It is currently 26 Apr 2024, 08:22

Text Size

[confirmed]Urza's Factory tokens have land card type

Report wrong Card behavior to get it fixed.
PLEASE ADD SAVEGAMES TO YOUR TOPIC !

Moderators: BAgate, drool66, Aswan jaguar, gmzombie, stassy, CCGHQ Admins

[confirmed]Urza's Factory tokens have land card type

Postby Nexhro » 19 May 2014, 16:13

Describe the Bug:
Since the thread where this very issue is mentioned is [fixed/closed], I just wanted to bring the matter of Assembly Worker creature tokens put onto the battlefield via Urza's Factory having the land card type to the devs' attention.
I guess the hack that has been used is required in order to enable Mishra's Factory-based pumping of those tokens, but this way they're also unaffected by, for example, Ratchet Bomb's ability and can neither be targeted by spells like Abrupt Decay and Maelstrom Pulse, nor by Vraska the Unseen's second ability.

I haven't tested it, but it's very likely that the tokens can also be destroyed by Stone Rain or Armageddon.

Which card did behave improperly ?
Assembly Worker creature tokens

Which update are you using?(date,name)Which type(Duel,Gauntlet,Sealed Deck)
JOU v1, duel

What exactly should be the correct behavior/interaction ?
[Assembly Worker creature tokens put onto the bttlefield using Urza's Factory's activated ability don't have the land card type.

Are any other cards possibly affected by this bug ?
-
Attachments
UrzFouAsWo1.zip
(2.67 KiB) Downloaded 149 times
Last edited by Aswan jaguar on 20 May 2014, 13:59, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: confirmed bug - by Sonic
Nexhro

Re: Urza's Factory tokens have land card type

Postby Sonic » 20 May 2014, 01:20

Actually, it's a problem of hindsight more than a coding hack.

Both Mok and I had suggested including an entry for the Time Spiral castable non-land Assembly-Worker when we were constructing the beta manalink3.csv file - which could have doubled as a token for Urza's Factory.

The problem initially was two entries with the same card name can't coexist in the manalink file. Although we discussed at the time simply removing the hyphen in the name in one of the entries, in the end nothing became of it and we just ended up just using the existing Mishra's Factory Assembly-Worker token for Urza's Factory.

I don't see any problems with adding an entry for it now, though. Since the 'new types' are now fully up and working - something we didn't foresee happening at the time.
Working On: Life, the Universe, and Everything.
Sonic
Apprentice

Re: [confirmed]Urza's Factory tokens have land card type

Postby Gargaroz » 20 May 2014, 15:28

Yup, let's add that entry for the new updated, Sonic ;)
----
- Current / medium term task: adjusting the code for making Misdirection and such usable
- Long term task: inserting all the good stuff I left out from the "Golden Years" mod
Gargaroz
Programmer

Re: [confirmed]Urza's Factory tokens have land card type

Postby Korath » 20 May 2014, 18:10

Likely to interact poorly with Maelstrom Pulse, Echoing Decay, Leyline of Singularity, etc. that look for things with the same name (not just the same type), since they all look for cards with the same csvids (which correspond to a shared manalink.csv entry). I suspect that what needs to be done here is to have two cards with the same csvids but different internal_card_ids, like with the various #902 and #903 effect cards.

Referring to the two different versions will be annoying - we'd probably have to use something like CARD_ID_ASSEMBLY_WORKER for the version with cmc 3 and CARD_ID_ASSEMBLY_WORKER+1 for the token version - and, as you mention, ct2exe will choke on the duplicate entry. Maybe overwrite cards_data[].id and .name for one version to point at the other during startup.
Korath
DEVELOPER

Return to Bug Reports