It is currently 19 Apr 2024, 11:10

Text Size

[confirmed]Assault Suit vs. sac-all effects

Report wrong Card behavior to get it fixed.
PLEASE ADD SAVEGAMES TO YOUR TOPIC !

Moderators: BAgate, drool66, Aswan jaguar, gmzombie, stassy, CCGHQ Admins

[confirmed]Assault Suit vs. sac-all effects

Postby Korath » 25 May 2017, 15:44

Describe the bug:
All Is Dust and Tomb of Urami each successfully make you sacrifice land creatures equipped by Assault Suit. (A colored land creature, of course, for All Is Dust; I tested with Faerie Conclave.)

Which card behaved improperly?
All Is Dust and Tomb of Urami, but it should really, really be handled solely by the engine-level sacrifice functions, not partially in some of those and partially in thirty-something individual cards.

Which update are you using? (date, name)Which type? (duel, gauntlet, sealed deck)
Dev 950d8c4.

What exactly should be the correct behavior/interaction?
101.2. When a rule or effect allows or directs something to happen, and another effect states that it can't happen, the "can't" effect takes precedence.

So All Is Dust should leave the equipped colored land creature on the bf. (Even if the Assault Suit itself is colored, such as by an Alpha lace or Painter's Servant; then the Assault Suit should be sacrificed but the creature shouldn't, no matter who controls which or what their timestamps are.)

"Sacrifice all lands you control" is a cost, and an animated land equipped by Assault Suit makes that cost unpayable, so you shouldn't be able to activate Tomb of Urami's token-creation ability at all.

Are any other cards possibly affected by this bug?
I don't trust this equipment to work properly with any card with the word "sacrifice" on it. A little less unhelpfully, my implementation notes in Shandalar for this card say to take extra care with Phyrexian Soulgorger and the EMN emerge mechanic, FWIW.

(Does Tomb of Urami work properly with animated lands and Angel of Jubilation? That should prevent the ability from being activated at all, too.)
Last edited by Aswan jaguar on 25 May 2017, 17:29, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: confirmed
Korath
DEVELOPER

Re: Assault Suit vs. sac-all effects

Postby Aswan jaguar » 25 May 2017, 17:27

I confirm the bug for both All Is Dust and Tomb of Urami and Assault Suit.

Korath wrote:(Does Tomb of Urami work properly with animated lands and Angel of Jubilation? That should prevent the ability from being activated at all, too.)
Yes, Angel of Jubilation didn't let Tomb of Urami to activate.

Some other cards that I tested with Assault Suit but sac that card and are bugged are: Hungry Mist = upkeep cost, Ichorid, Ancient Spring and Hickory Woodlot.

Assault Suit worked fine with Demonic Taskmaster, Horror of Horrors and Strip Mine.
Last edited by Aswan jaguar on 25 May 2017, 18:53, edited 3 times in total.
Reason: edited-added Ancient Spring, Strip Mine and Hickory Woodlot tests
---
Trying to squash some bugs and playtesting.
Aswan jaguar
Super Tester Elite

Re: [confirmed]Assault Suit vs. sac-all effects

Postby Korath » 25 May 2017, 18:01

Hrm, in dev I can activate Tomb of Urami while I control an animated Faerie Conclave and the AI has an Angel of Jubilation, so that's broken since the last release. (Though the EMNv2 version looks like you can't activate it if you control no lands at all. Not that I can think of a way offhand to get the Tomb of Urami itself to stop being a land.)
Korath
DEVELOPER

Postby Aswan jaguar » 25 May 2017, 18:35

Korath wrote:Hrm, in dev I can activate Tomb of Urami while I control an animated Faerie Conclave and the AI has an Angel of Jubilation, so that's broken since the last release.
I retested after your comment above and it happens exactly the same in public version with your scenario.In my test Angel of Jubilation stops Tomb of Urami if I have also made all lands creatures with Natural Affinity.
---
Trying to squash some bugs and playtesting.
Aswan jaguar
Super Tester Elite

Postby Korath » 25 May 2017, 19:31

That's probably why - both the EMNv2 and dev versions seem to be checking (in different ways) if you can sacrifice at least one land, rather than if you have any lands that you can't sacrifice.
Korath
DEVELOPER

Return to Bug Reports