It is currently 24 Apr 2024, 05:08

Text Size

Bug hunters topic

Report wrong Card behavior to get it fixed.
PLEASE ADD SAVEGAMES TO YOUR TOPIC !

Moderators: BAgate, drool66, Aswan jaguar, gmzombie, stassy, CCGHQ Admins

Re: Bug hunters topic

Postby Aswan jaguar » 09 Feb 2012, 09:03

I updated the unsolved bug list/read this before you create a new topic,until the last archive posts 28/1/2012.
Also added there the Known bug issues,as are declared by the developers as how some cards are coded and work in Manalink.Maybe a couple are fixed since then so if you like take a look Stassy.
---
Trying to squash some bugs and playtesting.
Aswan jaguar
Super Tester Elite

Postby stassy » 09 Feb 2012, 09:34

Thanks for the hard work, will double check those.
stassy

Postby Aswan jaguar » 20 Feb 2012, 13:47

I believe in cases of "General Known bugs" = Indestructibility,Hexproof,.....we should proceed the bugs to be checked by Gargaroz if we can confirm them because cases vary or something could be omitted in the code so the card could behave worse than others with Indestructibility,Hexproof,.....so Gargaroz will check and if bug is just one of the approximation cases then we can tag it unfixable.Unless Gargaroz has already applied about that card.
What do you think?
---
Aswan jaguar
Super Tester Elite

Postby stassy » 20 Feb 2012, 16:39

No problem for me, however as those approx have been reported many times in the past I though Gargz was focusing more on fixing precise and confirmed bug, especially Indestructible status which is really random while Hexproof is known to only protect against targeted spells.
stassy

Postby stassy » 21 Apr 2012, 05:55

Gargaroz can you confirm that any "silence" like spell (Silence, Arrest) are on your low priority debug list so I can tag as C cards compatible only and archive them (would need too much recoding on others cards anyway)?
stassy

Postby Aswan jaguar » 30 Apr 2012, 14:51

It is more than a year now,that Shalbei reorganised all forums and topics and established the new Bug Reports topic.Shalbei with his great organising skills made possible this topic, gathered the Bug hunters and the hole project had great success,thanks Shalbei!

The bugs could be now reported properly,checked and verified,confirmed easily and that earned precious time to our developers to deal only with the real bugs.

I would like to express my gratitude to all of you that take time to report bugs (even more the ones that use the form and attach savegames or screenshots that make our life's easier and have better chances the bug you report to get fixed). You all help to improve the game and have as much as possible a bug-free game.

I would like also to thank my fellow Bug hunters,testers for their efforts to keep the bug forum organised,for their dedication to check the bugs,the new cards that come with each update and promote and clarify the real bugged cards to the Developers.Especially I would like to thank Stassy who is a great team-mate and a tireless Bug hunter .

I would then like to thank Sonic,Orion79 for the great job they did and do fixing and updating values in the csv files and others that are eager to help when the Developers ask for lists or whatever.

Lastly I would like to thank the most important link of this chain our great developers because with out them no bugs would have been fixed and we all would be discouraged to report and check bugs a long time ago.Hurray for Gargaroz the most active developer the past year,Jatill who always is around to help with the most tricky ones, and couple of guys that helped and solved bugs whose names I don't remember,sorry guys (Gargaroz help ...)
And Snacko and Mok for their precious advice on coding that led to better coded cards.
-If I have forgotten somebody who contributed here I am really sorry I never meant to do it.

Finally a wish for a couple of ASM coders to help Gargaroz.
---
Aswan jaguar
Super Tester Elite

Postby stassy » 04 May 2012, 04:32

Won't be able to access internet a lot from the following 2 weeks.
stassy

Postby Gargaroz » 29 May 2012, 13:17

Some requests from your humble coder :
- Could we left in the main subforum only the threads younger than 15 days ? It will be easy for me to spot the newer bugs and the older ones will be still available in the other sub-thread.
- All the threads regarding unconfimed bugs older than 15 days should be deleted : if the bug is there, it will pop up again sooner or later, if not, the thread is worthless.
- Generic threads regarding tokens, typos and AI improvement has to be "sticked".
----
- Current / medium term task: adjusting the code for making Misdirection and such usable
- Long term task: inserting all the good stuff I left out from the "Golden Years" mod
Gargaroz
Programmer

Postby stassy » 29 May 2012, 17:46

- What do you mean by subforum? Do you want that I request the forums admins to create another sub section in the Bug section for confirmed old bug report? (which are indeed cluttering the 1st page indeed)
- I usually already do some cleaning for around 2 weeks, just got a load of work and was a bit late on schedule, it's done now.
- All of the thread mentioned are sticked now.
stassy

Postby Aswan jaguar » 29 May 2012, 21:41

Gargaroz probably means with subforum the section where bugs are,under "Topics"
- to change how we do it so far and leave there onlyConfirmed and Newly posted bugs of the last 15 days and move the older ones to the "not solved"+"Unfixable" archive.So confirmed,checked,new info,etc.. bugs earlier to 10 may have to go to the archive.
- Delete older than 15 days unconfirmed-not bugs reports.
---
Aswan jaguar
Super Tester Elite

Postby stassy » 30 May 2012, 03:49

So does that mean that we have to create another pinned thread called "confirmed and old bugs" and merge currently all of them inside?

I would rather ask for another subforum because it would clusterfuck all the current old confirmed pinned threads, but if it is not possible the merging will have to be done.

Edit: Ok nevermind, it can't be done so let the great sweeper be, anything past 15 days will be archived.
stassy

Postby Aswan jaguar » 30 May 2012, 04:01

Another idea is to clear the "old reports" forum from unconfirmed and not bugs etc leave there the confirmed ones that didn't get any attention and put there from now on those confirmed bugs that are older than 15-20 days maybe rename it,too.
---
Aswan jaguar
Super Tester Elite

Postby stassy » 30 May 2012, 04:07

Aswan jaguar wrote:Another idea is to clear the "old reports" forum from unconfirmed and not bugs etc leave there the confirmed ones that didn't get any attention and put there from now on those confirmed bugs that are older than 15-20 days maybe rename it,too.
Sound good to me.

Edit: Ok, confirmed bugs are no longer stickied, pinning will only be reserved for generic bugs
stassy

Postby stassy » 12 Jun 2012, 16:38

Won't be able to check bugs until next week because I go out traveling with my Vista laptop...
stassy

Postby Aswan jaguar » 03 Jul 2012, 14:14

Since we don't sticky confirmed bugs after Gargaroz's request so that is easier to see and work the new reported bugs,I see that some confirmed bugs can quickly go down the list and may escape his attention,so I will tag them with the asterisk post icon.to make clear with just a look that these bugs are confirmed to be real bugs.
I hope this will be helpful.
Stassy,Gargaroz any thoughts on that?
---
Aswan jaguar
Super Tester Elite

PreviousNext

Return to Bug Reports