It is currently 16 Apr 2024, 06:48

Text Size

MTG Image Renamer

Moderator: CCGHQ Admins

Re: MTG Image Renamer

Postby Cursor » 15 Oct 2010, 12:17

Another MtG app that uses the images is LackeyCCG. Haven't seen much mention of it on these boards, so hopefully it's not a banned subject. The MtG plugin for it has all the cards in consistent HQ, using what appears to be a similar directory structure as MWS. (I didn't verify that 100%) But each image file is a number, instead of a name (ie: 1.jpg instead of <cardname>.jpg.) Not sure if the # corresponds to the official collector number in each set.
Cursor

Postby Huggybaby » 15 Oct 2010, 17:33

Lackey is not banned, we have no banned subjects here. We don't talk about Lackey much because they have their own very nice website and forum, and they predate CCGHQ.

Lackey is a perfect subject for this forum! :)
Huggybaby
Administrator

Postby woogerboy21 » 15 Oct 2010, 19:31

I am more than willing to work in any application to the hta's I write but would need to know some information about the applications to do so. So if you would like an app worked in let me know.
woogerboy21
HQ Team Member

Postby ajcgr » 08 Dec 2010, 14:15

It's possible in the next version, add the option MWS to Forge?

Include:
* Replace blank space by this character _
* Delete apostrophe for example: Nissa's Chosen.full.jpg by Nissas_Chosen.jpg
* And delete the extension .full

ajcgr

Postby woogerboy21 » 08 Dec 2010, 14:52

ajcgr wrote:It's possible in the next version, add the option MWS to Forge?

Include:
* Replace blank space by this character _
* Delete apostrophe for example: Nissa's Chosen.full.jpg by Nissas_Chosen.jpg
* And delete the extension .full

How does Forge handle split card names or multi card numbers? For Example how would the card Assault / Battery be handled or basic lands such as Forest 1, Forest 2, Forest 3 etc?

edit:
also what is the folder structure forge uses? same as magic workstation?
woogerboy21
HQ Team Member

Postby woogerboy21 » 08 Dec 2010, 20:20

Might be a bit early but couldn't wait for a response since I found a bug that was bothering me mainly. Check out version 0.4. Update details can be found in the zip along with on the main page but should add the forge requested changes (may need a bit tweaking). I encourage others that are using the v0.3 to use v0.4 due to the bug I found.
woogerboy21
HQ Team Member

Postby tojammot » 05 Feb 2011, 07:36

I have it set up to copy from Magic Album to MWS and starts converting only it adds a period to the beginning of the card name. Does anyone know what I'm doing wrong?
tojammot

Postby woogerboy21 » 06 Feb 2011, 00:13

tojammot wrote:I have it set up to copy from Magic Album to MWS and starts converting only it adds a period to the beginning of the card name. Does anyone know what I'm doing wrong?
Can you give me more information about your setup and describe your issue a bit more. Is the periods happening on every card in every set, or are you just seeing it happen in one set and stopping? Is the name of the target cards correct (with the exception of the period). Also can you give an example of the path to a MWS picture that is having the conversion name problems as well as the destination folder path? I have never heard of this issue yet from anyone but would like to test the renamer with a setup similar to what you have to see if I can reproduce the problem.
woogerboy21
HQ Team Member

Postby T-Rez » 29 Jun 2011, 07:59

I can't thank you enough for this program. I downloaded a HQ cardpic torrent but the filenames did not match the Forge naming convention. I literally spent about 3 hours today searching around for a vbs script that could replace spaces in filenames with underscores and could not find one. This program took care of everything with no hassles.

edit: Just noticed today that it does not name cards with multiple versions within a set properly for Forge. For instance, it copied over "Agent_of_Stromgald_[1].jpg" when it would have to be "Agent_of_Stromgald1.jpg" for Forge to see it.

Is it possible to write a batch file or a visual basic script that would delete all brackets and delete the underscore before a bracket on all files within the subfolders that it is executed in?
T-Rez

Postby woogerboy21 » 30 Jun 2011, 19:06

T-Rez wrote:I can't thank you enough for this program. I downloaded a HQ cardpic torrent but the filenames did not match the Forge naming convention. I literally spent about 3 hours today searching around for a vbs script that could replace spaces in filenames with underscores and could not find one. This program took care of everything with no hassles.

edit: Just noticed today that it does not name cards with multiple versions within a set properly for Forge. For instance, it copied over "Agent_of_Stromgald_[1].jpg" when it would have to be "Agent_of_Stromgald1.jpg" for Forge to see it.

Is it possible to write a batch file or a visual basic script that would delete all brackets and delete the underscore before a bracket on all files within the subfolders that it is executed in?
Here you go. Let me know if something doesn't work like expected. Someday I may get around to updating the HTA code correctly.
Attachments
correctbrackets.zip
(1.44 KiB) Downloaded 602 times
woogerboy21
HQ Team Member

Postby T-Rez » 30 Jun 2011, 20:27

woogerboy21 wrote:
Here you go. Let me know if something doesn't work like expected. Someday I may get around to updating the HTA code correctly.
Thank you. This got rid of all of the brackets, but the underscore before the number still remains (ie: Forest_1) so Forge still won't see them. This was still a big help though because it's a lot easier to manually erase just the underscore before the number.

It shouldn't be that bad because I mostly stick with sealed mode in one block before moving to the next. So I will just fix each block as I get to it. Once again, thank you very much for the time and effort you have invested into this program.

edit: I found a program called Winsome File Renamer that has a pretty easy to use interface. To correct the issue with multiple versions in the same set I replaced all instances of "_1", "_2", etc. with "1", "2", etc.

Then I found out that filenames with commas won't be seen in Forge either. So I had it delete all instances of ",". The trial only allows for 1000 filename changes but it was enough after using MTG Image Renamer and the above script to do the majority of the work.
T-Rez

Postby woogerboy21 » 06 Jul 2011, 17:36

T-Rez wrote:
woogerboy21 wrote:
Thank you. This got rid of all of the brackets, but the underscore before the number still remains (ie: Forest_1) so Forge still won't see them. This was still a big help though because it's a lot easier to manually erase just the underscore before the number.

It shouldn't be that bad because I mostly stick with sealed mode in one block before moving to the next. So I will just fix each block as I get to it. Once again, thank you very much for the time and effort you have invested into this program.

edit: I found a program called Winsome File Renamer that has a pretty easy to use interface. To correct the issue with multiple versions in the same set I replaced all instances of "_1", "_2", etc. with "1", "2", etc.

Then I found out that filenames with commas won't be seen in Forge either. So I had it delete all instances of ",". The trial only allows for 1000 filename changes but it was enough after using MTG Image Renamer and the above script to do the majority of the work.
Can you give me an example of what a card with multiple images should be named? Say the card "Forest" for example.

Edit:
I also made a mistake of putting the wrong version of the script out on my first post that contained the _'s in the file name and corrected it by editing the post. You may have happened to download the older version but the version posted in the post just a few above this one should output file names that do not contain the "_" character in there final name.
woogerboy21
HQ Team Member

Postby T-Rez » 07 Jul 2011, 02:10

woogerboy21 wrote:
Can you give me an example of what a card with multiple images should be named? Say the card "Forest" for example.

Edit:
I also made a mistake of putting the wrong version of the script out on my first post that contained the _'s in the file name and corrected it by editing the post. You may have happened to download the older version but the version posted in the post just a few above this one should output file names that do not contain the "_" character in there final name.
Here is an example of how a card with multiple versions within the same set should be named for Forge: "Aesthir_Glider1". It should not have a "_" in between the name and version number (ie: "Aesthir_Glider_1" would not work).

The HQ images I downloaded were originally named like this: "Aesthir Glider [1]"

MTG Image Renamer changed them to: "Aesthir_Glider_[1]"

Then the script you posted here changed it to: "Aesthir_Glider_1". I don't know if maybe I downloaded it before you edited your post with a newer version so maybe it behaves differently now.
T-Rez

Postby TranceWarp » 20 Jul 2011, 20:03

woogerboy21 wrote:So I have downloaded the wagic program ane ran it on my pc. Maybe this is a questioin for frwololo but is there a way to see a listing of all the cards in the program? I thought possibly through deck editor but it appears to only show 10E.

Also I will have to work in a method to naming the multiversion cards by multiverseid.
When you start playing Wagic, Only 10E is available to you. You have to play games or complete story mode about 95 times in order to unlock all of the other sets normally.

For "development purposes," you can use a special cheat...go into Options and create a new profile called "Maxglee" (The M must be capitalized for this to work). This will unlock all sets. As for the other "features" of this cheat, you're on your own. :D
TranceWarp

Previous

Return to Utilities