Text Size

[REL] Riiak's DotP 2014 Deck Builder v1.5.0.3

Moderator: CCGHQ Admins

Re: [REL] Riiak's DotP 2014 Deck Builder v1.1.0.0

Postby drleg3nd » 11 Jul 2013, 06:47

hey riiak was getting error when creating from existing deck:
| Open
7/11/2013 2:44:02 AM: Log Opened.
7/11/2013 2:44:02 AM: Low: Card (GODLESS_SHRINE_12855366373 in DATA_DECKS_128503_VIZKOPA_CREED_unpacked) has a multiverse id that is problematic: 12855366373

7/11/2013 2:44:04 AM: Low: System.Xml - The 'TRIGGERED_ABILITY' start tag on line 38 position 4 does not match the end tag of 'STATIC_ABILITY'. Line 57, position 5.:
at System.Xml.XmlTextReaderImpl.Throw(Exception e)
at System.Xml.XmlTextReaderImpl.Throw(String res, String[] args)
at System.Xml.XmlTextReaderImpl.ThrowTagMismatch(NodeData startTag)
at System.Xml.XmlTextReaderImpl.ParseEndElement()
at System.Xml.XmlTextReaderImpl.ParseElementContent()
at System.Xml.XmlTextReaderImpl.Read()
at System.Xml.XmlLoader.LoadNode(Boolean skipOverWhitespace)
at System.Xml.XmlLoader.LoadDocSequence(XmlDocument parentDoc)
at System.Xml.XmlLoader.Load(XmlDocument doc, XmlReader reader, Boolean preserveWhitespace)
at System.Xml.XmlDocument.Load(XmlReader reader)
at System.Xml.XmlDocument.LoadXml(String xml)
at RSN.DotP.CardInfo.ParseXML(String strXML)
at RSN.DotP.CardInfo..ctor(String strXML, String strWad, GameDirectory gdData)
at RSN.DotP.WadWrapper.LoadCards(FileStream fsInput, GameDirectory gdData)
Extra Information:
Unable to load card: PHYREXIAN_HYDRA_199214060.XML in DATA_DLC_TFM_CARDS

7/11/2013 2:44:17 AM: Low: Unable to find deck with id 128502 to associate unlock file D14_128502__PROMO with.

7/11/2013 2:44:17 AM: Low: Can't find referenced card: PHYREXIAN_HYDRA_199214060 for regular unlocks (199204) for deck with Id: 19904

7/11/2013 2:44:17 AM: Low: Can't find referenced card: ANGEL_OF_DESPAIR_280048 for regular unlocks (199202) for deck with Id: 19902

7/11/2013 2:45:10 AM: Log Closed.
drleg3nd

Postby RiiakShiNal » 11 Jul 2013, 11:43

Well, the errors are fairly straight-forward:
  1. This error is because the Multiverse Id in Godless Shrine is too long, I use a 32-bit signed integer for the Multiverse Id because that is what I am assuming that WotC uses and "12855366373" will not fit in the 32-Bit integer space (signed or unsigned). Card Problem.
  2. This second error is because Phyrexian Hydra in thefiremind's mod has a mismatched XML tag (mangled XML), the second ability starts with TRIGGERED_ABILITY, but ends with STATIC_ABILITY. Card Problem.
  3. This error says there is an unlock file with the name "D14_128502__PROMO", but there is no deck with uid="128502" to associate these unlocks with. Missing or Mis-Id'd Deck.
  4. This is because the Phyrexian Hydra's XML is mangled. Card Problem.
  5. This is because the Angel of Despair has actual filename "ANGEL_OF_DESPAIR_280048", but the FILENAME tag (which is what the Deck Builder uses) has "ANGEL_OF_DESPAIR_199280048", the game needs these two to match for things to work properly. Card Problem.

I'm not seeing any errors that are related to "Creating from Existing Deck".
RiiakShiNal
Programmer

Postby thefiremind » 11 Jul 2013, 12:21

I should get used to pass my cards through your builder again, it's the best way to find any remaining errors in the card structure. :D Anyway, I fixed them now.
< Former DotP 2012/2013/2014 modder >
Currently busy with life...
thefiremind
Programmer

Postby ViciousJawa » 11 Jul 2013, 14:59

I apologize for asking such a probably dumb question, I did check the FAQ but couldn't find anything on this there.. so here goes.

What's the situation in multiplayer? Can I use custom decks (created myself or downloaded here from others) to play against buddies online in DOTP 2014?

Thanks a lot in advance!
ViciousJawa

Postby RiiakShiNal » 11 Jul 2013, 16:09

ViciousJawa wrote:What's the situation in multiplayer? Can I use custom decks (created myself or downloaded here from others) to play against buddies online in DOTP 2014?
You can use decks you created in online multiplayer if and only if your opponent has the same wads you do (they also need to be the same version, in other words one person can't be missing cards that are present on the other machine) including the deck you created. This applies to all mods, not just those created by the Deck Builder.
RiiakShiNal
Programmer

Postby ViciousJawa » 11 Jul 2013, 21:51

RiiakShiNal wrote:You can use decks you created in online multiplayer if and only if your opponent has the same wads you do (they also need to be the same version, in other words one person can't be missing cards that are present on the other machine) including the deck you created. This applies to all mods, not just those created by the Deck Builder.
Thanks a lot for answering Riiak!
That makes sense. It's great to know it's possible though, since AI games are only truly interesting for so long :o
ViciousJawa

Postby MC Brodie » 12 Jul 2013, 23:25

I noticed that this time around that if you export to a wad it gives you two wad files. I don't remember the "Content Pack Enabler" in you 2013 editor. I can't seem to get the game to recognize my modded deck without this wad also in the M14 folder. Is there a way to have one standalone wad for a single deck?
-----------------------------------------------------------------------
Song of the Day: 46 and 2 (cover)
MC Brodie

Postby thefiremind » 12 Jul 2013, 23:38

MC Brodie wrote:I noticed that this time around that if you export to a wad it gives you two wad files. I don't remember the "Content Pack Enabler" in you 2013 editor. I can't seem to get the game to recognize my modded deck without this wad also in the M14 folder. Is there a way to have one standalone wad for a single deck?
We noticed that DotP2014 doesn't support more than 10 decks belonging to the same content pack ID with always_available="true". Rick (the creator of Gibbed Tools) found how to enable any content pack ID through the header XML files of a WAD. That's why the content pack enabler was born: the decks are now created with a content pack ID greater than 0 and the content pack enabler is required to see them in game. At first Rick guessed that content pack enablers need to have a numeric value after "DATA_DLC_" in their name, but I proved him wrong, so we can actually make any custom WAD a content pack enabler by changing its header XML files properly. This means that it's possible to have a single WAD that does it all, and if you feel comfortable editing the WADs without the deck builder you can do it yourself: unpack both your custom deck and the content pack enabler, open the @header.xml file in the content pack enabler with Notepad, copy all the contents from <CONTENTPACK UID="..."> to </CONTENTPACK> (starting and ending lines included) to the @header.xml and HEADER.XML files of your custom deck, putting those contents in the same position where they were in the content pack enabler. Repack your custom deck and it should work.
thefiremind
Programmer

Postby MC Brodie » 12 Jul 2013, 23:44

thefiremind wrote:
MC Brodie wrote:I noticed that this time around that if you export to a wad it gives you two wad files. I don't remember the "Content Pack Enabler" in you 2013 editor. I can't seem to get the game to recognize my modded deck without this wad also in the M14 folder. Is there a way to have one standalone wad for a single deck?
We noticed that DotP2014 doesn't support more than 10 decks belonging to the same content pack ID with always_available="true". Rick (the creator of Gibbed Tools) found how to enable any content pack ID through the header XML files of a WAD. That's why the content pack enabler was born: the decks are now created with a content pack ID greater than 0 and the content pack enabler is required to see them in game. At first Rick guessed that content pack enablers need to have a numeric value after "DATA_DLC_" in their name, but I proved him wrong, so we can actually make any custom WAD a content pack enabler by changing its header XML files properly. This means that it's possible to have a single WAD that does it all, and if you feel comfortable editing the WADs without the deck builder you can do it yourself: unpack both your custom deck and the content pack enabler, open the @header.xml file in the content pack enabler with Notepad, copy all the contents from <CONTENTPACK UID="..."> to </CONTENTPACK> (starting and ending lines included) to the @header.xml and HEADER.XML files of your custom deck, putting those contents in the same position where they were in the content pack enabler. Repack your custom deck and it should work.
Ok thanks I'll give it a shot. I've always used the deck builder as a starting point then went from there. Thanks for the heads up.
MC Brodie

Postby RiiakShiNal » 13 Jul 2013, 00:29

Yes, it is possible to have a single standalone wad by using the method thefiremind stated. The reason that the Deck Builder now outputs the deck and the content pack enabler separately is because if you make more than one deck with the same content pack and include the content pack enabling XML in both (to have standalone wads) then when you have both decks in the game you will see 4 decks (2 of each of the two decks). If you have 3 decks in the same content pack each with a copy of the content pack enabling XML then you will see 9 decks in game (3 copies for each of the 3 decks). Multiple copies of the content pack enabling XML (such as one in each deck wad) will result in all the decks from that content pack showing up that many times. To prevent this situation the Deck Builder builds a single Content Pack Enabler wad for the content pack that it is set up to output (this is usually equal to the Id Block specified in the options window).
RiiakShiNal
Programmer

Postby Rick » 13 Jul 2013, 03:05

thefiremind wrote:We noticed that DotP2014 doesn't support more than 10 decks belonging to the same content pack ID with always_available="true".
Slightly wrong: this problem only exists for content pack ID 0 (the default/base content pack).
gibbed
Rick
Programmer

Postby MC Brodie » 13 Jul 2013, 03:33

RiiakShiNal wrote:
Yes, it is possible to have a single standalone wad by using the method thefiremind stated. The reason that the Deck Builder now outputs the deck and the content pack enabler separately is because if you make more than one deck with the same content pack and include the content pack enabling XML in both (to have standalone wads) then when you have both decks in the game you will see 4 decks (2 of each of the two decks). If you have 3 decks in the same content pack each with a copy of the content pack enabling XML then you will see 9 decks in game (3 copies for each of the 3 decks). Multiple copies of the content pack enabling XML (such as one in each deck wad) will result in all the decks from that content pack showing up that many times. To prevent this situation the Deck Builder builds a single Content Pack Enabler wad for the content pack that it is set up to output (this is usually equal to the Id Block specified in the options window).
I think I get it and I sort of noticed that when your awesome program only generated a single content pack for each deck I pumped out during my trials. So if I understand you correctly (and sort of understand the mods you've all been putting out) it would be better practice if I combined the content pack coding with my "cards" wad then have individual deck wads without the content pack coding. Then if you wanted to play my decks, you would have to install my cards wad as well as my deck wad, thus also enabling all of my decks.
MC Brodie

Postby thefiremind » 13 Jul 2013, 09:12

Rick wrote:Slightly wrong: this problem only exists for content pack ID 0 (the default/base content pack).
That's good to know, so we need just 1 content pack ID no matter how many custom decks we make. Thanks for the clarification. :)
thefiremind
Programmer

Postby RiiakShiNal » 13 Jul 2013, 11:33

MC Brodie wrote:I think I get it and I sort of noticed that when your awesome program only generated a single content pack for each deck I pumped out during my trials. So if I understand you correctly (and sort of understand the mods you've all been putting out) it would be better practice if I combined the content pack coding with my "cards" wad then have individual deck wads without the content pack coding. Then if you wanted to play my decks, you would have to install my cards wad as well as my deck wad, thus also enabling all of my decks.
That's right, if you want to put the content pack enabling XML in a core wad with your cards then you don't need the "Content Pack Enabler" that the Deck Builder generates.
RiiakShiNal
Programmer

Postby jacque » 14 Jul 2013, 03:44

Riiak, three small requests... *I hope hehehe xD*

1. Is it possible to add like "stats info" at the bottom right corner of the Deck Builder eg. the number of cards available...
2. Stacked sorting of the cards... especially for the casting cost... eg. after filtering the color etc. you can then sort the results according to alphabetical order then by casting cost?
3. A simple "change log" of the new releases... =)

Keep up the good work! *as always =)*
Learn making your own cards today!!!

Click on Image if a post/reply helped you.

I stitch old cards together to make new ones...

~ Jacque, the confused
jacque

PreviousNext

Return to Utilities