It is currently 16 Apr 2024, 08:35

Text Size

Bug hunters topic

Report wrong Card behavior to get it fixed.
PLEASE ADD SAVEGAMES TO YOUR TOPIC !

Moderators: BAgate, drool66, Aswan jaguar, gmzombie, stassy, CCGHQ Admins

Re: Bug hunters topic

Postby Aswan jaguar » 14 Sep 2016, 04:17

There are posts where a developer has fixed some bugs but there are others remaining so those don't get to pending reports as they are not finished completely and they don't get checked for the parts that devs have worked upon.
I tried few things and I think the best way is to leave them where they are and mark them to be checked when a new update is up.
I think a "C" = check before the first "[" in the title and a mention in the section of edits is enough (preserving the confirmed icon). What do you think?
e.g.
viewtopic.php?f=86&t=14500&p=152677#p152677
---
Trying to squash some bugs and playtesting.
Aswan jaguar
Super Tester Elite

Postby BAgate » 14 Sep 2016, 08:48

The only problem with that is that they will get pushed down over time and lost, and the visual differentiation isn't that significant.

Maybe changing the [confirmed] to [??CONFIRMED]? Or use the flame icon. Needs some thought.
Working on: housekeeping and archived reports
BAgate
Tester

Postby Korath » 14 Sep 2016, 09:57

The usual practice for this on a full bugtracker is to split it.
Korath
DEVELOPER

Postby Aswan jaguar » 15 Sep 2016, 03:59

Korath wrote:The usual practice for this on a full bugtracker is to split it
This idea is the cleanest one however the problem lies to what you decide to split and what not.
1- Will dev be interested in the whole history of the report to understand or find easier to fix the remaining problem if I split all the topics that concern the bug but are now fixed?
2- If I split it and split the first report will it change reports id of the one split or of the one remaining.I guess the remaining will still have the same address but don't know for sure.
3- Decide which to split by number of bugs fixed in contrast to bugs remaining?
---
Aswan jaguar
Super Tester Elite

Postby Korath » 15 Sep 2016, 22:25

I think the easiest way to do it here would be to create a new thread for the unresolved parts with a link to the old thread, with relevant parts cut-and-pasted, and leave the original thread alone except to add a link to the new one. Actually splitting the thread per-post is probably more trouble than it's worth; in a lot of cases, there'll be posts that refer to both parts of the bug.
Korath
DEVELOPER

Postby Aswan jaguar » 04 Oct 2016, 15:45

The edh bugs in archived reports have now been checked.
---
Aswan jaguar
Super Tester Elite

Postby Aswan jaguar » 01 Mar 2017, 06:54

Unfortunately, with all the fuss around Korath, BAgate got tired and displeased with some things and people and left the project for the time being.As BAgate and me did all the confirmation and testing on bugs lately we desperate need bughunters and/or other people to help.In the worst case scenario we need at least one person to check my bug reports.When the new update will come then we need more people to be active to check all the new cards and check the ones that are fixed since last update in pending bug forum.Even the slightest help is valuable.

BAgate thanks for the immense work you did here with bugs-hunting, retesting, keeping things in order, being helpful to new users and trying to keep things civil in our forums! It was a pleasure working with you, I wish you the best manalink friend! =D>
---
Aswan jaguar
Super Tester Elite

Postby Aswan jaguar » 22 Jun 2017, 06:53

I used a [dev version] and info tag for bug reports made by developers that are in dev version and we can't test/confirm.We should know however that we have checked the report in public version.

Stassy, or anyone else there are few bugs in earlier pages that have not been checked or at least tagged please check them(made by me so can't do that myself):
viewtopic.php?f=86&t=20251
viewtopic.php?f=86&t=20325&p=210862#p210862
viewtopic.php?f=86&t=20324
---
Aswan jaguar
Super Tester Elite

Postby Aswan jaguar » 02 Apr 2018, 14:16

I am beginning to check the bugs in pending reports with dev version. I will not transfer pending reports to archived reports as when we do after an update as not all testers have dev version. :(

EDIT: To be clear I will not transfer all cards and check them later but I will transfer all those I test (and already done so).
---
Aswan jaguar
Super Tester Elite

Postby Aswan jaguar » 10 May 2018, 11:56

I have checked all the pending reports which are until Manalink dev 778ccb5 version except 3 that are newer than this. I haven't checked only the "rearranging battlefield in windows 7 broken" bug as I don't have windows 7 or newer to check this for the time being.
---
Aswan jaguar
Super Tester Elite

Postby Aswan jaguar » 31 Mar 2019, 11:05

I use the [fixed] tag along with the attention sign (exclamation in a triangle) for fixed but not yet pushed commits.
---
Aswan jaguar
Super Tester Elite

Postby Aswan jaguar » 01 Aug 2019, 16:38

To anyone that wants to help with testing debugging latest Manlink.3.0 changes this is a test Manalink3.0 build not a regular update. It is updated till Nullstone Gargoyle in commit 01e3541.

BEWARE THAT THIS VERSION HAS A LOT MORE GAME-BREAKING BUGS (and bugs in general) than emnv2 or fate reforge (this test build is probably not compatible with those that have fate reforge update) had and sometimes really frustrating to play/test.

I am not able to pack all the necessary files for you (or me)to be fully updated till now with all the artwork (that has been made since last update).
You will have an annoying bug that I have too, about a cardartfile every time you begin a duel because I wasn't able to figure out how to compile cardartlib.dll because it needs a library that I haven't find a way how to insert to be recognized by the compiler. It doesn't affect gameplay, though.

READ VERY CAREFULLY:
In order not to destroy your emnv2 version in case something goes wrong and be still able to use emnv2 version make a copy of your magic directory paste it in another directory and then apply this patch over in the usual way overwriting everything when asked.
I didn't test this so the installation may have bugs:
http://www.mediafire.com/file/1g1vrof2u ... 8.rar/file

I really hope to see you old manalink friends back and welcome any new ones. :D
Last edited by Aswan jaguar on 21 Sep 2019, 13:45, edited 4 times in total.
Reason: edit add compatibility for fate reforge comment
---
Aswan jaguar
Super Tester Elite

Postby guyfromcroswell » 08 Aug 2019, 00:03

I spent a few hours testing the build. I haven't seen any game breakers yet. I have a white deck with a lot of auras to trigger heroic abilities, and the game never crashed once. I played with a bunch of new cards and various decks. I like the new textures in on the counters and in the deck builder. I love the new filters.

Things I did notice:
- The game spends a lot of time "thinking" when you go to duel.
- The game seems to think you have mana when you don't with energy counters. It highlights cards to cast as if you have one extra mana.
- In the deck builder, if you filter out all "colors" except artifacts, nothing shows up. If you filter out all "colors" except colorless, the colorless creatures show up. In order to view artifacts, you have to make sure the filter is off for Artifacts AND colorless, other wise you can't see artifacts.
- I got the "drawcardlib.dll Unknown watermark "xland" in line#38 of watermarks.csv [17457;xland]" error before my first duel, but that was the only time.
guyfromcroswell

Postby Aswan jaguar » 08 Aug 2019, 06:36

I am glad you like it so far. Please report bugs in the normal bug reports main forum.
---
Aswan jaguar
Super Tester Elite

Postby Aswan jaguar » 17 Jun 2020, 20:14

Updated bug report form to current:
June 2020 - Amonkhet: The Return of the Mummies version 2 - duel
and emptied pending reports to archive.
---
Aswan jaguar
Super Tester Elite

PreviousNext

Return to Bug Reports