It is currently 16 Apr 2024, 23:58

Text Size

Bug hunters topic

Report wrong Card behavior to get it fixed.
PLEASE ADD SAVEGAMES TO YOUR TOPIC !

Moderators: BAgate, drool66, Aswan jaguar, gmzombie, stassy, CCGHQ Admins

Re: Bug hunters topic

Postby BAgate » 25 Mar 2015, 21:16

New patch is out. Template for advanced users has been updated, Pending Reports has been emptied to Archived Reports, Mailing List has been updated. Let the games commence!
Working on: housekeeping and archived reports
BAgate
Tester

Postby Aswan jaguar » 09 Apr 2015, 11:59

I want to thank my bughunter/tester fellow BAgate for the huge amount of work he does testing archived reports almost single-handedly in last patches while he is also helping in confirming bugs,keeping things in order and more.

Thanks man from me and I believe from all Manalink community.Your efforts are greatly appreciated. =D>

Also I have missed Nexhro who is absent the last 3 months and who was helping greatly testing,retesting and reporting bugs by dozens.Also I miss the good knowledge of Mtg rules he had.I just hope he is fine and just has no time or interest in Manalink for the time being.My best wishes to you Manalink friend.
---
Trying to squash some bugs and playtesting.
Aswan jaguar
Super Tester Elite

Postby BAgate » 10 Apr 2015, 02:05

Coming from you AJ that means a lot.

And I echo your thoughts re: Nexhro. It wasn't that long ago that he told me he thought we were 6 months away from finding all the bugs in manalink. So come back soon man, we're going to need you if we are ever going to reach that goal!
BAgate
Tester

Postby BAgate » 10 Apr 2015, 12:07

You inspired me. All bugs in Archived Reports checked except for 1 marked with a flame on page 2 related to EDH. If someone could check that...
BAgate
Tester

Postby BAgate » 25 Dec 2015, 23:03

Great work Korath on the new patch. Pending reports have been moved to Archived reports for testing. And thanks to stassy for updating the template and the mailing list!

Edit: fixed bugs have been checked except for forced attack ones. Those will have to wait until I'm in the mood to suffer. :)
BAgate
Tester

Postby Aswan jaguar » 26 Dec 2015, 07:49

I have also marked as fixed the bugs in typo topic Korath has just fixed.

If you didn't notice,I have begun the last week to check old bugs from main bug reports forum,there are some there that have already been fixed some can be safely be closed as duplicates,etc.Also for persistent bugs that have many replies to them I try to clear what is a bug by marking fixed elements with strike-through and leave only remaining bugs (as last checked/confirmed by the tester) and change title where appropriate to active bug and not the original which has been fixed.
---
Aswan jaguar
Super Tester Elite

Postby BAgate » 27 Dec 2015, 03:55

Aswan Jaguar, per Korath can we move the typo thread to archived reports, or do you have a better idea on how to handle that mess?
BAgate
Tester

Postby Aswan jaguar » 31 Dec 2015, 05:50

BAgate wrote:Aswan Jaguar, per Korath can we move the typo thread to archived reports, or do you have a better idea on how to handle that mess?
1- Imho it is better just to stop post there,lock the topic and continue from now on typo bugs to main bug reports forum as Korath suggests which seems better for recheck and close,too.
2- I have read that Korath will release a BFZv2 so then it would be great if we begin to check and close all those typos or mark still bugged(and move only bugged ones to main bug reports forum) or if we decide to skip that (many pages of them)at least do the last that were done since BFZ1.
What do you think,do we proceed like:
a)check all and move still bugged ones to main forum-best solution but too much work,or
b)check just fixes since BFZ1 and if find any still bugged ones move them to main forum.-take the easy road out of the mess.

Also we should recheck and close or reconfirm as still bugs the legacy-csv fixes when a new update is up.
---
Aswan jaguar
Super Tester Elite

Postby BAgate » 31 Dec 2015, 07:01

Lets just check fixes (for both) since BFZ1, then close the typo and legacy card threads (and move them to archived) and then just go forward reporting them as normal bugs.
BAgate
Tester

Postby Aswan jaguar » 31 Dec 2015, 08:15

About legacy-csv ones it is better to be grouped together and so fixed in a bunch so we better leave them in their own forum as they are.
---
Aswan jaguar
Super Tester Elite

Postby BAgate » 31 Dec 2015, 08:44

Then we need a new system for it, because as it is it is a pain in the a$$ to know what is fixed and needs to be checked. Maybe make a post in pending reports of those that are fixed as they are. That way the issues stay together, but what is fixed is in discrete, manageable chunks to be checked.
BAgate
Tester

Postby stassy » 08 Jan 2016, 04:59

Do we unstick the typo thread then?
stassy

Postby Aswan jaguar » 08 Jan 2016, 05:25

BAgate wrote:Then we need a new system for it, because as it is it is a pain in the a$$ to know what is fixed and needs to be checked. Maybe make a post in pending reports of those that are fixed as they are. That way the issues stay together, but what is fixed is in discrete, manageable chunks to be checked.

What do you think if we move the fixed in pending reports like we do with main bug reports forum and check/close like we do but if something is still bugged return it to scv-forum(only the ones since last update when v1 comes,and for new updates from now on)?The fixed ones pose no problem being removed and help us check them and have them organised.However I think it is better to keep the csv forum,as bugs there can be fixed by non-programmer and is more organised to have them separate.
The procedure is a bit different:
When you have to "move" a post from scv topic go to moderate forum click on "CSV errors & Legacy/Effect cards with no text" then go to the correct page (the last 2 pages have fixes since previous update) select one or more and then select "split selected posts" you then choose destination "pending reports" and choose also a new title for this "new" post which keeps though it's previous address.

Typo topic is closed as of now.We post typos at main bug forum as we have said.
stassy wrote:Do we unstick the typo thread then?
Yes,please do it.
---
Aswan jaguar
Super Tester Elite

Postby Korath » 08 Jan 2016, 06:21

I'd think it would be easier to edit the posts.
Korath
DEVELOPER

Postby BAgate » 08 Jan 2016, 09:20

The problem with just editing the posts is that it becomes real messy real fast, especially if a fix didn't take. And it requires moderator involvement, when making actual fixes doesn't.

What would probably be easiest is to simply keep up to date with fixes and then move the thread to pending reports when a new patch is released and start a new csv thread. If we can't manage to keep up to date then we could split off the unfinished ones as AJ described above instead of creating a new thread.
BAgate
Tester

PreviousNext

Return to Bug Reports