It is currently 18 Apr 2024, 05:04

Text Size

[confirmed]Meld pairs stay in exile, melded in graveyard

Report wrong Card behavior to get it fixed.
PLEASE ADD SAVEGAMES TO YOUR TOPIC !

Moderators: BAgate, drool66, Aswan jaguar, gmzombie, stassy, CCGHQ Admins

[confirmed]Meld pairs stay in exile, melded in graveyard

Postby Korath » 28 Jul 2017, 04:38

Describe the bug:
When I meld Graf Rats // Chittering Host and Midnight Scavengers // Chittering Host, copies of the Rats and Scavengers stay in exile despite the big ugly Chittering Host on my battlefield. When I Terror the Chittering Host, there's a Chittering Host in my graveyard.

Which card behaved improperly?

Graf Rats: {1} {B} | Creature - Rat | 2/1 | At the beginning of combat on your turn, if you both own and control Graf Rats and a creature named Midnight Scavengers, exile them, then meld them into Chittering Host.
Midnight Scavengers: {4} {B} | Creature - Human Rogue | 3/3 | When Midnight Scavengers enters the battlefield, you may return target creature card with converted mana cost 3 or less from your graveyard to your hand.
Chittering Host: - | Creature - Eldrazi Horror | 5/6 | Haste / Menace (This creature can't be blocked except by two or more creatures.) / When Chittering Host enters the battlefield, other creatures you control get +1/+0 and gain menace until end of turn.

Which update are you using? (date, name)Which type? (duel, gauntlet, sealed deck)
Dev 4721c01.

What exactly should be the correct behavior/interaction?
The two cards should come out of exile when they meld, and the meld card should split back into its parts when it goes into a graveyard.

Are any other cards possibly affected by this bug?
Brisela, Voice of Nightmares and her parts, though I can't check her because she freezes the game.
Hanweir, the Writhing Township and its parts, though I didn't check it because I'm lazy.

Also because I'm lazy, I didn't check its interaction with going to a player's hand (Unsummon), exile (Swords to Plowshares), another zone and back again as part of the same effect (Otherworldly Journey), or the command zone. Short version: it splits whenever it leaves the bf, and if something does something to a card while moving it off the bf, it does it to both parts. Long version: rule 712 (and 909.3a for the command zone, if you needed more proof that whoever writes the comp rules hates programmers).
Last edited by Aswan jaguar on 23 Dec 2019, 19:09, edited 4 times in total.
Reason: confirmed - edited for autocard name
Korath
DEVELOPER

Return to Bug Reports