It is currently 27 Apr 2024, 18:51

Text Size

Requests for AI improvements

Report wrong Card behavior to get it fixed.
PLEASE ADD SAVEGAMES TO YOUR TOPIC !

Moderators: BAgate, drool66, Aswan jaguar, gmzombie, stassy, CCGHQ Admins

Re: Requests for AI improvements

Postby BAgate » 11 Dec 2012, 10:27

AI keeps playing orzhov basilica (which requires unsummoning a land) and chooses to unsummon the orzhov basilica. He then does this every turn, effectively preventing him from ever playing another land. Is there some way to prevent the AI from choosing the land that was just played (or even better any land that unsummons another land)?
Working on: housekeeping and archived reports
BAgate
Tester

Postby PGM » 04 Jan 2013, 23:25

Blightsteel Colossus - AI never blocks Blightsteel Colossus. That means that a Blightsteel Colossus attack means an automatic win.

Ball Lightning - When defending, AI always blocks Ball Lightning with small creatures to kill it, disregarding the trample ability. When attacking, AI will not attack with Ball Lightning if defender has an untapped creature with enough power to block and kill it, disregarding the trample ability and the end-of-turn effect.
PGM

Postby Aswan jaguar » 27 Jan 2013, 19:34

AI uses Water Servant ability really bad, 2 times it gave +1/-1 before AI attacked to the point that my blocker could destroy it.
1- AI gave Water Servant one +1/-1 making it a 4/3 to attack me while I had only a 3/3 defender.
2- AI gave 3, +1/-1 to Water Servant making it a 6/1 to attack me while I had only a 1/1 defender!
Attachments
water servant.rar
(1.9 KiB) Downloaded 301 times
---
Trying to squash some bugs and playtesting.
Aswan jaguar
Super Tester Elite

Postby Zloy » 28 Jan 2013, 11:23

AI ignores deathtouch, indestructible, defeat or victory by poison counters and dude lands and artifacts.
Zloy

Postby wickedgarden » 09 Feb 2013, 17:29

Hi, I'm new to the site, thanks for the game btw. I searched but didn't know where to put this question, so rather than open a new thread, I just put it here.

I notice that in the "Bugs" section after someone posts a problem, there may or may not be a reply stating that it's fixed. Does this mean that there's a new update each time this is done? Or is this just something that is said stating it will be fixed when the next patch comes out? It doesn't seem likely that the download link is updated after each "bug fix" is replied to, though I thought I'd ask in case it was.

Thanks.
wickedgarden

Postby Aswan jaguar » 09 Feb 2013, 18:55

this just something that is said stating it will be fixed when the next patch comes out
That's the case.
---
Aswan jaguar
Super Tester Elite

AI bad defending calculations

Postby Aswan jaguar » 15 Feb 2013, 16:41

Describe the Bug:
I saw this bad AI defending choices for the first time in 2 games I had yesterday and I have never seen that before.I attacked with all my creatures and AI has enough blockers not to loose the game but I played this attack more than 10 times (always attacking with everything)and everytime AI makes wrong decisions [choosing not to block with all his creatures,some to tap one of his creatures with Puppeteer or untap one of my attackers (a card that AI certainly doesn't play well is Puppeteer)]and looses the game.Maybe another card besides Puppeteer makes AI to behave so foolishly.

Which card did behave improperly ?

Which update are you using?(date,name)Which type(Duel,Gauntlet,Sealed Deck)
times piral.v2

What exactly should be the correct behavior/interaction ?

Are any other cards possibly affected by this bug ?
Attachments
squirrel nest.rar
(2.08 KiB) Downloaded 262 times
---
Aswan jaguar
Super Tester Elite

[fixed by Gargaroz]Squirrel Nest

Postby Aswan jaguar » 15 Feb 2013, 16:46

AI likes to play Squirrel Nest on an opponents land but that is rarely what you want to do with it.
Savegame post above.
---
Aswan jaguar
Super Tester Elite

Postby Gargaroz » 23 Feb 2013, 14:01

Fixed the Squirrel Nest thing.
----
- Current / medium term task: adjusting the code for making Misdirection and such usable
- Long term task: inserting all the good stuff I left out from the "Golden Years" mod
Gargaroz
Programmer

Postby porphyre » 02 Mar 2013, 21:58

1) Is it possible to change the priority the AI places when auto-tapping lands? When I double-click to cast a spell, it appears to tap mono-colored lands first, then Urza's Saga lands (Academy, Cradle, Sanctum), then any multi-colored land. That's stupid and often causes problems. The Urza lands should only be auto-tapped when they're the last thing left to draw mana from.

2) What's up with Wood Elves?? The AI loves to kill those guys. Can you change the priority on that? If I have a Wood Elves plus Priest of Titania or, well, any 1/1 creature no matter how awesome (Scute Mob w/ 4 lands, Champion of Lamholt, etc) it zaps the Wood Elves. Wood Elves should never be Lightning Bolted before Priest of Titania... Or maybe that's an issue with the Priest?
porphyre

Postby stassy » 03 Mar 2013, 12:03

2) I would say maybe yes, because Wood Elves have AI base value of 20 while Priest of Titania is...19 :D
Not sure if that will help, but I will send a modification to Sonic so he will modify the csv accordingly (though if I set the AI base value with the current norms, Wood Elves might still be bolted before Priest of Titania as both will have their AI base value to 10 (which is the value for anything that only has a generating mana/land ability).
stassy

Postby porphyre » 03 Mar 2013, 16:06

That's kinda my point. Wood Elves has a come into play ability and no activated or static abilities. Once he hits the table, he's just a 1/1 Green Elf creature. 9 times out of 10, you're going to blow up every other creature on the field before you try to shoot him. Wood Elves should have the same value as Elvish Visionary.
porphyre

Postby stassy » 04 Mar 2013, 05:37

I know, but as I said in my post above, 10 is currently the value for everything that only generate mana or land. In a way, Wood Elves do permanently add a mana generation since you do fetch one land from your library.

As we are still currently in process of giving an AI base value to every coded cards, I would prefer to still use a basic ranking first then when it's done start tweaking it.

This ranking is not good at all, but that is the fastest only way we found in order to make draft mode playable asap.

Unless there is another way that can automatically and immediately add a value to 8000 cards (a bit less than half of the whole mtg cards are AI base value coded, from Old Ravnica to 2013) we'll have to deal with it.
stassy

Postby stassy » 04 Apr 2013, 13:39

AI doesn't seems able to block with Corpse Blockade

AI always target player creatures when playing Teetering Peaks
stassy

Postby Aquillion » 29 Apr 2013, 19:36

Not sure if this falls under "extreme multi-purpose", but the AI is pretty bad at using Cryptic Command. It will almost always choose to return a creature to your hand and to tap all of your creatures, even if that doesn't make sense and it ought to be drawing a card for one of those. I've seen it do it even when I only have one untapped creature out and it's returning that creature to my hand.

The main issue, as far as I can tell, is that it doesn't understand that it gets both effects (that is, it makes the choice for each effect without considering the other effect), so if there's a creature it wants to keep from blocking, it will try to deal with it twice.

Of course, Cryptic Command is such a good card that it tends to benefit them even when they're using it badly, so it might not be a pressing issue.
Aquillion

PreviousNext

Return to Bug Reports