It is currently 16 Apr 2024, 04:48

Text Size

Deflection mistargets, mistriggers

Report wrong Card behavior to get it fixed.
PLEASE ADD SAVEGAMES TO YOUR TOPIC !

Moderators: BAgate, drool66, Aswan jaguar, gmzombie, stassy, CCGHQ Admins

Deflection mistargets, mistriggers

Postby Korath » 20 Jan 2022, 22:55

Describe the Bug:
  1. Deflection and I expect all target-changing effects target the retargeted spell's new target.
  2. When-you-cast and when-this-becomes-the-target-of-a-spell triggers for the targeted spell don't trigger until after Deflection resolves. (They actually should resolve after the Deflection, but they're getting announced after it resolves too, so only see the changed target.)
Which update are you using? (date, name)Which type? (duel, gauntlet, sealed deck)
dev 3202efdb6.

What exactly should be the correct behavior/interaction?
Case 1:
  1. I control an Akroan Crusader and a bunch of Island, and have a Deflection in hand.
  2. AI controls a Willow Elf and a Forest, and has a Giant Growth in hand.
  3. AI attacks with Willow Elf.
  4. I block with Akroan Crusader.
  5. AI casts Giant Growth targeting Willow Elf.
  6. I Deflection the Giant Growth to target my Akroan Crusader.
  7. Akroan Crusader's ability triggers from the Deflection, despite me not having cast the Giant Growth; and it triggers when the Deflection is cast, not when the Giant Growth is.
Expected: No soldier token.

Case 2a:
  1. I control an Akroan Crusader, a Skulking Ghost, a Forest, and a bunch of Island, and have a Giant Growth and Deflection in hand.
  2. I cast Giant Growth targeting Skulking Ghost.
  3. I Deflection the Giant Growth to target my Akroan Crusader.
  4. Akroan Crusader's ability triggers twice - once from Giant Growth targeting it, once for Deflection targeting it; Skulking Ghost's ability doesn't trigger at all.
Expected: No soldier token, sacrificed ghost.

Case 2b:
  1. Same as case 2a.
  2. I cast Giant Growth targeting Akroan Crusader.
  3. I Deflection the Giant Growth to target my Skulking Ghost.
  4. Akroan Crusader's ability doesn't trigger; Skulking Ghost's does (but for the Deflection, not the Giant Growth; see below)
Expected: One soldier token, ghost not sacrificed because of Deflection, ghost sacrificed because it's targeted by Giant Growth.

The actual use case for 2b is a random Aura instead of Giant Growth, and Fugitive Druid instead of Skulking Ghost (and another case with it instead of Akroan Crusader instead). Deflecting Auras is broken, though, at least for the ones I tried. I next tried testing by making card_skulking_ghost only trigger for SUBTYPE_ARCANE and using Kodama's Might, but, ha ha ha, deflecting that doesn't work either. So I made it trigger only for SUBTYPE_TRAP, and added that to Giant Growth; then did it again, adding it to Deflection instead.

Are any other cards possibly affected by this bug?
All target-changers. Alternately, everything that triggers on becoming a target or that triggers upon a spell targeting it being cast.

Also all-or-most Auras, and probably all targeted Arcane spells.
Korath
DEVELOPER

Return to Bug Reports