It is currently 16 Apr 2024, 12:17

Text Size

Is there a way to change the way your deck menu works?

Moderator: CCGHQ Admins

Is there a way to change the way your deck menu works?

Postby Shadowcran » 27 Jun 2013, 18:24

The deck menu has become hard to find specific decks due to the number of them. Is there something that changes this interface so that you can divide the decks up by submenu or at least put them in alphabetical order?

For example, there could be a folder labeled "black" and you could put all black decks in it. Another folder could be labeled "junk" for decks that you just didn't like for some reason. Yeah, I know I could erase the WAD file but finding out which one would take forever as they're all numbered.
Shadowcran

Re: Is there a way to change the way your deck menu works?

Postby thefiremind » 28 Jun 2013, 08:37

It would be awesome but I doubt any modder could do that. The decks are ordered by their file name (not the name you see in game, that's the localised version), so at least you can have them grouped by mod if modders give file names that start all the same way (which I do :P).
< Former DotP 2012/2013/2014 modder >
Currently busy with life...
thefiremind
Programmer

Postby zarak1 » 16 Jun 2014, 19:47

I was thinking that it might be easier for a modder to create a way to access a list of all decks installed, then when you select a deck from the list, the game goes to the selected deck
zarak1

Postby Xander9009 » 23 Jun 2014, 08:49

I'm not sure this can be done from in-game; however, Riiak's deck builder has a deck choosing interface which lists all installed decks along with their number. So, with a (hopefully) small amount of tweaking, he might be able to add in the ability to see which mod the deck is from. Sorry, I can't do that kind of thing myself, though. But yeah, that would be neat.
Xander9009
Programmer

Postby RiiakShiNal » 23 Jun 2014, 18:21

Xander9009 wrote:I'm not sure this can be done from in-game; however, Riiak's deck builder has a deck choosing interface which lists all installed decks along with their number. So, with a (hopefully) small amount of tweaking, he might be able to add in the ability to see which mod the deck is from. Sorry, I can't do that kind of thing myself, though. But yeah, that would be neat.
Creating a new in-game list of decks is not something I can do (I don't have the Assembly experience needed to reverse engineer the game to put in a new list). Besides the game has a limit to how many decks can be installed anyway.

Actually, in my current development build you already can see the WAD that a deck is from. I added it a while back to make looking up which WAD a deck is in easier. I will be getting the new update out by the end of this coming Sunday (6/29/2014). Though I'm not yet sure if I will have all of the updates in it that I really want to get in.
Attachments
UpdatedCreateFromDeckScreen.jpg
RiiakShiNal
Programmer

Postby Xander9009 » 23 Jun 2014, 19:20

Yeah, I didn't figure any of us on the forums were likely to be able to change the in-game decks. Just the view in the Deck Builder. I didn't remember if it showed that. I haven't made any new decks since I re-installed windows awhile back and I couldn't remember for sure. I only remembered that it definitely listed the decks.
Xander9009
Programmer

Return to Utilities