It is currently 26 Apr 2024, 12:51

Text Size

MTG Gatherer Downloader

Moderator: CCGHQ Admins

Re: MTG Gatherer Downloader

Postby woogerboy21 » 15 Sep 2010, 20:47

deurk wrote:Actually both, but each in it's own language pass, so I'd say foreign
Alright added the ability to export card text. I've only tested it with english cards but the settings should work with other languages (crossing fingures). Let me know if you run into issue's. Im sure there is some other funky card formating out on the gatherer that I didnt run across in my testing so if you find any let me know the card name and set its from and I will take a look. I still need to work on special character cases (such as the word AEther being spelled wrong). Ill eventually get those things worked out. :roll:
woogerboy21
HQ Team Member

Postby woogerboy21 » 20 Sep 2010, 19:16

Vesion 1.8 is up. Added the ability to choose the mode you want the application to run in. Image only will download only images. Text only will only download text. And Image & Text will do both.
woogerboy21
HQ Team Member

Postby Chubby » 21 Sep 2010, 06:43

I have problems downloading this application.

Either I get a "hollow" download where winrar tells me the file is either incomplete or damaged.

Or else I get an errormessage when trying to download saying that the source could not be read.
Chubby

Postby woogerboy21 » 21 Sep 2010, 11:34

Chubby wrote:I have problems downloading this application.

Either I get a "hollow" download where winrar tells me the file is either incomplete or damaged.

Or else I get an errormessage when trying to download saying that the source could not be read.
Thats odd. I just tried to download it from the site and it came down fine. I don't use winrar though, I use 7zip or the built in zip utility from windows 7. Have you tried a different zipping utility rather than winrar?

edit:
The other thing I thought of is , are you running any antivirus software? If so what type? This is a guess (and only a guess) but since an .hta file is basicly a script with a web front end there might be some issues with antivirus programs that filter out script files from downloads. Just a guess though.
woogerboy21
HQ Team Member

Postby Chubby » 21 Sep 2010, 14:01

I just downloaded it on another computer, copied to the original machine and extracted it.

It works that way - thx.
Chubby

Postby woogerboy21 » 24 Sep 2010, 00:48

version 1.9 has, what i think, major additions to application functionality. Now you have the power to create spoilers (in different languages even!). As always let me know if there is any issue's you experience.
woogerboy21
HQ Team Member

Postby woogerboy21 » 24 Sep 2010, 14:12

Sorry for the broken update version 1.9. I have removed it and replaced it with 2.0. See change log, had an incorrect URL text string for the scars set so all you would ever get is the first page of images over and over and over.... DOH!
woogerboy21
HQ Team Member

Postby woogerboy21 » 25 Sep 2010, 00:50

Alright managed to somehow mess up most the text capturing of the mana cost in the text boxes when collecting the card information for outputing. Fixed it. I have been able to successfully pull full spoilers of the SOM set so things should be fixed now. Sorry for all the updates in one day but just wanted things working right.
woogerboy21
HQ Team Member

Postby yvel » 26 Sep 2010, 16:09

Hello,
when i try to download the last version , i have a message error from my antisvirus software (Avast) :
trojan horse warning.
yvel

Postby woogerboy21 » 26 Sep 2010, 18:46

yvel wrote:Hello,
when i try to download the last version , i have a message error from my antisvirus software (Avast) :
trojan horse warning.
Interesting. What antivirus software package are you using? I just updated my def files and scanned things on my local machine and come up with nothing.

edit:
I also just downloaded the file from the site and scanned it and didn't find anything. Check to make sure your antivirus isnt flagging .hta files as virus's by default. They are simply html code with vbscript in them and some of the larger named antivirus software packages (such as norton) simply flag all scripts as "trojans". How ever if anyone else would like to confirm if the find anything let me know and from what antivirus package.
woogerboy21
HQ Team Member

Postby Huggybaby » 26 Sep 2010, 20:41

It's a false positive woogerboy, I wouldn't spend any more time on it.
Huggybaby
Administrator

Postby PresetM » 26 Sep 2010, 22:56

I've just checked your script. Hey, that's a great and useful tool. Thank you very much. =D>
Is there an option for downloading card names (for the selected language) together with card number only?
Keep up the good work.
PresetM
HQ Team Member

Postby woogerboy21 » 26 Sep 2010, 23:29

PresetM wrote:I've just checked your script. Hey, that's a great and useful tool. Thank you very much. =D>
Is there an option for downloading card names (for the selected language) together with card number only?
Keep up the good work.
Are you wanting the card images downloaded and named with the card number in the name? Or are you wanting the text name and inside the text file have the card number? Or were you thinking something else?

One thing I would like to work in is a text spoiler option that will import into MWS but everytime I have tried to create a text spoiler for MWS it says my syntax is incorrect and haven't figured out what I am doing wrong.
woogerboy21
HQ Team Member

Postby PresetM » 27 Sep 2010, 01:28

Or are you wanting the text name and inside the text file have the card number?
Exactly. And it seems, there is another problem. When I select 'full spoiler' and 'German' I got the German card text and English card name.
PresetM
HQ Team Member

Postby woogerboy21 » 27 Sep 2010, 02:10

PresetM wrote:
Or are you wanting the text name and inside the text file have the card number?
Exactly. And it seems, there is another problem. When I select 'full spoiler' and 'German' I got the German card text and English card name.
I'll get the option to have the text doc with just the number inside for you. As far as the german text spoiler and it having the english name. That is what is shown on the gatherer when I goto the german version of the card. Is there another way to actually show the german name on the gatherer? The page that the data is pulled from is what is listed on the "printed" form of the language page. Similar to this link Abuna Acolyte

edit:
I just realized that the card name is on the page in its respective language. Its just not next to the "Card Name" indicator on the page.
woogerboy21
HQ Team Member

PreviousNext

Return to Utilities