It is currently 18 Apr 2024, 03:06

Text Size

CSV errors & Legacy/Effect cards with no text

Report wrong Card behavior to get it fixed.
PLEASE ADD SAVEGAMES TO YOUR TOPIC !

Moderators: BAgate, drool66, Aswan jaguar, gmzombie, stassy, CCGHQ Admins

Re: Legacy effect with no text

Postby Sonic » 24 Aug 2012, 23:21

Shinen of Life's Roar is a no go - as you suggest the Rules Engine produces the Effect Card, not Shinen of Life's Roar itself.

Sorceress Queen and Ivy Seer - all the Effect/Legacy Card Titles have had their titles changed to the name of the card that produces them.

Mana Drain - unfortunately this slipped through the filtering and will now have no title or text for the next release. This will be corrected in the following release.

Shisato, Whispering Hunter - added text to Effect Card Title and Text (not available in next release).

I'm currently working on the other sorely neglected text field - Damage Text.
The main card producers of these Effect Cards are those with 'deals * damage to target' in their Rules Text, so this is my starting point for the text entries for the Damage Cards.
Working On: Life, the Universe, and Everything.
Sonic
Apprentice

Postby stassy » 28 Aug 2012, 17:47

Skullbriar, the Walking Grave

Hornet Queen (in fact, deathtouch effect card attached to generated Insect token)

Tariel, Reckoner of Souls ("control" effect card attached to creatures stolen from opponent gy)

Through the Breach (effect card attached to creature picked from controller hand)

Metrognome (textless legacy effect card attached to gnome creature generated by Metrognome)

Gilded Drake (textless legacy effect card attached to Gilded Drake has an empty legacy Air Elemental card image while the exchanged creature has an empty legacy effect of Gilded Drake)
stassy

Postby Sonic » 30 Aug 2012, 00:20

stassy wrote:Skullbriar, the Walking Grave

Hornet Queen (in fact, deathtouch effect card attached to generated Insect token)

Tariel, Reckoner of Souls ("control" effect card attached to creatures stolen from opponent gy)

Through the Breach (effect card attached to creature picked from controller hand)

Metrognome (textless legacy effect card attached to gnome creature generated by Metrognome)

Gilded Drake (textless legacy effect card attached to Gilded Drake has an empty legacy Air Elemental card image while the exchanged creature has an empty legacy effect of Gilded Drake)
Nice work stassy, I've got all those now.

Although, I'm going to leave the effect text for Metrognome for the moment and report the card as having a bug, as it generates the 'Bottle Gnomes' card rather than the Gnome Token and doesn't actually need to produce an effect card.
I think this dates back to Manalink 2.0 - when, to save card slots, tokens were replaced with cards with the equivalent creature types to the token generated and the Effect Card Title was used to show the card represented a token.

Edit: :oops: I see you've already done it. :)
Sonic
Apprentice

Postby stassy » 30 Aug 2012, 06:09

Rain of Filth (effect card is not a legacy but the title is a custom one in order to fit small card size, dunno if it must be changed...)

Falter (custom title)

Lurking Evil (custom title on card effect attached to Lurking Evil Animated)

Also what about cards with Activation as title on card effect? There are a whole bunch of them and while it's not faithful to the card in term of gameplay the title "Activation" fit well...

Symbiosis (custom title)

Diabolic Servitude

Exhaustion (custom title)
stassy

Postby Sonic » 31 Aug 2012, 23:38

I've sent an updated Manalink.xls file to Gargaroz with the current corrections included.

As I said before, this includes all the Effect Card Titles being changed to the name of the card that generates them. So don't worry about the Titles they're all done.

The 'Activation' title shown in the Spell Stack can't be changed as it isn't actually taken from the Effect Card Title field in the Manalink.csv, it's generated by the game engine as part of the Spell Stack.
Sonic
Apprentice

Postby stassy » 03 Sep 2012, 10:54

Geist of Saint Traft (empty legacy card attached to token Angel)

Temporal Mastery

Aggravate (empty legacy card attached to all targeted player creature)

Caltrops (empty legacy card with custom title attached to all attacking creatures)

Hope and Glory

Second Chance

Vedalken Shackles

Planeswalker Nicol Bolas steal ability

Empty legacy card effect attached to creatures attacking a planeswalker
stassy

Postby Sonic » 07 Sep 2012, 00:18

Thanks stassy, done all those now - except for 'Empty legacy card effect attached to creatures attacking a planeswalker'.

I think these legacy cards must be directly generated by the C 'attack planeswalker' coding, as they do not take their Titles or Effect/Legacy Text from the Manalink.csv file.

Perhaps Gargaroz could look into it? Although, I don't see any necessary reason for having these cards displayed anyway.
Sonic
Apprentice

Postby Aswan jaguar » 07 Sep 2012, 04:40

Sonic wrote:
The other problem I've found is the one I mentioned earlier - that some cards produce more than one Effects Card in play for different effects. For example: Burr Grafter will display one Effects Card attached to a target creature for its 'Target creature gets +2/+2 until end of turn.' ability, and a separate card for the 'Soulshift (When this creature dies, you may return target Spirit card with converted mana cost 3 or less from your graveyard to your hand.)' effect.
And as the cards don't recognise the |#1, |#2, codes - both displayed Effects Cards will have to show both listed effects. But unfortunately there's not a lot I can do about that.
So Gargaroz has to fix this so both effects load the same displayed effect with both effects in it like the original cards do right?

Edit Swarm of Rats.
Benalish Veteran
Last edited by Aswan jaguar on 07 Sep 2012, 14:51, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: add
---
Trying to squash some bugs and playtesting.
Aswan jaguar
Super Tester Elite

Postby Sonic » 07 Sep 2012, 15:27

Aswan jaguar wrote:Sonic wrote:
The other problem I've found is the one I mentioned earlier - that some cards produce more than one Effects Card in play for different effects. For example: Burr Grafter will display one Effects Card attached to a target creature for its 'Target creature gets +2/+2 until end of turn.' ability, and a separate card for the 'Soulshift (When this creature dies, you may return target Spirit card with converted mana cost 3 or less from your graveyard to your hand.)' effect.
And as the cards don't recognise the |#1, |#2, codes - both displayed Effects Cards will have to show both listed effects. But unfortunately there's not a lot I can do about that.
So Gargaroz has to fix this so both effects load the same displayed effect with both effects in it like the original cards do right?

Edit Swarm of Rats.
If he knows how to. The problem is the same as the Hack/Sleight codes. How to successfully established how to link the C coding with the ASM coding which accesses the 'text manipulation' codes.

Mok seemed to think it wasn't a problem, but did say a few cards he found (Goblin King for one) had broken the coding, but he wasn't sure why.

I've got nothing for 'Swarm of Rats' - it didn't produce an effect card when I tried a number of them in play on their own. Are you sure the effect card wasn't generated by another card in play?
Sonic
Apprentice

Postby Aswan jaguar » 07 Sep 2012, 16:45

I don't know if it should have a legacy card but...
Attachments
swarm rats no text.png
---
Aswan jaguar
Super Tester Elite

Postby Aswan jaguar » 08 Sep 2012, 07:38

Sonic wrote:
If he knows how to. The problem is the same as the Hack/Sleight codes. How to successfully established how to link the C coding with the ASM coding which accesses the 'text manipulation' codes.

Mok seemed to think it wasn't a problem, but did say a few cards he found (Goblin King for one) had broken the coding, but he wasn't sure why.
I don't know if you have this behaviour but it seems ok:
For the target in Graveyard we can't see that effect as I think there is no effect coded by Microprose for cards chosen from graveyard.
Even Cyclopean Tomb which is card coded by Microprose has the 2 effects in same card.
Attachments
effect2.png
effect1.png
---
Aswan jaguar
Super Tester Elite

Postby Sonic » 08 Sep 2012, 12:39

Aswan jaguar wrote:I don't know if you have this behaviour but it seems ok:
For the target in Graveyard we can't see that effect as I think there is no effect coded by Microprose for cards chosen from graveyard.
Even Cyclopean Tomb which is card coded by Microprose has the 2 effects in same card.
No that isn't how it works - you shouldn't be able to see the |#1, |#2 codes when the Effects Cards are in play - these are supposed to act like the hack/sleight codes and are invisible to the user in play.

The |#1 identifies the first effect/ability and should show only the text following it in the generated effect card.
The |#2 identifies the second effect/ability and should show only the text following it in the second generated effect card.

Rainbow Knights has the entries:

Effect Title Text
|#1PowerUp Effect|#2Ability Effect

Effect Text
|#1Rainbow Knights get +|n/+0 until end of the turn.|#2Rainbow Knights gain first strike until end of the turn.

(The |n code in the Effect Text acts as a variable to calculate what the powerup value (x) is - this also doesn't work in the more recent cards.)

Try this:

Play Rainbow Knights and activate its PowerUp Effect and it will generate an Effect Card which reads:

PowerUp Effect
Rainbow Knights get +x/+0 until end of the turn.

Next activate Rainbow Knights Ability Effect in the same turn and it produces a second Effect Card which reads:

Ability Effect
Rainbow Knights gain first strike until end of the turn.

None of this works in the C coded cards, which is why you see the |#X codes and the text of both effects/abilities in the 2 effects cards generated by Burr Grafter.
Sonic
Apprentice

Postby stassy » 08 Sep 2012, 15:18

Sonic, did you take care also of Suspend cards like this one?

Also Maro has a surprisingly rare hidden legacy effect that only show up when attacking a planeswalker :

stassy

Postby Sonic » 08 Sep 2012, 22:15

stassy wrote:Sonic, did you take care also of Suspend cards?

Also Maro has a surprisingly rare hidden legacy effect that only show up when attacking a planeswalker :
No, sorry, I didn't get time to do all the Suspend cards before the next release.
Apart from the list of cards posted here, a few I've found myself, all the Equipment cards, and a mass of Damage Text entries, the only named abilities I've completed for the effects cards for the next release are Exalted, Soulshift, and Rebound.

I think Maro's effect card may have something to do with the C 'attack planeswalker' coding we discussed earlier.
Although, when I added text to Liliana Vess to see whether, as I reported, these blank Planeswalker attack Effects cards were using the text from the plainswalker entries in the manalink.csv, unlike Maro, it remained blank. So I'm not really sure what's going on there.

I'm going to have to wait till after the next release before exploring the issue further, as the Manalink.xls file I'm currently adding the corrections to is the file included in the next release. While I can test many of the corrections with this file, the file has all the new cards included in it and the coding and slot assignments aren't complete. So I can't be sure all the effects are working as they should at the moment.
Sonic
Apprentice

Postby Aswan jaguar » 09 Sep 2012, 16:50

Sonic wrote:
None of this works in the C coded cards, which is why you see the |#X codes and the text of both effects/abilities in the 2 effects cards generated by Burr Grafter.
This problem appears only for cards with 2 text effects only right?Because when it's only one ability it doesn't need the |#X code.If this code was needed for 1 ability cards too,you would see the code there too if the target was illegal(explain bellow).
I believe from little search that this happens because the one effect isn't "legal" doesn't have a correct target to change meaning like an ability,power/toughness (it is supposed to show changes of the abilities,power/toughness, etc of the card while it is on the battlefield).
For instance for Burr Grafter the pump ability works correctly and doesn't show the |#X codes see the first picture and correctly attaches to creature not floating as Enchantment.
But for the shoulshift ability which in fact is a Regrowth ability isn't supposed to be seen as Regrowth doesn't use text effect as it doesn't change something on the card but it just changes the status of the card(where the card is Graveyard,hand....)Probably that's why the engine can't figure the 2nd effect and shows both effects in an "global effect" card.
So we have to wonder if the Effect title and Effect Text is really needed for some cards and some abilities and target something "engine legal".
---
Aswan jaguar
Super Tester Elite

PreviousNext

Return to Bug Reports