It is currently 26 Apr 2024, 20:24

Text Size

MTG Gatherer Downloader

Moderator: CCGHQ Admins

Re: MTG Gatherer Downloader

Postby woogerboy21 » 27 Sep 2010, 05:21

Alright version 2.3 is out. Main update is to the text spoiler functions. The name identified in the text spoilers now should be in the language selected.

Also PresetM let me know if the "single card number only" option is what your looking for. If not let me know.
woogerboy21
HQ Team Member

Postby PresetM » 27 Sep 2010, 08:45

The name identified in the text spoilers now should be in the language selected.
It works well now, thank you.
Also PresetM let me know if the "single card number only" option is what your looking for.
Unfortunately not. It should be the same like 'full text spoiler' (only one file), but includes only 'name' and 'number'.
PresetM
HQ Team Member

Postby woogerboy21 » 27 Sep 2010, 16:56

New update out. Not sure I am to fond of the new UI look but rather than take request on possible output options I thought it would be better for the user to be able to select what data would be available in the spoiler output. Relabeled some things in the UI to try and better explain what they do / are. Hope I didn't make it to confusing.

PresetM - This should get you what your looking for. You have the option now of selecting what you want in the text output. "single card" text output makes a single text file for each card and puts the selected text you choose in it. various "spoiler" options puts all choosen content into a single file in more of a "spoiler" style output.
woogerboy21
HQ Team Member

Postby yvel » 29 Sep 2010, 12:18

Hi,
is that possible to get the image classed by Colector_number, instead by name ?
#001, #002 ... ...
yvel

Postby woogerboy21 » 29 Sep 2010, 13:29

yvel wrote:Hi,
is that possible to get the image classed by Colector_number, instead by name ?
#001, #002 ... ...
Its not an option in the current version but I could easily add that into the application. Were you thinking the cards be named with the number in the file name, something like 001_cardname.jpg and for color something like white_cardname.jpg or did you have something else in mind?
woogerboy21
HQ Team Member

Postby yvel » 29 Sep 2010, 15:22

Hi,
001_Cardname.jpg should be perfect ! But I need it by Collector number like next to the copyright 001/249, 002/249 ... 249/249.

Thanks a lot for your help.
yvel

Postby woogerboy21 » 29 Sep 2010, 18:02

yvel wrote:Hi,
001_Cardname.jpg should be perfect ! But I need it by Collector number like next to the copyright 001/249, 002/249 ... 249/249.

Thanks a lot for your help.
Can do, but one thing to note. To locate the card detail information off the gatherer and name the file according to an aspect of the card will cause download times to increase. The current method that the image download uses simply pulls the name from the gatherer off the first set list page and does not query any additional information. With the change you want it will need to look up more details about the card before pulling the image down. So speeds will vary. I'll add the options and if you don't like the time it takes to pull down simply dont use the new option :D (Just wanted to give you a heads up)
woogerboy21
HQ Team Member

Postby orban » 29 Sep 2010, 18:20

-
Last edited by orban on 04 Jan 2021, 00:20, edited 1 time in total.
orban

Postby woogerboy21 » 29 Sep 2010, 20:05

orban wrote:The card number is included in the checklist:
http://gatherer.wizards.com/Pages/Searc ... list&set=|[%22Scars+of+Mirrodin%22]

So you could use that format to pull the card number.
I already have a routine that collects all the card information but thank you. The current problem is to find out all the cards in a set I first must query the gatherer for the set information which gives me some minor information (such as multiverseid and card name) but does not give me the details of the card (such as artist, number etc). To find all that details of a card out I have to call a second query to the gatherer pulling all the additional detailed information.

In the current implementation, since there is no single view that will tell me both the complete set list and all card details, to pull just images I can call a simple query to get set information that shows me the name list and the multiverse id of the card for that particular set and the download of the image can be made without knowing any other information. I can completly bypass the second query for further card details. But to have special naming structures containing card specific details both queries need to be performed to obtain all the needed information. Which is what is going to cause the increase of time. Again its minor adjustment that will be made as an option so you can always choose between the two types of methods to use. And really the speed is highly dependant on the connection type you have to the internet. Some people probably won't even see a difference were as others may. Don't worry about it and let me get it worked in and see what kind of impact it will have. If you already use the text spoiler functionality or alternate language other than english you're already pulling both sets of data :P

I'll try and get it worked in soon, right after I get done working on some updates to the pricing scripts for the MA application. (Multilanguage pricing support here we come yippeee!!)
woogerboy21
HQ Team Member

Postby orban » 29 Sep 2010, 20:14

-
Last edited by orban on 04 Jan 2021, 00:19, edited 1 time in total.
orban

Postby PresetM » 30 Sep 2010, 15:42

Hannes: How can I get a French or German check list using the Gatherer dialog? Every time when I select another language than English I get no results on the Gatherer page? What I'm doing wrong?

woogerboy21: I will answer you PM on weekend. Sorry for the delay.
PresetM
HQ Team Member

Postby woogerboy21 » 30 Sep 2010, 15:59

PresetM wrote:Hannes: How can I get a French or German check list using the Gatherer dialog? Every time when I select another language than English I get no results on the Gatherer page? What I'm doing wrong?

woogerboy21: I will answer you PM on weekend. Sorry for the delay.
No problem. And my $0.02 on the checklist question. I haven't been able to locate a checklist view for language other than english. I have adapted the downloader to use the checklist view since it does appear to work out quicker using that page as a set to card listing (as well as give other identifiable card details without additional queries) but to get any non-english information or all the card details I still have to query the gatherer a second time. If you happen to find a way to get non-engish information on any other page than the languages tab from a card details screen let me know. Until then I hope to release a new version here soon adding some options for card naming (as requested) as well as being able to keep the set information so you don't have to keep downloading it over and over.
woogerboy21
HQ Team Member

Postby orban » 30 Sep 2010, 16:05

-
Last edited by orban on 04 Jan 2021, 00:18, edited 1 time in total.
orban

Postby woogerboy21 » 30 Sep 2010, 16:18

Does anyone see a reason to name the card image names with there respective language spelling rather than the english version or is that a useless option?
woogerboy21
HQ Team Member

Postby PresetM » 30 Sep 2010, 19:10

I haven't been able to locate a checklist view for language other than english.
I haven't managed to do that either.
But this nice script do such things! =D>
PresetM
HQ Team Member

PreviousNext

Return to Utilities