It is currently 25 Apr 2024, 11:00

Text Size

Manalink update 2009-03-17, codename "I'm seeing red"

The latest Manalink updates are posted here.
PLEASE DO NOT BUMP OLD UPDATES!

Moderators: BAgate, drool66, Aswan jaguar, gmzombie, stassy, CCGHQ Admins

Re: Manalink update 2009-03-17, codename "I'm seeing red"

Postby HarryPitfall » 18 Mar 2009, 14:34

I just remove the -nostdlib from makefile, and use mingw32-make instead make... the compiling gets some warning, but the dll works without crash (obelisk of alara works normally...)
HarryPitfall
AI Programmer

Postby jatill » 18 Mar 2009, 15:01

HarryPitfall wrote:I just remove the -nostdlib from makefile, and use mingw32-make instead make... the compiling gets some warning, but the dll works without crash (obelisk of alara works normally...)
What is this post addressing?
jatill
DEVELOPER

Postby jatill » 18 Mar 2009, 15:02

Snacko-
Your changes kill Merrow Reejery. Do you know why?
jatill
DEVELOPER

Postby Snacko » 18 Mar 2009, 15:42

You shouldn't remove -nostdlib as this will mean that we're calling our own printf, memcopy etc and it's a best practise for the same application to use the same runtime.
Your changes kill Merrow Reejery
Will test it as the C function I rewrote might have it's quirks I didn't include.
Snacko
DEVELOPER

Postby Snacko » 18 Mar 2009, 17:14

I'll post the updated file in a new topic, will include Mathy csv changes so we get one package.
Snacko
DEVELOPER

Postby Shulillo » 19 Mar 2009, 12:51

Hi guys!, can you create troll ascetic card??, i need it for complete my deck please!! thanks!
Shulillo

Postby mathusalem » 19 Mar 2009, 13:11

Of course, it will be right up along with a burger and fries and a large Diet Pepsy.
well first post you don't seem to waste time. But maybe you should have.
as you can see Auitmn willow is present in the game, but it can't loose shroud "just for the controller" for the moment. Si I guess you can deduct the answer concerning ascetic troll for the time being.
Also this remarquable forum has a graet feature called th "top ten wishlists" thread. So if you want to convey your wishes without seeming like you barge in to demand stuff, why not take the time to make your list on that topic.
mathusalem

Postby Dominixux » 19 Mar 2009, 18:59

One more lost soul as I (me). Hahahah!
Feel the Rage of "Top ten wishlist". I'm just kidding. :)

Nice update, but "I'm seeing red" needs Seal of Fire and Furnace of Rath. Maybe Kindle or Flame Burst (this is hard as Accumulated Knowledge)? And Pardic Firecat? :)
(This is not wishlist, this is only suggestion. All cards are red, except one :) )
Dominixux

Postby mathusalem » 19 Mar 2009, 19:14

Ok, it's not that I want to be bossy, or do some backseat moderation.
It's just that you know, when a new member comes in and his first post is only to pass on order of his favorite cards like this forum was a restaurant, I feel that it's quite disrespectfull for the guys who try hard to code the cards and implement all the possible abilities this antique game is able to swallow. It's hard work, I know, i tried, I failed.
I 've been following this project since 2004, at that time the boss was Mok, and as i said in the previous forum, he had made it clear from the beginning, that is from even before you signed in on the forum to test the game (because that's what we were at first, testers), that he was the one who did the work, therefore he was the one who decided. So actually, you have to feel very lucky that there is a "top ten wishlist" thread and that that thread is read and those wishes are granted with generosity, by the guys who have taken it into their time to pick up the pieces and make this project live on.
That's all.
mathusalem

Postby jatill » 19 Mar 2009, 19:17

And here's where I get to sound like a nazi...
That particular poster got me so annoyed on the old forum that I intentionally didn't make Rancor until we lost him :)
jatill
DEVELOPER

Postby Dominixux » 19 Mar 2009, 19:32

I'm honestly apologize for my sins.

Thank God I'm not Rancor guy, but I'm Reminisce guy. Hahahah!
Dominixux

Postby aww1979 » 19 Mar 2009, 19:37

jatill wrote:And here's where I get to sound like a nazi...
That particular poster got me so annoyed on the old forum that I intentionally didn't make Rancor until we lost him :)
I'd just like to say...

PWNED!

Did I mention I like nonbasic lands? That's probably the one people get annoyed with me about. That, and finding obscure bugs when I make stupid 499 card fundecks and find weird interactions. Actually, it's those 499 card decks that I like nonbasic land the most for. I'm almost able to get enough land by using 4x all alpha dual lands, 4x all triplelands, 4x all tappedlands, 4x 'pay 2 life' lands, 4x all fetchlands, plus assorted artifact mana like moxes, or miscellaneous stuff, like legendary lands, to get the proper amount of mana without using basic land :) DOWN WITH BASIC LANDS!

Oh yeah, and good job on everything so far. That's aimed at everyone who has contributed to the project.
aww1979
Tester

Postby Bog Wraith » 19 Mar 2009, 22:21

mathusalem wrote:Ok, it's not that I want to be bossy, or do some backseat moderation.
It's just that you know, when a new member comes in and his first post is only to pass on order of his favorite cards like this forum was a restaurant, I feel that it's quite disrespectfull for the guys who try hard to code the cards and implement all the possible abilities this antique game is able to swallow. It's hard work, I know, i tried, I failed.
I 've been following this project since 2004, at that time the boss was Mok, and as i said in the previous forum, he had made it clear from the beginning, that is from even before you signed in on the forum to test the game (because that's what we were at first, testers), that he was the one who did the work, therefore he was the one who decided. So actually, you have to feel very lucky that there is a "top ten wishlist" thread and that that thread is read and those wishes are granted with generosity, by the guys who have taken it into their time to pick up the pieces and make this project live on.
That's all.
Very well said Mathy!

I was one of those original members and what Mathy said in his post is right on the money.

Please, to the new members here, read some of the sticky's, threads and announcements before you post here. Were trying to keep things in their place so it's easy for everyone, and especially for you, the new members, to find the relevant topics. We need you guys to follow suit to make this work for everyone.

So, do some reading before you post and most of all, enjoy yourselves here and have fun! :)
'Twas in the bogs of Cannelbrae
My mate did meet an early grave
'Twas nothing left for us to save
In the peat-filled bogs of Cannelbrae.
Bog Wraith
Global Mod 1 (Ret)

Previous

Return to Patches