It is currently 24 Apr 2024, 23:53

Text Size

[confirmed]The Gitrog Monster: no "one or more"

Report wrong Card behavior to get it fixed.
PLEASE ADD SAVEGAMES TO YOUR TOPIC !

Moderators: BAgate, drool66, Aswan jaguar, gmzombie, stassy, CCGHQ Admins

[confirmed]The Gitrog Monster: no "one or more"

Postby Korath » 01 Aug 2017, 02:00

Describe the bug:
The Gitrog Monster makes me draw for every land card put in my graveyard, not once for every time one or more are put in it.

It mostly doesn't happen when they're being put there from my library (and it won't unless some card incorrectly calls mill() multiple times instead of once, or tries to move cards from a library to a graveyard without calling mill()), but does for multiple-card discards or destruction effects. I don't think any of the counter-multiple-spells cards are in Manalink, so couldn't test movement from the stack; I couldn't think of a testcase for moving from exile or the command zone; and didn't think to try from ante with Jeweled Bird.

It's especially amusing/alarming for something like Wheel of Fortune; the combination makes me draw new cards as each land card is discarded, even if those lands weren't in my hand when the Wheel started resolving.

Which card behaved improperly?
The Gitrog Monster.

Which update are you using? (date, name)Which type? (duel, gauntlet, sealed deck)
Dev 4721c01.

What exactly should be the correct behavior/interaction?
Ruling: 4/8/2016: If multiple land cards are put into your graveyard at once, The Gitrog Monster's last ability triggers only once. This could happen because an effect (such as that of Crawling Sensation's first ability) put them there from your library at once, or because they were destroyed at the same time (such as two land creatures that were dealt lethal combat damage).

Are any other cards possibly affected by this bug?
There's only two other cards templated like "Whenever one or more [...] cards are put into [someone's] graveyard from [not necessarily the battlefield]: Sidisi, Brood Tyrant and Crawling Sensation. Sidisi shouldn't be affected since moving cards from the library works, and I think Crawling Sensation's "for the first time" clause will make it work correctly by accident.
Last edited by Aswan jaguar on 01 Aug 2017, 13:42, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: confirmed bug
Korath
DEVELOPER

Re: The Gitrog Monster: no "one or more"

Postby Aswan jaguar » 01 Aug 2017, 13:41

I confirm all bugs.It has the same bug also from exile and from ante to graveyard.I didn't test from command zone and can't be done from stack.
---
Trying to squash some bugs and playtesting.
Aswan jaguar
Super Tester Elite

Return to Bug Reports