It is currently 21 May 2024, 01:06

Text Size

[confirmed]Vehicles/Meekstone interaction

Report wrong Card behavior to get it fixed.
PLEASE ADD SAVEGAMES TO YOUR TOPIC !

Moderators: BAgate, drool66, Aswan jaguar, gmzombie, stassy, CCGHQ Admins

[confirmed]Vehicles/Meekstone interaction

Postby gnomefry » 26 Jan 2020, 17:55

Describe the Bug:

Unactivated vehicles are affected by Meekstone.

A vehicle such as Smuggler's Copter or Fleetwheel Cruiser which was activated and tapped on a previous turn does not untap on a subsequent turn while Meekstone is in play. Vehicles should untap. It's the 'Crew' ability that, when activated, causes vehicles to have power/toughness and type:creature. Vehicles lose these characteristics at end of turn. Source:

https://mtg.gamepedia.com/Vehicle

I wondered if Meekstone is using coding that assumes anything with a value in the power field must be a creature. I tested by casting a Wrath of God; unactivated vehicles weren't affected. Which makes me think that vehicles properly lose type:creature at end of turn but always have their base power/toughness. Which could be a (completely understandable) consequence of having to retrofit the Vehicle cards into good ole' Manalink.

Which card behaved improperly?

Smuggler's Copter, Ovalchase Dragster. Meekstone.

Which update are you using? (date, name)Which type? (duel, gauntlet, sealed deck)
Manalink test build Jan 12 2020 - duel

What exactly should be the correct behavior/interaction?

Meekstone shouldn't prevent unactivated vehicles from untapping during the untap phase. I suppose a workaround could come from either side of the equation.

Meekstone (and similar effects) could check for both power greater than 3 and type:creature. Since unactivated vehicles seem to retain one characteristic but lose the other.

OR

Unactivated vehicles only get power/toughness while activated. Maybe look under the covers at Jade Statue -- an artifact/temporary creature that isn't bothered by Meekstone.

Are any other cards possibly affected by this bug?

All vehicles. Meekstone-like cards including Juntu Stakes, Crackdown, Marble Titan.
Last edited by Aswan jaguar on 26 Jan 2020, 19:21, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: confirmed
gnomefry
Tester

Return to Bug Reports