It is currently 16 Apr 2024, 05:34

Text Size

DotP 2014 - WAD signature check disabling

Moderator: CCGHQ Admins

Re: DotP 2014 - WAD signature check disabling

Postby LeCat » 21 Aug 2013, 16:45

is it possible to disable DECK_CORRUPTION ?
I see when you try to start a multiplayer game there is a CheckForDeckCorruption...
LeCat

Postby aberredo » 07 Sep 2013, 02:33

Game crashed for me when I used the dynamic patcher wrapper DLL. Is there a work around for noobs?
aberredo

Postby thefiremind » 07 Sep 2013, 08:12

aberredo wrote:Game crashed for me when I used the dynamic patcher wrapper DLL. Is there a work around for noobs?
The DLL itself cannot crash anything, but the modded decks you add to the game can. You need to find out which WAD file is causing the crash, adding them one by one. Alternatively, you can run the deck builder just once, pointing it to your DotP2014 folder, wait until it loaded completely, then check the deck builder folder for an error log. It will tell you which WAD files have problems (if any).
< Former DotP 2012/2013/2014 modder >
Currently busy with life...
thefiremind
Programmer

Postby Ctar » 24 Sep 2013, 06:36

Using the "dynamic Patcher wrapper DLL" cannot be used after the "expansion".
http://bbs.3dmgame.com/thread-3971357-1-1.html
expansion pack Download:
http://pan.baidu.com/share/link?shareid ... 3056621326
Ctar

Postby thefiremind » 24 Sep 2013, 08:58

Ctar wrote:Using the "dynamic Patcher wrapper DLL" cannot be used after the "expansion".
I don't have any problems using the DLL with the version you posted.
< Former DotP 2012/2013/2014 modder >
Currently busy with life...
thefiremind
Programmer

Postby gorem2k » 24 Sep 2013, 11:12

Ctar wrote:Using the "dynamic Patcher wrapper DLL" cannot be used after the "expansion".
Thanks for sharing!! :D
I had no problem installing this with included crack dll.
gorem2k

Postby Ctar » 25 Sep 2013, 00:38

thefiremind wrote:
I don't have any problems using the DLL with the version you posted.
I know the reason is that some MOD is not compatible
Ctar

Postby drugskill » 28 Sep 2013, 22:19

Using 3DMGAME SE Version here + 3DMGAME Update 2. Using almost every single Core Mods and Deck Mods for 2014. No Core Mods seem to conflict with anything, but Decks are another story. Nailed Title Screen crashes by trying every single Mods one by one (Was exaustive, but worth it.) to: Data_Decks_4501_PRIMORDIAL_911, Data_Decks_4509_HELIOD_AND_THASSA, Data_Decks_300102_NATURES_MIGHT, Data_Decks_300116_SKYLINE, Data_Decks_300118_DARK_TIMES, Data_Decks_300122_EVOLVING_FOREST, Data_Decks_300124_DEATHWIND, Data_Decks_300128_SWAMP_ROT, DATA_DLC_7003_AURAS_ARE_FOREVER, DATA_DLC_IZZET_LEAGUE & DATA_DLC_ORZHOV_SYNDICATE. I don't know if problems come directly from those particular decks, or if it is conflicting with other mods in the bunch I have, but if you have Title Screen crashes, try deleting those.

Maybe someone more knowledgable than me could investigate those particular WADS. If anyone have questions about the list of mods I use, just ask. For me, bunch of Core/Decks Mods, and everything (so far) is fine having set those particular Deck Mods aside.
Last edited by drugskill on 28 Sep 2013, 22:46, edited 1 time in total.
drugskill

Postby drugskill » 28 Sep 2013, 22:28

Oh by the way, things are a little messy and hard for noobs around those forums, cause mods aren't centralized into a nice shiny installer or whatever, but I'm still very happy about all the work you guys are doing. Amazing talent around here. And you guys are infinitely generous to take some of your "free" time to share your hard work with others. Thanks to every single one of you.
drugskill

Postby RiiakShiNal » 28 Sep 2013, 23:02

drugskill wrote:Using 3DMGAME SE Version here + 3DMGAME Update 2. Using almost every single Core Mods and Deck Mods for 2014. No Core Mods seem to conflict with anything, but Decks are another story. Nailed Title Screen crashes by trying every single Mods one by one (Was exaustive, but worth it.) to: Data_Decks_4501_PRIMORDIAL_911, Data_Decks_4509_HELIOD_AND_THASSA, Data_Decks_300102_NATURES_MIGHT, Data_Decks_300116_SKYLINE, Data_Decks_300118_DARK_TIMES, Data_Decks_300122_EVOLVING_FOREST, Data_Decks_300124_DEATHWIND, Data_Decks_300128_SWAMP_ROT, DATA_DLC_7003_AURAS_ARE_FOREVER, DATA_DLC_IZZET_LEAGUE & DATA_DLC_ORZHOV_SYNDICATE. I don't know if problems come directly from those particular decks, or if it is conflicting with other mods in the bunch I have, but if you have Title Screen crashes, try deleting those.

Maybe someone more knowledgable than me could investiage those particular WADS. If anyone have questions about the list of mods I use, just ask. For me, bunch of Core/Decks Mods, and everything (so far) is fine having set those particular Deck Mods aside.
Title screen crashes are generally caused by one of two issues:
  1. 10 or more decks that use content_pack="0" and always_available="true" attributes.
  2. One or more decks have referenced cards that the game can't find.

Checking for the first problem involves using Gibbed Tools to unpack the wads and examine the deck XMLs to look for those attributes.

Checking for the second problem is easy with my Deck Builder, simply put the WAD that you want to check in the game directory then load up the Deck Builder, once fully loaded, exit, check the directory that the Deck Builder is in for "Errors.log" if there is one open it up in your favorite text editor/viewer and look at the errors, if you see one or more that say "Can't find referenced card:" then the card listed after that is one that the deck wants that you are missing.
RiiakShiNal
Programmer

Postby drugskill » 29 Sep 2013, 01:41

Thanks for the tips RiiakShiNal.
drugskill

Postby Miroki » 29 Dec 2013, 04:02

Good morning. I hope this post is still relevant. I'm sorry for my English a bit rotten but I'm French. And google translation is not so ^ ^ For two hours I seek how it works and I think not. I my problem is that I'm trying everything, my game is not absolutely recognizes the decks. The game works fine, I tried several wad., And each time is the same, the game starts normally and everything is normal. I admit that it starts to annoy me a bit ^ ^ So I create an account to get help, because no French forum can help me clearly. Thank you in advance
Miroki

Postby RiiakShiNal » 29 Dec 2013, 14:36

Let me make sure I understand your problem.

Summary:
You are not necessarily having problems with the game (DotP 2014 comes up and runs properly using the wads from WotC and Stainless), but the game refuses to recognize wads from modders and you have tried mods from different modders.

If that is the case then I see 4 common possible causes:
  1. You are missing the WAD Signature Check DLL (the "dynamic patcher wrapper dll" listed in the first post of this topic). This DLL must be placed in the same directory as the game executable (the same directory where the game wads are stored).
  2. You are putting the wads/mods in the wrong directory. They should go in the same directory as the game executable and other wads.
  3. You installed wads that don't contain any decks. Some wads are "Core" wads and only contain cards, text, and functions, but no decks. This is often done by modders for various reasons including organization, management, allowing users access to cards without having to have the decks, and so that cards can be easily used to create decks using tools like my Deck Builder.
  4. You unpacked the wads using Gibbed Tools. Most modders do not include a HEADER.XML file in their released mods and mods don't work unpacked without this file (though my Deck Builder will still be able to read and use them without that file). Those mods still have the WAD header so they work in their released packed form, but will not function unpacked without some work.

Hopefully your problem is one of the four I listed, but if not try to give us some more details about your particular problem so we can help you.
RiiakShiNal
Programmer

Postby Miroki » 29 Dec 2013, 15:18

Firstly thank you for the quick response. Then, unfortunately it is not one of the four problems. To answer yes, quite my game (bought on steam I said) works very well. Dll. Well in the game directory, and. Wad. At the moment I try two mods. Both have the same function ie add decks 2012 to 2014. The first was a deck alone on this one, no reaction of the game, no deck and more. Then I try a mod or decks are in (normally). The game starts, then an error message like "Creating successfuly dump" or something like that. The game does not close, it just reduced, I can safely leave the error message and return to the game, but still no decks ...

EDIT : Omg. The game work. I love you. But... I don't understand why some .wad working impecccable and other .wad are not detected :s I want deck 2012 2013 and 2014 in my 2014 game ^^ So can you give me a link where can i find this ?
Miroki

Postby RiiakShiNal » 30 Dec 2013, 01:10

Miroki wrote:Firstly thank you for the quick response. Then, unfortunately it is not one of the four problems. To answer yes, quite my game (bought on steam I said) works very well. Dll. Well in the game directory, and. Wad. At the moment I try two mods. Both have the same function ie add decks 2012 to 2014. The first was a deck alone on this one, no reaction of the game, no deck and more. Then I try a mod or decks are in (normally). The game starts, then an error message like "Creating successfuly dump" or something like that. The game does not close, it just reduced, I can safely leave the error message and return to the game, but still no decks ...
A crash at the beginning of the game (before you get to the menu) usually indicates that it is reading mods, but at least one of the added decks is trying to reference a card that you do not have installed (usually missing a mod that the deck is dependent on). So that is good news, it means you have the DLL installed properly and wads are being put into the right place, so now you just have to get the proper dependencies to make sure the ones you want don't crash.

Miroki wrote:EDIT : Omg. The game work. I love you. But... I don't understand why some .wad working impecccable and other .wad are not detected :s I want deck 2012 2013 and 2014 in my 2014 game ^^ So can you give me a link where can i find this ?
If you install a mod that is supposed to have one or more decks and they don't show up (we've already established that you are doing things right) usually means that you are missing the "Content Pack Enabler" (CPE) for that mod. Some mods have the "Content Pack Enabler" built into their "Core" wad while others have it as a separate wad.

For example:
  • thefiremind's mod has his CPE built into his core so you don't have to have an extra wad.
  • sumomole I believe (though I haven't actually looked at his latest versions so I could be wrong) also builds his CPE into his cores for both the Theros and Duels 2013 mods.
  • GrovyleXShinyCelebi's Duels 2012 mod makes use of a separate CPE for content pack 500.
  • GrovyleXShinyCelebi's Duels 2010 & 2013 mods make use of a separate CPE for content pack 501.
  • gorem2k's mod makes use of a separate CPE for content pack 45.
  • I build my CPE into my core though I haven't made any decks yet so my CPE is kind of pointless at this time.

In most cases modders include the CPE in either their main download (included in their core or zipped up with their core) or as a separate link in their release posts.

As for links to the releases they are all in the New MtG Cards and Decks\2014 sub-forum and you can also find most of them on the 2014 Wiki page as well.
RiiakShiNal
Programmer

PreviousNext

Return to Utilities