It is currently 19 Apr 2024, 11:01

Text Size

Manalink Update 10/Mar/2009

The latest Manalink updates are posted here.
PLEASE DO NOT BUMP OLD UPDATES!

Moderators: BAgate, drool66, Aswan jaguar, gmzombie, stassy, CCGHQ Admins

Manalink Update 10/Mar/2009

Postby HarryPitfall » 10 Mar 2009, 13:54

'cause I love complex cards!

* Fixed Execute.
* Fixed Tolsimir WolfBlood
* Added Mulldrifter -> You play for 2U, and asked for more 2 or sacrifice, the cost of card still 4U... you draw 2 cards anyway
* Added Obelisk of Alara
* Added code pointers for remaining shocklands/signets and bouncelands, someone must add it to manalink.csv and magic.exe
* Added code pointers for the 5 new 'gain 1 life if a XXXX spell is played', angels feather, demons worn... etc... need manalink.csv and magic.exe too.
* Editor updated, now loads manalinkeh.dll too, but only for read (this dll can be only compiled).
* Editor dissassembler have a new right click menu option, jump offset... if you have a jmp/call select, it's jump to destiny address.
* mulldrifter+obelisk have it's art inside!

See manalinkeh.asm on the rar file for the codepointers to use.

Get here while is hot: http://rapidshare.com/files/207543522/M ... 090310.rar
HarryPitfall
AI Programmer

Re: Manalink Update 10/Mar/2009

Postby jatill » 10 Mar 2009, 14:21

Sweet. In case this was unclear to other people, the signets, karoos, etc are CODED. Someone just has to go in and add the manalink/magic data using SkyEditor (no code necessary). Any volunteers?

Harry-
Obelisk is fun :) Were you planning on going back and making it 100% later, or leave it as-is?
jatill
DEVELOPER

Postby HarryPitfall » 10 Mar 2009, 14:42

Obelisk is ready to use, I didn't find bugs that make unplayable. The only thing that I found (is a engine bug), is any option that requires a target disable the 'automana', (double click to use mana automatic). Also, if you don't have the kind of mana, or don't have valid targets, you can also can't play the option (no cheat, sorry).

I believe that AI needs some help to use the card... too many options....

Great news, I teach the AI to use Obelisk of Alara... I discover one parameter on the procedure that show the window on screen, that is the 'ai default choice'...

So, the AI is very simple...

I have red mana? 3 damage to opp... otherwise...
I have white mana? 5 life for me... otherwise...
I have blue mana? draw and discard... otherwise...
Can I target a creature and have black mana? -2/-2 (it's like to kill or do in combat) otherwise...
Can I target a creature and have green mana? +4/+4 (ok, now, it's suffer the giant growth paranoia... loves to do it to my creatures in combat);

So, i dig a bit more, and some cards really have AI programmed on it... and draggamor notices something on a event at mana batteries... (it's makes AI charge at end of opp turn if it can)
Last edited by HarryPitfall on 10 Mar 2009, 17:01, edited 1 time in total.
HarryPitfall
AI Programmer

Postby jatill » 10 Mar 2009, 16:07

The AI thing was 1 problem, the other is that it shows as active even if I have colored mana available (but at least it doesn't let me use the abilities). Also, it would be nice (but not required) if the non-active choices showed as greyed out, like the fetchlands. All small things, up to you if you want to fix or not, since I wouldn't necessarily call them bugs.
jatill
DEVELOPER

Postby xXxBretWeedxXx » 10 Mar 2009, 18:11

after downloading this update, when I open up a sealed pool I'm missing cards? I tried a two tourney pack, 4 booster 8th edition sealed and only had 7 cards to build my deck with. Any idea what I can do to fix this?
xXxBretWeedxXx

Postby HarryPitfall » 10 Mar 2009, 18:43

I also notice this, sometimes, the game gets crazy about the cards... I really don't know exactly what causes this behavior... is very random at all...

Oh, just to know, this is a small update of manalinkeh.dll (also, this is the file for people that missing it).
This update add small AI for obelisk of alara...

http://rapidshare.com/files/207641704/ManalinkEh.rar
HarryPitfall
AI Programmer

Postby 0rion79 » 10 Mar 2009, 20:08

Hello. Using Harry's file (yeah, the one that he has just updated, plus Jatill's last relase), I'm proposing you another fil that cointains a bunch of other cards and a LOT OF FIXES in the CSV file....
Link: http://www.savefile.com/files/2034691

FIXES
Repentant Blacksmith, Argivian Archeologist and Blacksmiths were or Human or Artificier and not both, as they should be.
Spectral Lynx: was Cat, now cat spirit
Camel: had a wrong ID, resulting as a cyclop
Kobold Overlord and Taskmaster where resulting Kobold & Mongoose, while they are just "kobold"
Tidal kraken - was a Myr, instea it should be a Kraken
Sorceres Queen was tagged as creautre - Sorceress and has the slith ID, instead it should be "Human Wizard".
Western paladin was human knight and instead is a zombie knight
Kaysa: turned into Elf Legend because there are more cards that can affects elves and less that affect druid.
Narwhal and killing whale are whales and not fish (even in magic :) and not only for biology! )
Storm Shaman officially is Human Cleric Shaman and has been turned to Cleric to Shaman because there are more red shamans in the game than red clerics.
The following Artifacts where missing their creature type:
Juggernaut
Battering Ram
Clay Statue
Clockwork Avian
Colossus of Sardia
Dragon Engine
All artifact creatures have the generic creature type (211) replaced with 44 for filters in the Deck Editor (44 marks artifacts as creatures, so that they are hidden if the right options in the deck editor are de-activated - right click on the Artifacts button).
Willow priestess: has been deactivated since it is not completed yet
Chromium: fixed wrong "re-printing" in revised edition, and now in Chronicless as it should be.

I have also activated Order of Leitbur/Ebon hand because the only ones that were active are the Ice Age clones (or was it the opposite? Whatever: now they both work)

Also, I have included Mathusalem's Uktabi Orangutan and a working Solkanar with 0 activation cost (still from him), plus a very small bunch of other cards, including a missing Viashino Cutthroat, that was disappeared!
C u! :)
0rion79

Postby Th3 H4xX » 10 Mar 2009, 21:02

i noticed a problem in sealed mode :
i downloaded all the new cards and when i play a sealed tournament, i get more cards than i should..
i.e. i should get 90 cards but instead i get more than 120..
how can this be fixed ?

@ orion : i think your update contains some trojans. my antivirus program found'em ^^
Th3 H4xX

Postby HarryPitfall » 10 Mar 2009, 21:14

People never read the update information... I said on my previous release that I tweaked the booster contents for unlimited/4/5 and 8 edition... I like to have more cards on sealed pool...
So, isn't a bug, is a feature... :)

Also, tks orion, about the card types problem...
HarryPitfall
AI Programmer

Postby mathusalem » 10 Mar 2009, 21:35

Orion, you managed to make Sol kanar !!?, my version was always crashing the game, how did you do ? whoaw that's totally sweet !
plus, Jatill is going to be happy, he will be able to replace Sol kanar's old ID with a new card, :lol: it used to be located in 791

OK regarding the arts, I have to find another way to host them, because my provider mailed me because, I used most of the broadband allocation for my site, which given the size of the complete image archive is quite easy to do, so I'll do the images but I will have to upload them on rapidshare, and I hope you will be able to get them.
Did I say thank you Orion ?

thanks thanks thanks ! :D
mathusalem

Postby FranAvalon » 10 Mar 2009, 21:45

Very good job, guys.

@harry: IMHO, I think that change the number of cards that you can get from boosters and starters is not good. If you wants more cards put two starters and 4 packs, that will give you over 100 cards with a lot of basic lands. Maybe, a good option is change the starter content to actual size, but no the boosters. Anyway, thx for your amazing work.

EDIt: My antivirus didn't found any viruses....
Last edited by FranAvalon on 10 Mar 2009, 21:52, edited 2 times in total.
FranAvalon
Programmer

Postby LoneFox » 10 Mar 2009, 21:45

jatill wrote:Sweet. In case this was unclear to other people, the signets, karoos, etc are CODED. Someone just has to go in and add the manalink/magic data using SkyEditor (no code necessary). Any volunteers?
Here is one. I have some cards of my own ready for release as well. But what should I do with 0rion79's release? If it really contains malware, I'm not going to install it...
LoneFox
Programmer

Postby mathusalem » 10 Mar 2009, 21:51

my Antivirus didn't find any trojan
mathusalem

Postby jatill » 10 Mar 2009, 22:02

mathusalem wrote:my Antivirus didn't find any trojan
I think 2 negatives on the virus is enough to say go for it. And thanks!

Re: pack sizes-
I'd prefer if you set the pack sizes back to normal, too, since that's the "official" rules of the game. I'd be willing to consider changing the weird-sized sets to 15 though (like the Dark, etc)
jatill
DEVELOPER

Postby mathusalem » 10 Mar 2009, 22:19

Here is th temporary link for the latest images

http://rapidshare.com/files/207715782/C ... w.rar.html
mathusalem

Next

Return to Patches