OpenWindow PlayerID, CardID, MullDrifterPrompt
cmp eax, 0
jnz .0001b
PayMana 2, ColorlessMana
jmp .0002
.0001b:
DestroyCard PlayerID, CardID, daSacrifice
.0002:
That's beautiful. I can't wait to start using yasm. Where's the cost reduction part, though?
jatill
DEVELOPER

Postby HarryPitfall » 09 Mar 2009, 16:00

The cost reduction is very, very hard :)

cmp EventCode, EventSetCost
jnz .0001
sub SetCostColorless, 2
.0001:

I'm trying now to port fellwar stone, to see if works now in yasm... :) remember, fellwar stone have the secret of Reflection Pool...

I discover whats happens when you do damage to indestructible... the game goes crazy and loop into a stack overflow... the funny thing that this doesn't happen to a damaged land with consecrate land... (or animated artifact with guardian beast)...
HarryPitfall
AI Programmer

Postby Bog Wraith » 09 Mar 2009, 18:15

HarryPitfall wrote:Isn't that bad, just need a sticky thread will 'latest' files...
That's not what were going to do! That's the same stuff that caused all the confusion at the old site.
We're not just dumping every new update into one thread! [-X

So far it has worked very well here and I want to continue to do it this way.

Besides, Mathy's point and mine is not only about what or how a thread is used, but more that you programmers should get all your updates together and release them, posted in the same current sticky thread.

So, let me make it clear again. Any update that comes out on a new day will replace the older sticky and become the new sticky. All updates and pertinent files from other contributors will be placed in that sticky. That thread will remain the current sticky until replaced with another day's new update(s).

It's up to you programmers to try and incorporate each others work into a single release or thread, or at least not leave out or change someone's contribution unless it causes a problem.
'Twas in the bogs of Cannelbrae
My mate did meet an early grave
'Twas nothing left for us to save
In the peat-filled bogs of Cannelbrae.
Bog Wraith
Global Mod 1 (Ret)

Postby xXxBretWeedxXx » 09 Mar 2009, 21:06

I installed this update but now I'm getting an error saying that I'm missing ManalinkEh.dll. What's this about?
xXxBretWeedxXx

Postby HarryPitfall » 09 Mar 2009, 21:22

so, jatill miss the new dll... now the game uses 2 dlls... manalinkex.dll for normal coders, and a manalinkeh.dll for experimental coding (mine)

Jatill... i need help! I'm using the procedure 4e7846, pushing text.res entry name, cardid and playerid to show a menu on screen, is perfect for mulldrifter (i the player have 2 mana to pay, open the windows, to select pay or sacrifice), but, I need to enabled/disable itens now (is a 5 entry menu), based on mana avaiable...

@OBELISKOFALARA
Gain 5 Life
Draw a Card and Discard a Card
Target Creature Gets -2/-2
Deals 3 Damage to Target Player
Target Creature Gets +4/+4

I believe that this card will need some AI programming... or not?

Also, I discover something nice... if you put entries on text.res out of alphabetical order... the game don't start anymore...
HarryPitfall
AI Programmer

Next

Return to Patches