It is currently 16 Apr 2024, 15:33

Text Size

Requests for AI improvements

Report wrong Card behavior to get it fixed.
PLEASE ADD SAVEGAMES TO YOUR TOPIC !

Moderators: BAgate, drool66, Aswan jaguar, gmzombie, stassy, CCGHQ Admins

Re: Requests for AI improvements

Postby Althuna » 18 Dec 2015, 17:07

I made a deck that uses Pariah's Shield on a Stuffy Doll and the AI always just attacks with all its creatures and kills itself.
Althuna

Postby stassy » 13 Jan 2016, 11:31

AI is likely to cast Silkwrap even if there is no opponent creature in the bf.

AI is likely to cast Exploit creatures when no creature is in its bf, thus saccing it for the sake of the effect alone.
stassy

Postby Nexhro » 16 Jan 2016, 05:01

AI doesn't understand Assault Formation and e.g. won't block a Tree of Redemption when it's at 13 life.

Haven't checked, but suspect this also goes for Doran, the Siege Tower.
Nexhro

Postby stassy » 23 Jan 2016, 06:58

AI will use Drowner of Hope ability to sac all Eldrazi Scion available in order to tap attacking opponent creatures...except they are already tapped
stassy

Postby Althuna » 05 May 2016, 13:44

AI sacrifices Jinxed Idol on my turn instead of just before. If he did it before, I would take damage at the start of my turn.
Althuna

Postby Althuna » 07 May 2016, 16:45

Also the AI uses Icy Manipulator on lands when I am killing him with a creature. He should save it and use it on my creature on my turns.

Another one:

When using something like Ghostly Prison, the opponent attacks with a crappy creature and then spends mana, and runs out before he can attack with his great creature. He should prioritize the good creature first.
Althuna

Postby Korath » 08 May 2016, 02:50

The Icy Manipulator one is irritating, and not easily fixable. The problem is that the AI only activates spells or plays abilities at a very few limited times (from memory, during each of its own main phases; before and after blockers; during your discard phase; and in response to another spell or ability). It won't ever choose to play a spell or ability during your turn before combat's already begun, unless you do something for it to respond to.

We can force it to activate whenever we want - basically, it adds text to the card equivalent to e.g. "At the beginning of each opponent's upkeep, if you are the AI, pay {1} and tap Icy Manipulator. If you do, tap target artifact, creature, or land." There's lots of problems with that, though - for one thing, it will always "activate" (really trigger) the Icy Manipulator, even if doing so would be detrimental. (Maybe its only land is a Desert, and the creature that's beating it to death has 1 toughness. Or the Icy Manipulator has a bunch of Relic Bind's attached to it, or the AI's only land has a bunch of Psychic Venom's.) For another, neither you nor the AI can respond to these fake activations, since Manalink doesn't let you respond to triggers - the AI's Icy Manipulator would be able to keep you from ever being able to ping him with a Prodigal Sorcerer, for example.

Most cards that currently use this technique trigger during the human player's discard phase. They're actually poor uses of it, since that's one of the times that the AI will spontaneously play spells and activate abilities, and we now know how to encourage it to do so using its normal speculation framework.
Korath
DEVELOPER

Postby Aswan jaguar » 08 May 2016, 05:47

Another idea that possibly needs more work and affects only any time AI can respond to human's activations:
Korath about the main phases or any other time the AI can respond to human's move (if there is another time AI can respond to human move)what about if we could instead have cards like Icy Manipulator produce a legacy card when they come into play in humans side and active-able by human with something like "0:it does nothing.(activate this to help ai activate/play cards)" or do it in Rules engine card so AI can use the opportunity and to response to our attack (tap creature)or to the actual activation of a card or playing a spell that can hurt AI (tap a land).
Of course it would cause problems with cards that trigger on activation.I could only find these:Powerleech, Ceaseless Searblades , Quagnoth that would cause a problem.There are also 2,3 cards like Rings of Brighthearth but they don't seem to cause a problem.But it is a small price to pay if AI can make a better use of such cards.
It would depend to human of course to use it or not,unless there is a way to auto-activate this legacy card or Rules engine card before human plays/activates anything.
---
Trying to squash some bugs and playtesting.
Aswan jaguar
Super Tester Elite

Postby Aswan jaguar » 26 Jun 2016, 10:43

AI activated Chainer, Dementia Master 's ability even AI had only 3 life.Probably it is a good idea to tell AI not to use the ability if life will go to 0 and so will loose the game or (below which then becomes also a bug).
Attachments
ai pay 3 last life to activate chainer,dementia master.jpg
---
Aswan jaguar
Super Tester Elite

Postby stassy » 22 Jul 2016, 10:43

AI always choose untapped targets when using Kiora,Master of the Depths 1st ability even if there are others tapped creatures/land in bf
stassy

Postby Aswan jaguar » 08 Aug 2016, 13:03

I haven't seen AI activate correctly Satyr Piper.Always selects a creature of mine at AI's turn and some times not even before blockers.Unless mine creature can be destroyed when targeted doing that is at best useless.
Attachments
2016-08-08_160257.jpg
---
Aswan jaguar
Super Tester Elite

Postby stassy » 10 Aug 2016, 05:52

AI select opponent for Roiling Waters card draw effect.

While there are some specific cases where it's recommended (milling deck for eg.), it's better overall to target self to gain the 2 cards draw.
stassy

Postby stassy » 14 Aug 2016, 05:55

AI activate Furyblade Vampire ability even if tapped before combat.
stassy

Postby stassy » 15 Sep 2016, 12:07

AI cast Porphyry Nodes even if there is no creature in the bf
AI often cast Ghost Quarter on itself to get a basic land
stassy

Postby Aswan jaguar » 18 Nov 2016, 06:30

ZacheryGof wrote:Can a forum admin maybe create a "Requests" forum? There are a lot of requests for scores, and they are scattered all over the forum.

You can make a topic yourself for requests in the main Manalink3.0 forum and if it attracts a lot of attention and requests I will pin it eventually.
---
Aswan jaguar
Super Tester Elite

PreviousNext

Return to Bug Reports