It is currently 19 Apr 2024, 09:58

Text Size

[still bugged]Bug using Chord of Calling

Report wrong Card behavior to get it fixed.
PLEASE ADD SAVEGAMES TO YOUR TOPIC !

Moderators: BAgate, drool66, Aswan jaguar, gmzombie, stassy, CCGHQ Admins

[still bugged]Bug using Chord of Calling

Postby Grinerdam » 17 Jul 2016, 15:58

God morning,

I have facing trouble with Chord of Calling. The card seens not to work properly. Rather randomly working. Sometimes it works and sometimes don't.
If I cast it using just convoke, or just normal mana or even with both, my library is opened and when I choose a creature with the CMC equal or less the X the creature just don't comes into play and the spell is wasted most of the times. And when it works I don't know why.

See the pictures below demonstrating this step by step.
Attachments
chord_problem07.JPG
spell cast without doing nothing
chord_problem06.JPG
searching library
chord_problem04.JPG
using convoke
chord_problem03.JPG
adding one previous green mana
chord_problem02.JPG
before casting
chord_problem01.JPG
Initial hand
Last edited by Aswan jaguar on 07 May 2018, 11:16, edited 5 times in total.
Reason: still bugged
Grinerdam

Re: Bug using Chord of Calling

Postby BAgate » 18 Jul 2016, 09:16

Convoke was broken, but has been fixed in dev. I don't know if this specific issue was fixed though...
Working on: housekeeping and archived reports
BAgate
Tester

Postby Korath » 18 Jul 2016, 15:02

If you can find a consistent repro I can test dev. The "Select a creature card with CMC [whatever] or less" prompt should be a reliable indicator of whether the {X} determination at casting is accurate, without having to experiment with tutoring different creatures.
Korath
DEVELOPER

Postby Aswan jaguar » 19 Jul 2016, 14:32

1- You use convoke tap 3 green creatures and then pay 4 mana for X value (value is shown as 0 in open library prompt) and you select Masked Admirers they don't come into play.
2- You use convoke tap 2 green creatures and then pay G and 4 mana for X value (value is shown as 0 in open library prompt) and you select Masked Admirers they don't come into play.
3- You play the spell normally GGG and 4 mana for X value (value is shown as 0 in open library prompt) and you select Masked Admirers they don't come into play.

The only time I made it work was when I paid GGG with convoke tapping 3 green creatures then used convoke and tapped 4 colourless creatures when the last was tapped (the prompt that counts mana opened but for X showed 0) but then I cancelledhit done and library prompt opened with the correct amount for X=4 and when I selected Masked Admirers they came into play.
Last edited by Aswan jaguar on 19 Jul 2016, 14:58, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: strikethrough wrong add correct
---
Trying to squash some bugs and playtesting.
Aswan jaguar
Super Tester Elite

Re: [confirmed]Bug using Chord of Calling

Postby Korath » 19 Jul 2016, 14:53

Current status:
  1. Debug three green creatures onto the bf (I used Aboroth)
  2. Debug or play four non- {G} -producing lands onto the bf (I used a mix of Plains and Island)
  3. Debug Cunning Wish into hand; cast it for Chord of Calling
  4. Cast Chord of Calling, tap all three creatures to pay for {G} {G} {G}, tap all four lands for {X}.
Prompt says "Select a creature card with CMC 1 or less" (and I didn't check that that's what it actually tutors for, but the code looks like it matches). Expected: "...CMC 4 or less".

If there's at least one creature tapped to pay for the {X} part, it works properly.

Fixed this case in d152ccc.

Convoke uses an entirely different codepath when player1 (the AI in single-player, the remote player in multiplayer) is paying the cost. I haven't investigated how well that works in single-player at all. It breaks multiplayer, of course.
Korath
DEVELOPER

Re: [still bugged]Bug using Chord of Calling

Postby BAgate » 09 Aug 2016, 03:11

In single player it works fine for human player, but for AI it works fine when cast normally, but if convoke is used it summons a card with CMC of 1 or less.
Working on: housekeeping and archived reports
BAgate
Tester

Postby Gargaroz » 14 Sep 2016, 16:20

Already fixed in dev.
----
- Current / medium term task: adjusting the code for making Misdirection and such usable
- Long term task: inserting all the good stuff I left out from the "Golden Years" mod
Gargaroz
Programmer

Postby Aswan jaguar » 07 May 2018, 11:16

Manalink dev 778ccb5 version:
Everything seems fine when convoke is used.
If you select to pay the cost manually and don't have green untapped creatures in play everything is fine.
However if you select to pay the cost manually and you have green untapped creatures then you are prompt to pay {X} {G} {G} {G} if you pay GGG and 4 for X you will have to fetch a 1 cmc card (the {X} cost in this prompt is not counted correctly - it is coded to check correctly only the green mana cost).
If in this first prompt you pay manually only the green cost and hit done then you are prompt again if you want to pay manually or convoke if you select manually (or convoke) and then pay the {X} cost it works fine.
Attachments
chord manually 6 green mana - 1 cmc crit-3 no.rar
(2.66 KiB) Downloaded 109 times
---
Trying to squash some bugs and playtesting.
Aswan jaguar
Super Tester Elite

Return to Bug Reports