It is currently 24 Apr 2024, 03:35

Text Size

[confirmed] Forced searches aren't

Report wrong Card behavior to get it fixed.
PLEASE ADD SAVEGAMES TO YOUR TOPIC !

Moderators: BAgate, drool66, Aswan jaguar, gmzombie, stassy, CCGHQ Admins

[confirmed] Forced searches aren't

Postby Korath » 29 Dec 2021, 06:20

Describe the Bug:
You can decline to find a card with Demonic Tutor by clicking on "Done" on the right side of the show_deck dialog's title bar (or, for not much longer, anywhere else in the dialog except on an actual card).

Which update are you using? (date, name)Which type? (duel, gauntlet, sealed deck)
dev 9675e981b.

What exactly should be the correct behavior/interaction?
701.19d If a player is searching a hidden zone simply for a quantity of cards, such as "a card" or "three cards," that player must find that many cards (or as many as possible, if the zone doesn't contain enough cards).

Are any other cards possibly affected by this bug?
Yes, lots. Not just tutoring into your hand, but into graveyards (like Entomb), to the top of your library (Insidious Dreams), almost to the top of your library (Long-Term Plans), into exile (Jester's Cap), and combinations (Final Parting).
Last edited by drool66 on 29 Dec 2021, 16:33, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: confirmed
Korath
DEVELOPER

Re: [confirmed] Forced searches aren't

Postby drool66 » 29 Dec 2021, 16:39

Very cool - another bug that requires grepping and evaluating hundreds of uses over several functions - I count 8 for this one. I'll take care of it, keeping in mind "fail to find" in 701.19b If a player is searching a hidden zone for cards with a stated quality, such as a card with a certain card type or color, that player isn’t required to find some or all of those cards even if they’re present in that zone. While I'm at it I'll fully depreciate global_tutor()
drool66
Programmer

Postby Korath » 29 Dec 2021, 16:52

Coercion, at least, is unaffected, so there's some hope this only affects searches of libraries. (The interface is poor, though - it lets you cancel, but makes you pick again if you do.)
Korath
DEVELOPER

Postby drool66 » 29 Dec 2021, 20:20

(The interface is poor, though - it lets you cancel, but makes you pick again if you do.)
That's so easy to fix, it makes me think I'm missing something - why wasn't must_select passed to show_deck() in select_card_from_zone() in the first place?

The issue is at the individual card level though - the "must_select" arg is 0 in all the cards you mention (one of them is mine, so I can't claim innocence). So I really just need to grep and evaluate each use.
drool66
Programmer

Return to Bug Reports