It is currently 25 Apr 2024, 19:01

Text Size

[confirmed]Avacyn's Judgment

Report wrong Card behavior to get it fixed.
PLEASE ADD SAVEGAMES TO YOUR TOPIC !

Moderators: BAgate, drool66, Aswan jaguar, gmzombie, stassy, CCGHQ Admins

[confirmed]Avacyn's Judgment

Postby gnomefry » 04 Feb 2020, 19:19

Describe the Bug:

Avacyn's Judgment madness cost, madness damage, and madness targeting is incorrect.

When using its keyword madness ability during discard there are three issues:

1 - Cost. First it prompts for a payment of (1,R). This is its regular non-madness cost. Then it opens a second prompt asking for an X payment, which is appropriate when casting with madness. This issue can be fixed by changing the first payment to (R).

2 - Damage. No matter how much (X) is paid the spell does only its normal non-madness damage of 2 pts.

3 - Targets. No matter how much X is paid, it allows a max of only 2 targets. It should allow any number of targets. This part of the issue is likely a side-effect of the damage being capped at 2 pts, but I thought I'd mention it.

Which card behaved improperly?

Avacyn's Judgment

Which update are you using? (date, name)Which type? (duel, gauntlet, sealed deck)
Manalink test build Jan 12 2020 - duel

What exactly should be the correct behavior/interaction?

1 - Madness casting cost is R(X)
2 - Damage = X
3 - Damage can be divided among as many targets as there are points of damage, i.e., (X).

Of note: During the initial discard a menu opens allowing the player to "pay normal madness cost" or decline. This menu also lists an unavailable (greyed out) choice called "Use Falkenrath Goger's Madness". I don't know what that means or how to enable it. Forum search returns no info about the term.

Thanks!

Are any other cards possibly affected by this bug?
Last edited by Aswan jaguar on 05 Feb 2020, 07:49, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: confirmed
gnomefry
Tester

Re: Avacyn's Judgment

Postby Aswan jaguar » 05 Feb 2020, 07:39

Falkenrath Gorger option is to let you pay for a vampire card or one that was made a vampire the madness mana cost according to it's cmc per Falkenrath Gorger if you have one in play. And still be able to pay instead normal madness if you wish per rulings.

Edit : This post is a replicate of this but has more info so will leave it open:
viewtopic.php?f=86&t=19166&p=227931&hilit=Avacyn%27s+Judgment&sid=a4acca196a9a46262c775e60bec45c33#p227931 but I
Last edited by Aswan jaguar on 05 Feb 2020, 13:54, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: edit
---
Trying to squash some bugs and playtesting.
Aswan jaguar
Super Tester Elite

Re: [confirmed]Avacyn's Judgment

Postby gnomefry » 26 May 2020, 16:32

An additional issue I've noticed with Avacyn's Judgment is that its targeting does not trigger 'when targeted' abilities such as Dack Fayden's emblem ability.

Dack Fayden's emblem does work properly with other multi-target spells such as Fiery Justice.

Savegame example attached.
Attachments
dackfayden.rar
(3.25 KiB) Downloaded 129 times
gnomefry
Tester

Return to Bug Reports