It is currently 19 Apr 2024, 05:31

Text Size

Captain's Maneuver prevents X damage from a source

Report wrong Card behavior to get it fixed.
PLEASE ADD SAVEGAMES TO YOUR TOPIC !

Moderators: BAgate, drool66, Aswan jaguar, gmzombie, stassy, CCGHQ Admins

Captain's Maneuver prevents X damage from a source

Postby Aswan jaguar » 01 Nov 2018, 17:36

Describe the Bug:
1- Captain's Maneuver prevents X damage from a source.
2- It can't be played before damage prevention step.
3- I guess these are known issues to developers: it doesn't respect the rulings, as I don't think you can respond to it. A result of Manalink way? or/and old era rules? or/and not correctly coded?
Which card did behave improperly?
Captain's Maneuver

Which update are you using? (date, name)Which type? (duel, gauntlet, sealed deck)
Manalink dev 778ccb5 version - duel

What exactly should be the correct behavior/interaction?
1- Captain's Maneuver redirects (or prevents it if redirection is not possible) the next X damage that would be dealt to target creature, planeswalker, or player this turn. So it should make a shield of X redirection like Acolyte's Reward does with prevention but Acolyte's Reward does this only for creatures it has to be expanded for Captain's Maneuver to planeswalkers and players.
2- It can be played before damage prevention step.
3- Respect rulings (now rulings are "respected" as there is no chance to respond to Captain's Maneuver):
10/4/2004 If the second target is no longer on the battlefield, or if the second target is no longer a creature, player, or planeswalker when the damage would be redirected, the damage is dealt to the first target as if this spell was not cast.
10/4/2004 If the first target is no longer on the battlefield, then the damage will not be dealt at all, so it can’t be redirected by this ability.

Are any other cards possibly affected by this bug?
1+2- For redirection I don't know but for prevention damage the vast majority of cards that "prevent the next ... damage this turn" do it only from a source and are cast only at prevention damage step. I guess every card that prevents more than 1 life at least should be also cast before damage prevention step.
Attachments
captain's manouver no prevent x but x source.rar
(1.9 KiB) Downloaded 148 times
---
Trying to squash some bugs and playtesting.
Aswan jaguar
Super Tester Elite

Return to Bug Reports