It is currently 25 Apr 2024, 20:24

Text Size

MTG Gatherer Downloader

Moderator: CCGHQ Admins

Re: MTG Gatherer Downloader

Postby woogerboy21 » 04 Oct 2010, 14:32

Alright 2.5 is out. Updated alot of the image routines as well as some of the text spoiler routines. The tab delimited exporting should look correct now. Ended up using the checklist view as mentioned. Let me know if you run across any problems. I made a significant amount of changes in this release but am happy with the way it was acting during testing.

edit:
yvel - your number / color image naming option is now available
woogerboy21
HQ Team Member

Postby Huggybaby » 04 Oct 2010, 18:22

Awesome, thanks woogerboy21.
Huggybaby
Administrator

Postby woogerboy21 » 05 Oct 2010, 17:36

Alright version 2.6 is up. See update notes for details. You'll want to use version 2.6 over 2.5 due to invalid character file naming in version 2.5.

PresetM - Your type to type / subtype splitting has been implemented.
woogerboy21
HQ Team Member

Postby PresetM » 05 Oct 2010, 21:16

Thank you very much, now happy Gatherer ripping... :wink:
PresetM
HQ Team Member

Postby woogerboy21 » 06 Oct 2010, 16:08

PresetM wrote:Thank you very much, now happy Gatherer ripping... :wink:
Let me know if this isnt right but I split the type by "-"'s like you said and added the tab to type's that didn't have the "-" in the type card text.
woogerboy21
HQ Team Member

Postby woogerboy21 » 07 Oct 2010, 00:51

Alright another update. This little project has come a long way from were I started and originally invisioned. The most recent update includes a correction to the text exporting routines that could affect the text field information of a card. So if you use the text exporting functions better get the update. Other important updated features include name correction for split card and multi-version card for the selected application ... and ... wait for it... wait for it... it nows pulls all images for multiversion cards! So now you can get all the land images in a set, yippee!! (or version 2 - 4 of older set cards that had multiple images). See the update notes for all details. I think I have worked in all the functionality I originally had planned into this app so if anyone else has an idea on something else they want it to do let me know. And as usual if a bug is found let me know as well. Always up for fixing problems :)
woogerboy21
HQ Team Member

Postby Huggybaby » 07 Oct 2010, 04:20

A couple of things,

It says I don't have permission to create the folder, when I do. And the error keeps popping up over and over until I terminate an mshta process.

Also, the program window is very unresponsive during the time the program is verifying connectivity.

Thanks. :)
Huggybaby
Administrator

Postby woogerboy21 » 07 Oct 2010, 04:26

Huggybaby wrote:A couple of things,

It says I don't have permission to create the folder, when I do. And the error keeps popping up over and over until I terminate an mshta process.

Also, the program window is very unresponsive during the time the program is verifying connectivity.

Which set are you trying to download? And the verifying connectivity routines haven't changed. Those routines are dependant on 3 main factors, 1 your internet, 2 the gatherer's response time, and 3 the response time of the www.slightlymagic.net site. Oh and what version are you running? I noticed this error a couple releases back when some of the set names had invalid file name characters in them. Can you verify permissions on the target folder? And can you give an example of the folder path that your trying to save the images to? (want to make sure its nothing with path formating that the script might not be handling correctly)

Also if others can give it a shot and see if things are working for them and report any problems that would help out. I run it and don't have problems but I wrote it and would like to try and replicate any problems others are having.
woogerboy21
HQ Team Member

Postby PresetM » 07 Oct 2010, 05:59

Let me know if this isnt right but I split the type by "-"'s like you said and added the tab to type's that didn't have the "-" in the type card text.
It is not fully working. There's an extra column now for the subtype, but no subtype in it. May be, you check for " - " (normal hyphen), but it is a long hyphen instead (" — ").
Another thought comes in my mind: why not also separate Power/Toughness?

For split cards the card name is correct, yes, but the card you'll find two times in the list and every time only the card text for the first card appears. The card should be only one time in the downloaded data, but should contain both card texts separated by "//" (if this is possible).

I will send you a suggestion regarding the UI within the next days, as I promised (I'm working on it already, but today and tomorrow unfortunately I have no time).
PresetM
HQ Team Member

Postby woogerboy21 » 07 Oct 2010, 17:04

PresetM wrote:It is not fully working. There's an extra column now for the subtype, but no subtype in it. May be, you check for " - " (normal hyphen), but it is a long hyphen instead (" — ").
Yea looks like the newer sets use a different character than the older sets I was testing it on. I'll look into fixing this for the newer sets.
Another thought comes in my mind: why not also separate Power/Toughness?
Can do.

For split cards the card name is correct, yes, but the card you'll find two times in the list and every time only the card text for the first card appears. The card should be only one time in the downloaded data, but should contain both card texts separated by "//" (if this is possible).
This would take some thought on how to do, it wouldnt be easy. I'll double check how the output looks now and may need to make some adjustments. I probably could output the cardname part easily so you would end up with one line that would say boom and have the associated card info and the other say bust and have the associated card info fairly easily.

I will send you a suggestion regarding the UI within the next days, as I promised (I'm working on it already, but today and tomorrow unfortunately I have no time).
Cool, no rush. The world wont end for magic :D
woogerboy21
HQ Team Member

Postby Huggybaby » 07 Oct 2010, 17:55

woogerboy21 wrote:
Huggybaby wrote:A couple of things,

Which set are you trying to download? And the verifying connectivity routines haven't changed. Those routines are dependant on 3 main factors, 1 your internet, 2 the gatherer's response time, and 3 the response time of the http://www.slightlymagic.net site. Oh and what version are you running? I noticed this error a couple releases back when some of the set names had invalid file name characters in them. Can you verify permissions on the target folder? And can you give an example of the folder path that your trying to save the images to? (want to make sure its nothing with path formating that the script might not be handling correctly)

Also if others can give it a shot and see if things are working for them and report any problems that would help out. I run it and don't have problems but I wrote it and would like to try and replicate any problems others are having.
I'm running the latest version you posted (v27). I've tried downloading Scars of Mirrodin and Shards of Alara. I'm downloading to the default path of C:\Images. I'm running as Admin so I have all priveleges.

OK, I made it work by creating a C:\Images folder. I thought the app would do it. Sorry for he confusion.
Huggybaby
Administrator

Postby woogerboy21 » 07 Oct 2010, 17:58

Huggybaby wrote:OK, I made it work by creating a C:\Images folder. I thought the app would do it. Sorry for he confusion.
Nope it wont create the base folder, it expects it to be there. But with your posting it prompted me to write in some basic error checking so it shouldn't continue to popup error after error if an error occurs. :D New version should be out soon with this and a few other bug fixes.
woogerboy21
HQ Team Member

Postby woogerboy21 » 07 Oct 2010, 18:01

PresetM wrote:For split cards the card name is correct, yes, but the card you'll find two times in the list and every time only the card text for the first card appears. The card should be only one time in the downloaded data, but should contain both card texts separated by "//" (if this is possible).
So I just pulled the dissensions spoiler and show the text for both cards split by the "//" like you describe. There is two listings for the card (since the gatherer actually shows a listing for each divided card). Are you not seeing both sets of text on a single card line divided like you want?

example:
Code: Select all
Crime // Punishment   GOLD   3WB   2   Sorcery            Put target creature or enchantment card in an opponent's graveyard into play under your control.  //  Punishment  XBG  Sorcery  Destroy each artifact, creature, and enchantment with converted mana cost X.      Rare   150   Randy Gallegos
(boy that formating sucked on the copy/paste)
woogerboy21
HQ Team Member

Postby woogerboy21 » 08 Oct 2010, 16:35

Alright new versions out. (2.8v) Check the release notes for details. Major things about this update would be the error checking (Huggybaby, this should fix your constant popup issue you experienced as well as stop the app if an error occurs), tab delimited exporting updated (PresetM - subtype splitting fixed for new sets and - in text correctly placed rather than funky characters) and Aether word being spelled without funky characters. Also if you run into a problem there should be a log file created (mtggid.log) that outputs the error. As always let me know of any problems.
woogerboy21
HQ Team Member

Postby woogerboy21 » 12 Oct 2010, 05:10

v2.9 is up. Added the application "wagic" support to the app. From what I can tell it works but I haven't done extensive testing with wagic.
woogerboy21
HQ Team Member

PreviousNext

Return to Utilities