It is currently 19 Apr 2024, 17:14

Text Size

[confirmed]AI-Vines of Vastwood doesn't use it on own crit

Report wrong Card behavior to get it fixed.
PLEASE ADD SAVEGAMES TO YOUR TOPIC !

Moderators: BAgate, drool66, Aswan jaguar, gmzombie, stassy, CCGHQ Admins

[confirmed]AI-Vines of Vastwood doesn't use it on own crit

Postby Aswan jaguar » 18 May 2017, 18:29

Describe the Bug:
AI has some problems with Vines of Vastwood.I didn't see AI not even once to target a creature owned by AI.It is even stranger because AI takes into consideration Vines of Vastwood when thinking to attack and probably when thinking how to block, too.But then never casts it to boost it's creature to kill opponent's creature or even to win the game or to save a creature from opponent's spell.It seems that AI is forced to target human's creature as I have only see AI cast it on my creatures that are even blocking AI's creatures.Although AI can use it to prevent me to boost/enchant my creature AI always kicks it so my creature gets the +4/+4.
NOTE: the above behaviour seems to happen when AI is attacking or blocking and AI's creature has also less p/t from humans and will loose it then AI casts Vines of Vastwood on opponent's creature and always kicked.I don't know if it is accidental but I have seen AI to use in vain green mana so AI doesn't have enough mana then to cast Vines of Vastwood.
fixed
2017-05-18_132104ai vines.jpg

Which card did behave improperly?
Vines of Vastwood

Which update are you using? (date, name)Which type? (duel, gauntlet, sealed deck)
Manalink 2016/08/27: Eldritch Moon v2, duel

What exactly should be the correct behavior/interaction?
AI Vines of Vastwood: AI can use it on own creatures and is not forced to use it only on opponent's creatures.
Are any other cards possibly affected by this bug?
-
Attachments
ai problem vines of vastwood.rar
block one of the 2/2 creatures.
(2.55 KiB) Downloaded 173 times
Last edited by Aswan jaguar on 06 Mar 2019, 16:16, edited 3 times in total.
Reason: bug confirmed by stassy-me strikethrough fixed
---
Trying to squash some bugs and playtesting.
Aswan jaguar
Super Tester Elite

Re: AI-Vines of Vastwood doesn't use it on own crit

Postby stassy » 30 May 2017, 18:28

Also there seems to be something coded in Vines of Vastwood that force AI to attack with anything available(even Birds of Paradise) with it in its hand but somehow it can't cast/kick it even if it has the mana available.
stassy

Re: AI-Vines of Vastwood doesn't use it on own crit

Postby Korath » 30 May 2017, 18:56

This has been rewritten in dev since EMNv2 (along with just about everything else). The new version looks ok, though I haven't tested it; the EMNv2 version, as surmised above, does make the AI prefer to target the human's creatures.

Both improperly give the targeted creature shroud; hexproof would be closer, but still incorrect (since the effect shouldn't change who can or can't target it if the creature changes control afterwards).
Korath
DEVELOPER

Re: [confirmed]AI-Vines of Vastwood doesn't use it on own cr

Postby Aswan jaguar » 06 Mar 2019, 16:14

Changed to hexproof and removed td.preferred_controller in 91fb2d8.
Of course no special hexproof by me
Korath wrote:hexproof would be closer, but still incorrect (since the effect shouldn't change who can or can't target it if the creature changes control afterwards).
How much the "td.preferred_controller = " allows AI to target the non preferred controller because in Vines of Vastwood and another card I tested it worked like "td.allowed_controller" without being illegal but never targeting the creature of non preferred controller even to counter an Elrazi Conscription. Definitely this card in my tests is better off "td.preferred_controller = ".
---
Aswan jaguar
Super Tester Elite

Postby Korath » 18 Jul 2019, 22:37

Aswan jaguar wrote:
Korath wrote:hexproof would be closer, but still incorrect (since the effect shouldn't change who can or can't target it if the creature changes control afterwards).
How much the "td.preferred_controller = " allows AI to target the non preferred controller because in Vines of Vastwood and another card I tested it worked like "td.allowed_controller" without being illegal but never targeting the creature of non preferred controller even to counter an Elrazi Conscription. Definitely this card in my tests is better off "td.preferred_controller = ".
You misunderstand me. This isn't about whose creature the AI prefers to target with Vines of Vastwood; it's about who can target that creature with spells and effects afterwards.

If you cast Vines of Vastwood on the AI's Hypnotic Specter, you should be able to then Lightning Bolt it and the AI shouldn't be able to Giant Growth it, because you control the Vines effect. When the Specter just gets hexproof, the reverse happens: the Specter's controller can target it and its controller's opponent cannot, no matter who cast Vines.

Also, this now grants defender instead of either shroud or hexproof.
Korath
DEVELOPER

Postby Aswan jaguar » 19 Jul 2019, 13:02

Fixed the defender issue but returned Vines of Vastwood (till a proper "special hexproof" is coded) to shroud as it has bigger impact in play than hexproof has. Allowed AI to target both player's creatures in commit 29cfc5ff.
---
Aswan jaguar
Super Tester Elite

Return to Bug Reports