It is currently 16 Apr 2024, 15:46

Text Size

[REL] Riiak's DotP 2014 Deck Builder v1.5.0.3

Moderator: CCGHQ Admins

Re: [REL] Riiak's DotP 2014 Deck Builder v1.5.0.3

Postby RiiakShiNal » 26 Apr 2017, 23:03

Off-hand I'm not sure what's wrong it could be that I'm missing a null check in the Deck.Export function (which is used for both saving and exporting of decks). Though since the function is about 150 lines long I'm not exactly sure which line it is complaining about and the exception doesn't say (which is normal in release builds). Since you say you're getting the error every time (and getting that particular error would most likely kill the application) I'm going to have to assume it is a persistent error which would likely point to something being wrong with your Settings.xml file (it's not likely anything obviously wrong since if it were it probably would have thrown an error loading it which happens well before saving).

To try and be on the safe side can you post your Settings.xml file and the Errors.log file (if it exists) so I can see if either of those gives me more information about what is wrong?

Likely, you could fix it by simply deleting the Settings.xml and then setting up the builder again (the Deck Builder will create the file if it doesn't exist so that can be a good way to troubleshoot some problems), but it would be nice if you posted it first so that I can check it for anything that might cause a problem. This way if I can figure out what was causing your exact problem the code can be fixed such that it will never happen again.
RiiakShiNal
Programmer

Postby ChrisDovahkiin » 26 Apr 2017, 23:25

RiiakShiNal wrote:Off-hand I'm not sure what's wrong it could be that I'm missing a null check in the Deck.Export function (which is used for both saving and exporting of decks). Though since the function is about 150 lines long I'm not exactly sure which line it is complaining about and the exception doesn't say (which is normal in release builds). Since you say you're getting the error every time (and getting that particular error would most likely kill the application) I'm going to have to assume it is a persistent error which would likely point to something being wrong with your Settings.xml file (it's not likely anything obviously wrong since if it were it probably would have thrown an error loading it which happens well before saving).

To try and be on the safe side can you post your Settings.xml file and the Errors.log file (if it exists) so I can see if either of those gives me more information about what is wrong?

Likely, you could fix it by simply deleting the Settings.xml and then setting up the builder again (the Deck Builder will create the file if it doesn't exist so that can be a good way to troubleshoot some problems), but it would be nice if you posted it first so that I can check it for anything that might cause a problem. This way if I can figure out what was causing your exact problem the code can be fixed such that it will never happen again.
Well, I reinstalled the whole works, DotP and everything, and it's working for now. Had to reinstall because the game was crashing whenever I zoomed in on cards.

I'll keep an eye out if it acts up again.

On a side note, on my custom elf deck, I threw in several variations of Forests for Art variety, and now half my Forests Auto Tap, and half Manual Tap.

Do I need your MM Addon to at least make them all the same?

Thanks again.
ChrisDovahkiin

Postby Xander9009 » 26 Apr 2017, 23:33

Installing that may, but the CW has actually been given several new lands since that was released, and if you're using any of the new ones, they won't be covered by his MM mod. To make them all the same type, when choosing which ones to add, look at the filename. Ones with _MM_ near the end will have the ability to be manually tapped. Ones without that will not have that ability inherently.
Xander9009
Programmer

Postby RiiakShiNal » 26 Apr 2017, 23:51

Installing my Manual Mana mod will allow the game default lands (including those from the expansions; these lands do not have _MM_ or CW in the filename anywhere) to be manually tapped. Xander9009 is definitely the authority on lands from the CW. So it depends on what lands you are using.

NOTE: By default the Deck Builder will only use lands from the base game and expansions (since everyone should always have those) for the land pools (when the game automatically adds lands it pulls from the land pools for the decks in play). If you want to have your created decks use lands from the CW for the land pools then you should either add those lands to the land pools in Settings.xml or replace the land pools with those lands (you could replace the land pools if you never want to pull from those in the base game and/or expansions).
RiiakShiNal
Programmer

Postby Splinterverse » 30 Apr 2017, 15:43

I've added every basic land every to the CW mod. There's a wiki page now that shows how to update your land pools, and when there are new lands, I update it.

https://www.slightlymagic.net/wiki/DotP ... _Land_Pool
---------------------------------------------
The DOTP2014 CW is updated nightly between 11 PM and 12 AM EST.
Known Issues/Bugs |
Impossible Cards List | Update Your Land Pools
Splinterverse

Postby Xander9009 » 02 May 2017, 02:52

I don't know if you're planning to do any more work on this, but if so, I've found a new feature that would be really nice. A button in the personality editor (the one with 3 images to edit), a button that lets you use the same image source that was used for the deck image. Every time I make a deck, I use the same image in all 4 places, so it'd be a really nice feature.

EDIT: Source -> deck image.
Last edited by Xander9009 on 02 May 2017, 12:05, edited 1 time in total.
Xander9009
Programmer

Postby RiiakShiNal » 02 May 2017, 10:16

Xander9009 wrote:I don't know if you're planning to do any more work on this, but if so, I've found a new feature that would be really nice. A button in the personality editor (the one with 3 images to edit), a button that lets you use the same image source that was used for the source. Every time I make a deck, I use the same image in all 4 places, so it'd be a really nice feature.
Yes, more work is planned for the Deck Builder, but finding the time to do the work has been difficult. I will put that enhancement on the backlog of changes to do.
RiiakShiNal
Programmer

DotP 2014 Deck Builder v1.5.0.3 - added Forge deck format

Postby hidalgo » 31 May 2017, 16:50

Hi. I added a possibility to save/load deck in Forge format.
The purpose is to allow end-users to use their decks created in/for Forge, Magarena, XMage, Cockatrice wihtout having to manually re-input the deck in each program.

Mtgdb.Gui can be used to convert between all these formats.

Known issue: Cards with diacritics in name will not save/load
dotp_deck_builder_forge_screenshot.jpg

Most recent version with more improvements can be downloaded here

Deck builder with added Forge deck format only can be downloaded from attachments below.
Attachments
x86.zip
(672.83 KiB) Downloaded 575 times
x64.zip
(672.82 KiB) Downloaded 582 times
Last edited by hidalgo on 18 May 2019, 23:12, edited 2 times in total.
hidalgo

Postby Xander9009 » 26 Jun 2017, 08:23

Another request for when you get the chance (I always seem to find more...), planeswalkers need special handling. Specifically, when a card is loaded into memory, if it's a planeswalker, then the deck builder should preferably ignore the fact that it's also an enchantment. That way, filtering for enchantments/planeswalkers working properly, and they display correctly in the various lists. I'm going to test out the idea on my end to see how hard it'll be.

EDIT: Turned out to be pretty simple once I figured out how it's all fitting together.

Code: Select all
CardInfo.cs (Line 1267)
if (((m_eType & CardType.Planeswalker) == CardType.Planeswalker) && ((m_eType & CardType.Enchantment) == CardType.Enchantment))
{
   m_eType &= ~CardType.Enchantment;
}
Also, there are a few new (some older ones, too) subtypes that aren't listed in the language files. I'll probably go through eventually and add the non-English versions as well, but for anyone who wants them to show up properly in the Deck Builder, add this to the end of DeckBuilder2014_en-US.xml in the Lang folder.
| Open
Some of these are from Neo's custom cards: Divinity, Minor Divinity, Demigod, Eagle, Amazon, Queen, Statue, and Ship. If you really want, you could remove those. However, their inclusion shouldn't hurt anything, so I went ahead and included them...
   <!-- Strings added for 26-06-17 -->
   <!-- Planeswalkers -->
   <STRING key="CARD_SUBTYPE_ARLINN"><![CDATA[Arlinn]]></STRING>
   <STRING key="CARD_SUBTYPE_ASHIOK"><![CDATA[Ashiok]]></STRING>
   <STRING key="CARD_SUBTYPE_DACK"><![CDATA[Dack]]></STRING>
   <STRING key="CARD_SUBTYPE_DARETTI"><![CDATA[Daretti]]></STRING>
   <STRING key="CARD_SUBTYPE_DOMRI"><![CDATA[Domri]]></STRING>
   <STRING key="CARD_SUBTYPE_DOVIN"><![CDATA[Dovin]]></STRING>
   <STRING key="CARD_SUBTYPE_FREYALISE"><![CDATA[Freyalise]]></STRING>
   <STRING key="CARD_SUBTYPE_KAYA"><![CDATA[Kaya]]></STRING>
   <STRING key="CARD_SUBTYPE_KIORA"><![CDATA[Kiora]]></STRING>
   <STRING key="CARD_SUBTYPE_NAHIRI"><![CDATA[Nahiri]]></STRING>
   <STRING key="CARD_SUBTYPE_NARSET"><![CDATA[Narset]]></STRING>
   <STRING key="CARD_SUBTYPE_NIXILIS"><![CDATA[Nixilis]]></STRING>
   <STRING key="CARD_SUBTYPE_RAL"><![CDATA[Ral]]></STRING>
   <STRING key="CARD_SUBTYPE_SAHEELI"><![CDATA[Saheeli]]></STRING>
   <STRING key="CARD_SUBTYPE_SAMUT"><![CDATA[Samut]]></STRING>
   <STRING key="CARD_SUBTYPE_TAMIYO"><![CDATA[Tamiyo]]></STRING>
   <STRING key="CARD_SUBTYPE_TEFERI"><![CDATA[Teferi]]></STRING>
   <STRING key="CARD_SUBTYPE_TIBALT"><![CDATA[Tibalt]]></STRING>
   <STRING key="CARD_SUBTYPE_UGIN"><![CDATA[Ugin]]></STRING>
   <STRING key="CARD_SUBTYPE_VRASKA"><![CDATA[Vraska]]></STRING>
   <STRING key="CARD_SUBTYPE_XENAGOS"><![CDATA[Xenagos]]></STRING>
   <!-- Artifacts -->
   <STRING key="CARD_SUBTYPE_CLUE"><![CDATA[Clue]]></STRING>
   <STRING key="CARD_SUBTYPE_VEHICLE"><![CDATA[Vehicle]]></STRING>
   <!-- Enchantments -->
   <STRING key="CARD_SUBTYPE_CARTOUCHE"><![CDATA[Cartouche]]></STRING>
   <!-- Creatures -->
   <STRING key="CARD_SUBTYPE_GOD"><![CDATA[God]]></STRING>
   <STRING key="CARD_SUBTYPE_NYMPH"><![CDATA[Nymph]]></STRING>
   <STRING key="CARD_SUBTYPE_SABLE"><![CDATA[Sable]]></STRING>
   <STRING key="CARD_SUBTYPE_DIVINITY"><![CDATA[Divinity]]></STRING>
   <STRING key="CARD_SUBTYPE_DEMIGOD"><![CDATA[Demigod]]></STRING>
   <STRING key="CARD_SUBTYPE_MINOR_DIVINITY"><![CDATA[Minor Divinity]]></STRING>
   <STRING key="CARD_SUBTYPE_EAGLE"><![CDATA[Eagle]]></STRING>
   <STRING key="CARD_SUBTYPE_AMAZON"><![CDATA[Amazon]]></STRING>
   <STRING key="CARD_SUBTYPE_QUEEN"><![CDATA[Queen]]></STRING>
   <STRING key="CARD_SUBTYPE_STATUE"><![CDATA[Statue]]></STRING>
   <STRING key="CARD_SUBTYPE_SHIP"><![CDATA[Ship]]></STRING>
   <STRING key="CARD_SUBTYPE_LAMIA"><![CDATA[Lamia]]></STRING>
   <STRING key="CARD_SUBTYPE_NAGA"><![CDATA[Naga]]></STRING>
   <STRING key="CARD_SUBTYPE_PROCESSOR"><![CDATA[Processor]]></STRING>
   <STRING key="CARD_SUBTYPE_SCION"><![CDATA[Scion]]></STRING>
   <STRING key="CARD_SUBTYPE_MOLE"><![CDATA[Mole]]></STRING>
   <STRING key="CARD_SUBTYPE_AETHERBORN"><![CDATA[Aetherborn]]></STRING>
   <STRING key="CARD_SUBTYPE_PILOT"><![CDATA[Pilot]]></STRING>
   <STRING key="CARD_SUBTYPE_SERVO"><![CDATA[Servo]]></STRING>
   <STRING key="CARD_SUBTYPE_ASSEMBLYWORKER"><![CDATA[Assembly-Worker]]></STRING>
   <STRING key="CARD_SUBTYPE_JACKAL"><![CDATA[Jackal]]></STRING>
   <STRING key="CARD_SUBTYPE_MONKEY"><![CDATA[Monkey]]></STRING>
   <STRING key="CARD_SUBTYPE_CHILD"><![CDATA[Child]]></STRING>
   <!-- Misc. -->
   <STRING key="CARD_SUBTYPE_HERO"><![CDATA[Hero]]></STRING>
Xander9009
Programmer

Postby Xander9009 » 17 Jul 2017, 21:49

Hey, Riiak. How would you feel about trying to set up the Deck Builder's source code on github? If you're alright with that, then it would make it significantly easier for me to help implement the features I keep requesting without so much risk of having multiple versions floating around. I mention this because my most recent request that I'm currently trying to implement from working C# code in another project I have for the CW is to take an English card list and import that into the Deck Builder so making decks would be easier when you already have a base you want to work on from another site or something. If I remember right (I've never properly used github, so I might be wrong about it all works), you'd be able to verify changes without having to dig really deep into the code yourself. I hope. Just a thought.
Xander9009
Programmer

Postby hidalgo » 18 Jul 2017, 14:53

Xander9009 wrote:Hey, Riiak. How would you feel about trying to set up the Deck Builder's source code on github?
To be on the safe side I suggest using a separate github account in order to be protected in case the account gets banned by Wizars of The Coast
hidalgo

Deck Builder's source code on github

Postby hidalgo » 18 Sep 2017, 18:39

Well, I am not Riiak but still dared to create a github repository for DotP 2014 Deck builder.
The branch master has got commits for all source code versions 1.0.0.0 - 1.5.0.3 from Riiack's wiki.
My modification with Forge deck format resides in a separate branch forge.

If some day Riiak comes up ready to take ownership on the repository - he will be most welcome. Until then we have to take the responsibility :)
hidalgo

Postby RiiakShiNal » 19 Sep 2017, 10:01

A Github repository is fine because I have stated multiple times that the Deck Builder is open source and everyone can use the code as they please. I just never got around to setting one up myself.

I still have some changes I'm working on (though I haven't really had the time to work on it).

I've updated the first post with a link to the repository.
RiiakShiNal
Programmer

Postby LexilconCondran » 23 Apr 2019, 08:46

You are the best, this modder has been such a blast for me over the years
i just wish it had a custom card designer added into it as well
to create, fix, and edit any cards, from any wads, with whatever stats/abilities

i have a bunch of cards i wanna make.
#-o "I Dont Know What to Do with my Life"

[-o< "So here iam"
LexilconCondran

Postby RiiakShiNal » 23 Apr 2019, 10:36

LexilconCondran wrote:You are the best, this modder has been such a blast for me over the years
Thank you for the compliment.

LexilconCondran wrote:i just wish it had a custom card designer added into it as well
to create, fix, and edit any cards, from any wads, with whatever stats/abilities

i have a bunch of cards i wanna make.
Unfortunately, this is extremely complex and would pretty much require that the program itself have both programming abilities and intelligence. Since other than very simple abilities, card abilities are themselves programming routines.

Consider Giant Growth which simply has "Target creature gets +3/+3 until end of turn." Its ability looks like this:
Target creature gets +3/+3 until end of turn. | Open
   <SPELL_ABILITY>
      <LOCALISED_TEXT LanguageCode="en-US"><![CDATA[Target creature gets +3/+3 until end of turn.]]></LOCALISED_TEXT>
      <LOCALISED_TEXT LanguageCode="fr-FR"><![CDATA[Target creature gets +3/+3 until end of turn.]]></LOCALISED_TEXT>
      <LOCALISED_TEXT LanguageCode="es-ES"><![CDATA[La criatura objetivo obtiene +3/+3 hasta el final del turno.]]></LOCALISED_TEXT>
      <LOCALISED_TEXT LanguageCode="de-DE"><![CDATA[Target creature gets +3/+3 until end of turn.]]></LOCALISED_TEXT>
      <LOCALISED_TEXT LanguageCode="it-IT"><![CDATA[Una creatura bersaglio prende +3/+3 fino alla fine del turno.]]></LOCALISED_TEXT>
      <LOCALISED_TEXT LanguageCode="jp-JA"><![CDATA[Target creature gets +3/+3 until end of turn.]]></LOCALISED_TEXT>
      <LOCALISED_TEXT LanguageCode="ko-KR"><![CDATA[Target creature gets +3/+3 until end of turn.]]></LOCALISED_TEXT>
      <LOCALISED_TEXT LanguageCode="ru-RU"><![CDATA[Target creature gets +3/+3 until end of turn.]]></LOCALISED_TEXT>
      <LOCALISED_TEXT LanguageCode="pt-BR"><![CDATA[Target creature gets +3/+3 until end of turn.]]></LOCALISED_TEXT>
      <TARGET tag="CARD_QUERY_CHOOSE_CREATURE_TO_GET_3_3" definition="0" compartment="0" count="1" />
      <TARGET_DEFINITION id="0">
         local filter = ClearFilter()
         filter:Add( FE_TYPE, OP_IS, CARD_TYPE_CREATURE )
      </TARGET_DEFINITION>
      <CONTINUOUS_ACTION layer="7C">
         local target = EffectDC():Get_Targets(0):Get_CardPtr(0)
         if target ~= nil then
            local characteristics = target:GetCurrentCharacteristics()
            characteristics:Power_Add( 3 )
            characteristics:Toughness_Add( 3 )
         end
      </CONTINUOUS_ACTION>
      <DURATION simple_duration="UntilEOT" />
      <AI_SIMPLIFIED_TARGETING compartment="0" hint="HINT_ALLIED_ONLY" />
   </SPELL_ABILITY>
This requires a card query text entry (in all available languages), understanding what can be targeted, how much to add/remove from target's P/T, knowing that it is a continuous effect, knowing what layer the action needs to occur on, what the duration is, how to actually apply P/T changes, and even AI usage hints as to how best to use the ability.

Also some pieces of information aren't even ability related like when the spell is available and score tuning (for AI use).

Things only get more complex and difficult from there. This is with official cards which generally have well defined rules that go with them, player designed cards sometimes don't follow the same well defined rules (often because they are trying to achieve a specific effect or specifically break some of the rules).
RiiakShiNal
Programmer

PreviousNext

Return to Utilities