It is currently 25 Apr 2024, 22:36

Text Size

Requests for AI improvements

Report wrong Card behavior to get it fixed.
PLEASE ADD SAVEGAMES TO YOUR TOPIC !

Moderators: BAgate, drool66, Aswan jaguar, gmzombie, stassy, CCGHQ Admins

Re: Requests for AI improvements

Postby Althuna » 27 Jun 2014, 16:37

AI used Cryptic Command on me during his own turn, to tap my creatures and bounce a creature. But then next turn I get everything untapped anyway, and I attack with several creatures and win. He should save it and use it during my turn, to tap my creatures just before they attack. That would buy him one more turn at least.
Althuna

Postby stassy » 02 Jul 2014, 10:46

AI tend to choose the newly casted Fleshbag Marauder for sac instead of another (and weaker) creature (for eg. a Llanowar Elves)
stassy

Postby Althuna » 03 Jul 2014, 02:05

I don't know if this is a bug or AI or what. I think it might be because the AI "gives up" if he thinks it is too bad. But anyway, I attached a save where he gives up and shouldn't have.
Attachments
mtg.zip
(3.81 KiB) Downloaded 281 times
Althuna

Postby Althuna » 05 Jul 2014, 03:07

AI sometimes plays Ball Lightning (and similar cards) when I have better blockers, and he doesn't attack, just lets it die at the end of his turn.
Althuna

Postby BAgate » 05 Jul 2014, 21:05

I've had multiple games now where the AI has a Story Circle in play and doesn't use it, even when that results in death.
Working on: housekeeping and archived reports
BAgate
Tester

Postby Nexhro » 19 Jul 2014, 12:28

AI always chooses "nonland" for Abundance's triggered ability, even if it has no lands on the battlefield.
Nexhro

Might of Alara to opponent-Boros Charm never use damage/doub

Postby Aswan jaguar » 20 Jul 2014, 14:14

1- AI plays Might of Alara always on opponents creatures (I have seen that several times).

2- AI never uses the deal 4 damage option of Boros Charm even if it will win the game for AI(that was a surprise to me as AI loves burn spells and even more when they lead to victory).Probably never uses double strike option either.AI uses well though the indestructible ability.
---
Trying to squash some bugs and playtesting.
Aswan jaguar
Super Tester Elite

Postby gmzombie » 20 Jul 2014, 17:23

Ai uses Jace , Architect of thought -2 ability and will always choose the 2 cards instead of maybe one good card. So I can put 2 lands together and one sphinx's rev and it will take the land.
can I maze of ith your snowstorm?

http://home.comcast.net/~gmzombie/index.html old stuff in here. don't use this stuff right now till I get time to get back into it and readjust.
gmzombie

Postby Nexhro » 27 Jul 2014, 17:46

AI always casts Terminus for its miracle cost when it gets the chance to do so, even if player has no creatures on the battlefield while AI has several.
Nexhro

Postby HarlequinCasts » 27 Jul 2014, 21:50

Althuna wrote:I don't know if this is a bug or AI or what. I think it might be because the AI "gives up" if he thinks it is too bad. But anyway, I attached a save where he gives up and shouldn't have.
I think your giving up thing is related to another hard coded limit where the AI won't bother attacking if you have too much life. See my earlier post below:

HarlequinCasts wrote:AI Attack Logic

I noticed the AI will only ever attack you based on how much life you have. In practice, its rule regarding this is fine in almost all cases but it seems a little odd. It doesn't necessarily need to be changed, but you can decide.

If the total power of the AI's creatures would take greater than or equal to 50 turns to kill you, the AI will simply not attack. For example in the first screenshot, the AI has 1 Raging Goblin and I have 50 life (it skips its attack step). In the second screenshot, the AI has 3 Raging Goblin s and I have 150 life (it skips its attack again). If in either case, I change my life total to 49 or to 147, the AI will suddenly start attacking.

I only mention this because in most cases it seems strictly sub-optimal for the AI not to attack, simply because you always want to chip away at your opponents life because you never know what you or your opponent will draw. (For example if I had 50 life and a Test of Endurance and the AI had a Raging Goblin, it should definitely attack!)

I do get that in some cases, attacking is pointless (like if the player has some arbitrarily large amount of life), but this seems like a weird AI restriction if not only for the corner case with Test of Endurance I mentioned.
HarlequinCasts

Postby Nexhro » 27 Jul 2014, 22:36

^ Regarding AI's attack logic, I noticed something else: It will alpha strike in situations where it would normally hold back in order to save its creatures, if you force one of its creatures to attack.

If, for example, I control a Wall of Swords and Rage Nimbus while AI controls four 2/2 Drake creature tokens with flying, AI wouldn't attack with any of those tokens unless I'm at 4 life. If I force one of the tokens to attack via Rage Nimbus' activated ability, it will attack with all four tokens, regardless of my life total.

Either its attack logic in that regard, or abilities forcing attacks are bugged. Since only one of the tokens gets a legacy card from Rage Nimbus or Alluring Siren, I suppose it's the former.
Nexhro

Postby Nexhro » 30 Jul 2014, 23:29

AI targets player with Ancestral Vision.
Nexhro

Postby Althuna » 11 Aug 2014, 11:51

Not sure if it was mentioned already but AI often uses his instants on the second main. If he did it on the first main step he could kill my creature and then attack. But often he doesn't attack with his creatures because I have a creature, but then he kills it with an instant or sorc but then can't attack.

HarlequinCasts wrote:
Althuna wrote:I don't know if this is a bug or AI or what. I think it might be because the AI "gives up" if he thinks it is too bad. But anyway, I attached a save where he gives up and shouldn't have.
I think your giving up thing is related to another hard coded limit where the AI won't bother attacking if you have too much life. See my earlier post below:
Yeah that is possible, most of my decks have life gain.
Althuna

Postby stassy » 21 Aug 2014, 04:33

AI always overuse Griselbrand ability thus killing himself.
stassy

Postby Nexhro » 08 Sep 2014, 11:59

AI sinks all mana into pumping Omnath, Locus of Mana and never spends any of that mana on spells, even if that means it has to dsicard cards at eot.
Nexhro

PreviousNext

Return to Bug Reports