It is currently 19 Apr 2024, 07:47

Text Size

[confirmed]Graf Rats skips combat trigger

Report wrong Card behavior to get it fixed.
PLEASE ADD SAVEGAMES TO YOUR TOPIC !

Moderators: BAgate, drool66, Aswan jaguar, gmzombie, stassy, CCGHQ Admins

[confirmed]Graf Rats skips combat trigger

Postby Korath » 28 Jul 2017, 04:21

Describe the bug:
If I cast Graf Rats and Midnight Scavengers during my precombat main phase, have no other creatures that can attack or anything that gives them haste, and click the shiny brown "Done" button instead of the combat phase icon, it doesn't trigger.

Which card behaved improperly?
Graf Rats: {1} {B} | Creature - Rat | 2/1 | At the beginning of combat on your turn, if you both own and control Graf Rats and a creature named Midnight Scavengers, exile them, then meld them into Chittering Host.
Midnight Scavengers: {4} {B} | Creature - Human Rogue | 3/3 | When Midnight Scavengers enters the battlefield, you may return target creature card with converted mana cost 3 or less from your graveyard to your hand.
Chittering Host: - | Creature - Eldrazi Horror | 5/6 | Haste / Menace (This creature can't be blocked except by two or more creatures.) / When Chittering Host enters the battlefield, other creatures you control get +1/+0 and gain menace until end of turn.

Which update are you using? (date, name)Which type? (duel, gauntlet, sealed deck)
Dev 4721c01.

What exactly should be the correct behavior/interaction?
There's always a combat phase, unless something explicitly causes it to be skipped. (The declare blockers and combat damage steps are skipped if no creatures attack, per rule 506.1.)

Are any other cards possibly affected by this bug?
Just about everything else with a start-of-combat or end-of-combat trigger, I'd imagine. I seem to recall it being a problem with Xenagos, God of Revels.
Last edited by Aswan jaguar on 26 Sep 2017, 16:55, edited 2 times in total.
Reason: confirmed
Korath
DEVELOPER

Re: [dev]Graf Rats skips combat trigger

Postby Aswan jaguar » 28 Jul 2017, 10:17

---
Trying to squash some bugs and playtesting.
Aswan jaguar
Super Tester Elite

Return to Bug Reports