It is currently 16 Apr 2024, 04:03

Text Size

[REL] Riiak's DotP 2013 Deck Builder v1.4.2.1

Moderator: CCGHQ Admins

Re: [REL] Riiak's DotP 2013 Deck Builder v1.4.2.1

Postby RiiakShiNal » 24 Jun 2013, 00:52

I see the problem now, when I changed over the function to add columns, I inadvertently used "LocalizedName" instead of "LocalizedCardName" for those views. You can fix it by opening your Settings.xml and changing these settings:
  • Settings\DeckCardViewColumns\Column:Name\DataProperty
  • Settings\RegularUnlocksViewColumns\Column:Name\DataProperty
  • Settings\PromoUnlocksViewColumns\Column:Name\DataProperty
To "LocalizedCardName" instead of "LocalizedName".

I will have this corrected in the code shortly.

castled wrote:maybe another problem, program becomes no response, when I double click the gap between columns. it was work to grow column's width at left side of gap, to show all text in column.
------ I install too many deck
Doing a double-click on between columns to resize can take a while because it has to check the values of every card in the list to figure out the size the column should be.

Edit: v1.4.2.1 is now up, if you are suffering from the card names not showing up in the Deck, Regular Unlocks, and Promo Unlocks, you can either correct it as I described earlier in this post, or you can delete the Settings.xml file and let v1.4.2.1 fix it.
RiiakShiNal
Programmer

Postby castled » 24 Jun 2013, 05:11

how to replace a card of a deck in different WAD?

In my deck, I use a card Glimmervoid_624344 in Deck_0623_ST, I find this card miss its TDX file.
so I copy a new same XML , and put it into DATA_DLC_DECK_BUILDER_CUSTOM which deck builder created, and make a TDX for it in DATA_DLC_DECK_BUILDER_CUSTOM.
after reboot the builder, new card have a good view in list. then I try to replace it into my deck. but I failed. after reboot the builder, Glimmervoid_624344 is still the old one in deck, without TDX view, link to Deck_0623_ST. :(
castled

Postby castled » 24 Jun 2013, 08:00

#-o oh, I find a way.
I rename the new one, e.g. GLIMMERVOID_624344.XML to GLIMMERVOID_624344_IB.XML, and change the <FILENAME text="" /> in the same way.
use this new one to replace, it's work!
castled

Postby RiiakShiNal » 24 Jun 2013, 11:25

If all you wanted to do was add the picture then all you had to do was place an appropriately named image in the case of sumomole's Glimmervoid you only needed to place an image named 624344.TDX. Images and Cards are shared between Wads, so as long as the card is good then there is no need to change the card.

Also the builder chooses cards on a first-come, first-served method by the card's filename so sometimes the builder will choose a card from one wad while the game will choose from another wad (the game uses a priority system for choosing which card to use based on the card's filename).
RiiakShiNal
Programmer

Postby castled » 24 Jun 2013, 11:46

RiiakShiNal wrote:Also the builder chooses cards on a first-come, first-served method by the card's filename so sometimes the builder will choose a card from one wad while the game will choose from another wad (the game uses a priority system for choosing which card to use based on the card's filename).
#-o thanks for answer
in other word, I think it means a very dangerous detail --- different code in the same-name-file, game will make a random choose... well, I decide to move all cards I used into my WAD, and make some special mark for them
thanks again!
castled

Postby RiiakShiNal » 24 Jun 2013, 12:27

castled wrote: #-o thanks for answer
in other word, I think it means a very dangerous detail --- different code in the same-name-file, game will make a random choose... well, I decide to move all cards I used into my WAD, and make some special mark for them
thanks again!
Some mods conflict with other mods, that is nothing new we have been coping with that since we started modding for DotP 2013. If you read through all the discussions that have gone on since we all started modding for DotP 2013 we have come to some realizations and many of us are planning to prefix all our work for DotP 2014 to reduce and hopefully eliminate that sort of conflict. We learned about this a bit late in the game for 2013 to change how we were doing things as there were already several mods built using the major mods (kevlahnota's Community Mod [0999], thefiremind's mod [1999], my mod [8192], sumomole's mod [0621-0653], etc...) as dependencies.

The choice the game makes as to what card to use is not random, but neither is the exact algorithm it uses known, so we make an educated guess as to what will be used. Sometimes we also specifically use this overriding to our advantage. Like thefiremind's Core Fixes mod [1000] specifically uses this overriding feature to fix the official cards. The cosmetic mods also use this type of overriding to change graphics in the game.

We have a page for registering the prefixes and blocks that people are planning to use for 2014, though not many people have reserved a prefix or block yet.
2014 Prefix/Id Registry

We also have pages for what we believe to be best practices for both 2013 and 2014 (content may change as we learn more).
2013 Best Practices
2014 Best Practices
RiiakShiNal
Programmer

Postby castled » 24 Jun 2013, 13:53

#-o Is there a list to check out if any ID is conflict?
I found no any mod about Argivian_Find, so I made a card Argivian_Find_1085 yestoday, use 1085.TDX as its image. but I wonder if there is already a 1085.TDX for another card. also my deck DECK_1085_ST.WAD

I also like to fix the TDX which maks cards too shine to read.
castled

Postby RiiakShiNal » 24 Jun 2013, 17:40

castled wrote:#-o Is there a list to check out if any ID is conflict?
No, there is no list of IDs.

castled wrote:I found no any mod about Argivian_Find, so I made a card Argivian_Find_1085 yestoday, use 1085.TDX as its image. but I wonder if there is already a 1085.TDX for another card. also my deck DECK_1085_ST.WAD
You could always do an advanced search and do a String filter for Image Filename of 1085 (omit the .TDX as card XMLs do not contain the extension).

castled wrote:I also like to fix the TDX which maks cards too shine to read.
To fix that, compress the images.
RiiakShiNal
Programmer

Postby -Sekki- » 30 Jun 2013, 16:10

How do you add mana symbols to custom decks in game? is it automatic or do you need to make them?
-Sekki-

Postby RiiakShiNal » 30 Jun 2013, 16:33

-Sekki- wrote:How do you add mana symbols to custom decks in game? is it automatic or do you need to make them?
For decks made with this builder this is automatic, the builder figures out what colours are in the deck and then sets the appropriate is_<colour> attributes in the Deck XML. The goal of the builder was to make the whole process easier, and setting deck colour is something that can be done automatically, so the builder does it.

It figures out what colours are in the deck by looking at each card in the deck and pulling the colours from the card. This means that if even one card has a colour the deck will have that colour in it. So for example you have a deck that is mostly black but has one card that is Blue/Black then the builder will set the colours of the deck as Blue & Black.
RiiakShiNal
Programmer

Postby -Sekki- » 30 Jun 2013, 17:18

Ah i see, mine is all artifacts so that's why im guessing it doesn't appear, despite the fact it uses all red mana. no worries then!

Btw the search function seems to missing a lot of cards, im having a hard time finding specific lands (for example Cloudpost is unsearchable)

Finally, one last possibly stupid quesiton lol, but does the editor only fine cards you've installed? so if you install none, then it would only fine the default cards correct? If so, i don't want all decks to appear in the game, but obviously, i have downloaded as many as possible, is there any other folder you can put them in so the program still finds them, but the decks dont appear in game? That would make it easy to find my decks etc.
-Sekki-

Postby RiiakShiNal » 30 Jun 2013, 17:56

-Sekki- wrote:Ah i see, mine is all artifacts so that's why im guessing it doesn't appear, despite the fact it uses all red mana. no worries then!
If a deck has no colours (all artifacts, colourless land, eldrazi, etc...) then it should not have any colour symbols in game (regardless of what colour of mana is produced) because the deck is colourless.

-Sekki- wrote:Btw the search function seems to missing a lot of cards, im having a hard time finding specific lands (for example Cloudpost is unsearchable)
The Deck Builder does not have a search function. It has filtering functions. Searching would simply highlight one or more items in a list, filtering hides all items that don't fit a certain criteria.

As for Filtering for Cloudpost, I'm not seeing any problem. I can successfully filter on card name for "cloudpost" in both the regular and advanced filters and it comes up without problem. If you are using the basic filtering then Cloudpost may be filtered out due to one of the other filters. With Advanced Filtering you can see all of the filters that will be checked and if Cloudpost does not fit within that logic it will be filtered out. Some cards will always be filtered out using the basic filters (like invisible tokens, because they lack Card types), but may not be filtered out using the advanced filters.

-Sekki- wrote:Finally, one last possibly stupid quesiton lol, but does the editor only fine cards you've installed? so if you install none, then it would only fine the default cards correct?
That's right. The editor will only find cards that you have installed (as those are the only ones that the game will find). If you have no cards installed then there will be none listed in the builder. (Cards in official wads are still cards you have installed.)

-Sekki- wrote:If so, i don't want all decks to appear in the game, but obviously, i have downloaded as many as possible, is there any other folder you can put them in so the program still finds them, but the decks dont appear in game? That would make it easy to find my decks etc.
No, the Builder will only look in the game directory and will only find cards/decks that you have installed. If a deck has cards included in it and you remove it then you will have removed the cards in that wad as well and any deck that depends on those cards will not work properly.

This gets back to whether the mod creator separated out the cards into a core wad and decks into separate deck wads or not. For example with mine and thefiremind's mod you can remove our decks, but all of our cards will still be available (assuming you left the core wad from the mods installed).

My builder follows a best practice of NOT including cards in a deck wad. This is also why the builder will provide a readme listing the wads upon which the deck you created is dependent.
RiiakShiNal
Programmer

Postby vusak » 01 Jul 2013, 00:50

are you planning on incorporating sealed deck editing into your program?

i ask because the profile editing is very straight forward with that hasher you wrote, and the UI in your editor is already good and working.
vusak

Postby RiiakShiNal » 01 Jul 2013, 03:25

I am not planning to put sealed deck editing into the 2014 version of the Deck Builder. This is for a few reasons:
  • This is not a profile editor. This is purely a modding tool, a profile editor is not really a modding tool, it would in most cases be considered more of a cheating tool.
  • The Deck class would have to be drastically changed to allow for linking the deckOrderIds to the individual cards (this is required as Sealed Deck uses the deckOrderIds from the D14_SEALED_POOL to save what the player receives and uses). (Currently the builder discards the deckOrderIds on load and re-assigns them on save/export.)
  • The UI would require major changes to support editing Profiles.
  • The 2014 version is almost ready (release either tomorrow or Tuesday) and I'm not about to start any major feature changes just before release.

Now it would be possible to write a Profile Editor with chunks of code taken from the Deck Builder and modified to allow for that kind of editing. It is not a trivial project though.
RiiakShiNal
Programmer

Postby vusak » 01 Jul 2013, 12:02

yeah fair enough.

With regards to the source for your tool, are you comfortable with other people using it to create such a sealed/profile editor?
vusak

PreviousNext

Return to Utilities