It is currently 19 Apr 2024, 13:10

Text Size

[REL] Riiak's DotP 2014 Deck Builder v1.5.0.3

Moderator: CCGHQ Admins

Re: [REL] Riiak's DotP 2014 Deck Builder v1.4.0.0

Postby RiiakShiNal » 07 Sep 2015, 19:27

Just as a point of note the Wiki is back up. I don't yet know what caused the problem, but there was no problem with the database, so after taking the opportunity to upgrade the MediaWiki version it is up and working again.
RiiakShiNal
Programmer

Postby Xander9009 » 07 Sep 2015, 19:34

Nice timing. I quite literally just checked a few minutes ago. It's quite handy for all of your functions you detail.
Xander9009
Programmer

Postby nachonal986 » 07 Sep 2015, 23:46

hey, Its possible to add a card counter from a deck?
this way we can check how many card I have included =)
nachonal986

Postby RiiakShiNal » 07 Sep 2015, 23:59

Yes, it is possible, it's actually quite easy. Especially since I already have that information available, in the Deck class I created a property called CardCount which calculates exactly how many cards have been added to the deck excluding unlocks. I also have properties for RegularUnlockCardCount and PromoUnlockCardCount. So it's just a matter of showing the information which is already available.
RiiakShiNal
Programmer

Postby nachonal986 » 09 Sep 2015, 16:20

RiiakShiNal wrote:Yes, it is possible, it's actually quite easy. Especially since I already have that information available, in the Deck class I created a property called CardCount which calculates exactly how many cards have been added to the deck excluding unlocks. I also have properties for RegularUnlockCardCount and PromoUnlockCardCount. So it's just a matter of showing the information which is already available.
so, are you planning to do it? because I didn't find cardcount into the deck class.
nachonal986

Postby Xander9009 » 09 Sep 2015, 18:08

nachonal986 wrote:
RiiakShiNal wrote:Yes, it is possible, it's actually quite easy. Especially since I already have that information available, in the Deck class I created a property called CardCount which calculates exactly how many cards have been added to the deck excluding unlocks. I also have properties for RegularUnlockCardCount and PromoUnlockCardCount. So it's just a matter of showing the information which is already available.
so, are you planning to do it? because I didn't find cardcount into the deck class.
CardCount is two definitions above BasicLandAmount in Deck.cs. As proof that it works, here's a screenshot (sorry Riiak, but I've never had a chance to mess with the Deck Builder's source before haha).

Either way, my guess would be yes, he's planning to add it in the next release.

Worth noting: The CardCount function returns cards including manually added basic lands but not the basic lands which will be added automatically. Since the basic land count is displayed next to it, that should be fine, but just thought I'd point it out.
Xander9009
Programmer

Postby RiiakShiNal » 10 Sep 2015, 10:53

nachonal986 wrote:so, are you planning to do it? because I didn't find cardcount into the deck class.
Yes, I can put it in the next release (CardCount is in the class, it's just not currently visible to users).

Xander9009 wrote:CardCount is two definitions above BasicLandAmount in Deck.cs. As proof that it works, here's a screenshot (sorry Riiak, but I've never had a chance to mess with the Deck Builder's source before haha).
No need to apologize, the code is there for people to mess with, look at, adjust to their liking, etc.... I actually encourage people to play with the code as they could create a cool new feature or optimize an existing one (or they could change a feature that just plain annoys them). Especially since it is taking me so long to work on the next version.

Xander9009 wrote:Worth noting: The CardCount function returns cards including manually added basic lands but not the basic lands which will be added automatically. Since the basic land count is displayed next to it, that should be fine, but just thought I'd point it out.
That is true, but it is still easy to create a property that returns the number of basic lands that have been manually added which could be easily subtracted from the CardCount.
RiiakShiNal
Programmer

Postby Xander9009 » 01 Dec 2015, 16:26

What do you think of the idea of giving the deck builder the ability to display the transformed/flipped side of a card? My current thought it to put in a tag naming the other side of the card, and have the other side possibly have a tag naming it as a flip side so the deck builder doesn't display it by default.

Something like
Code: Select all
On Budoka Gardener
<TRANSFORM front="self" back="_DOKAI_WEAVER_OF_LIFE_CW_78687" />

on Dokai, Weaver of Life
<TRANSFORM front="BUDOKA_GARDENER_CW_78687" back="self" />
If space is an issue, possibly rather than displaying thing flip side at all time when a card with a flip side is displayed, enable a button below the image to change the image to that of its other side. With that, you wouldn't even really need to make a list of them or index the transforming cards, just when an image is loaded, check the card for that tag, and if it exists, enable the button, otherwise, make sure it's disabled. And when it's pressed, find the tag, read the card for its art id, and load that art. Obviously you're capable of figuring that out, I just figured I'd explain the simplest method I was able to come up with. Thoughts? Currently, it's very cumbersome within the deck builder to find and display the flipped side of a transforming card.

If you decide you like the idea, then another request on that topic would be to make it so when a card is added to an upper field, if it has that tag, make sure the front is added and not the back. (Obviously, if you wanted to go more in depth, making it so the filters return the front of the card no matter which side fulfilled the filter conditions and prevent the back from showing up below at all would be really nice. Only if the back is always displayed though.)
Xander9009
Programmer

Postby Shoggoththe12 » 19 Dec 2015, 00:20

Okay, so the new CW art wad files (MAIN_01, _02, etc.) is the official thing, right?

So I went and deleted the old art wads, and now I get an error that says ERROR directory message and everything seems to be in brackets and caps w/underscores for spaces and just plain broken.

Hopefully you update the deck builder as soon as you can because I really appreciate this function and im sorry about the lack of images but my print screen button is friggin' broke and I don't have the time nor patience to fix it.

tl;dr new art wads broke deck builder #-o
Shoggoththe12

Postby RiiakShiNal » 19 Dec 2015, 02:34

If everything is in caps with underscores then you've probably managed to remove the "Lang" directory which contains the strings used in the Deck Builder. Simply re-extracting the Deck Builder and overwriting the files will probably fix it.

I will probably get some time to work on the Deck Builder over the Christmas holidays, but I don't know how much I'll be able to get done.
RiiakShiNal
Programmer

Postby Shoggoththe12 » 21 Dec 2015, 04:53

Thanks Riik-sama!
Shoggoththe12

Re: [REL] Riiak's DotP 2014 Deck Builder v1.5.0.0

Postby RiiakShiNal » 01 Jan 2016, 21:53

Starting this year off right :lol:

A new version, v1.5.0.0, of the Deck Builder is now up for your modding pleasure. Here is a short list of the new features to expect in this new version (along with all new bugs [-o< ):
  • Added card counts to window for Deck, Regular, and Promo Unlocks.
  • Added automatic image resizing if larger than what is acceptable for Gibbed Tools to accept.
  • Set Accept and Cancel buttons for all dialogs on which it makes sense.
  • Added automatic move and selection of most recently added card.
  • On the main card list you can now press Backspace to remove one instance of the selected card or Delete to remove all instances of the selected card from the appropriate list (depends on where cards will be added to).
  • Added Build mode to the Full AI Personality image.
  • Added more unsaved work confirmations.
  • Added a way to override the deck colours (only for display purposes) on the deck selection screen in game.
  • Added an option to always export AI Personality information.
  • Added the capability to read in and display custom card tags such as AUTHOR and EDITORS. (This was made with the Community Wad in mind.)

Important notes:
  • For some of the features I had to add some additional error checking so now the Deck Builder will do a slightly deeper error check of both Wads and Cards so you will see more errors showing up from load in the Deck Builder.
  • The custom card tag feature is still not very easy to use and other than the 3 custom tags I added directly to the Deck Builder (they are not visible by default) the only way to add the new columns is to edit the settings.xml file. New columns will look like this in the settings.xml file:
    • <Column Name="CustomTag:AUTHOR" Type="System.Windows.Forms.DataGridViewTextBoxColumn, System.Windows.Forms, Version=4.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=b77a5c561934e089" DataProperty="CustomTag:AUTHOR" HeaderText="CustomTag:Author" SortMode="NotSortable" Width="100" Visible="True" DisplayIndex="14" />
      • Name - This is simply a unique name for the column.
      • DataProperty - This MUST start with "CustomTag:" otherwise it will cause crashes.
      • HeaderText - This is what text the column header will use. If you do not prefix it with "CustomTag:" then it will try to localize the text, which may not be a bad thing if you put the appropriate string into the appropriate localization file (if not it will show up with square brackets, [], around the text).
      • SortMode - MUST be set to "NotSortable" or it will lead to crashes when clicking on the header item.

Let the bug reports begin...

Edit: Found a bug in loading back up with the custom card tag columns, v1.5.0.1 now up to fix it.
RiiakShiNal
Programmer

Re: [REL] Riiak's DotP 2014 Deck Builder v1.5.0.1

Postby Xander9009 » 03 Jan 2016, 07:00

This is great news! :) Thanks a ton for the work on this; especially the features I requested such as removing with backspace and full AI image building (which you'd already had planned, I know), and the custom tag incorporation (which I think was either your idea to begin with or you at least had the idea of adding to the deck builder; either way I appreciate it).
Xander9009
Programmer

Re: [REL] Riiak's DotP 2014 Deck Builder v1.5.0.2

Postby RiiakShiNal » 03 Jan 2016, 14:45

Updated to version 1.5.0.2 to address the non-honored BOM issue with packed Wad headers (this should make the load errors for the newer Community Art Wads go away).
RiiakShiNal
Programmer

Re: [REL] Riiak's DotP 2014 Deck Builder v1.5.0.2

Postby Xander9009 » 06 Jan 2016, 17:36

Am I just missing it or is the advanced filter messed up? Only tab I see with the buttons to add or replace filters is the string filters tab. The others only have Apply and Cancel, which makes them... decidedly difficult to use lol.
Xander9009
Programmer

PreviousNext

Return to Utilities