It is currently 16 Apr 2024, 18:05

Text Size

DotP 2014: Potential Community Wad

Moderator: CCGHQ Admins

Re: DotP 2014: Potential Community Wad

Postby Xander9009 » 09 Feb 2015, 16:01

Dnt312 wrote:I've used Riiak's Deck Editor to check the cards, and found that some cards for Archetype of Victory deck are missing.

How do I set up the loose files in my game folder, just copy the Community Wad Art folder and Community Wad Core folder and put them into my game folder?
The cards missing for Archetype of Victory are because you don't have the latest version. (This won't be an issue anymore with loose files). I made the cards and the deck last night. The wad was packed before I made the cards, so the latest available version doesn't actually have the cards, yet. They'll be available in the wad that will be uploaded later tonight.
Actually, I'll pack/upload this in just a few minutes. Once I've got Soulfire Grand Master working.

As for the loose files version, the instructions are in this thread's original post. Opn the loose files folder/webpage and click Add to Drive (make sure you've removed the packed folders or else you'll be downloading both versions). Next, in the syncing utility you have, delete the ini file that sits next to it and run it again. It'll ask you what to sync, choose no for the packed versions and yes for the loose versions.
Xander9009
Programmer

What's this do again?

Postby omnix32 » 26 Mar 2015, 20:38

The Loosed folder is empty, I assume that is not a issue, right?

I ran and installed google drive.

Put the community Wad sync.exe in the start menu folder

selected packed files just in case the empty loose folder does turn out to be an issue.

clicked the Add to google drive thing right hand corner, it now shows up on my google drive page.

Ran the community Wad sync.exe
Picked a google drive folder.

Picked location of the DOTP.exe

picked 120 seconds.

Made sure windows gave everything permission to access the folder containing the DOTP.exe

Now what?

I sort of pictured all the art files and core to be downloaded into the DOTP folder on my computer so the program could use those files. They did show up on my google drive online though.

We suppose to download them manually from Google drive and place them in the game folder?

Thanx for any help.
omnix32

Postby Zambooo » 06 Sep 2015, 16:12

the Community Wad Syncing tool wiped all other wads (packs and decks) I had in the DotP folder but the community ones! D:
Was it intention and I just forgot to read it?
Zambooo

Postby Xander9009 » 06 Sep 2015, 17:41

Zambooo wrote:the Community Wad Syncing tool wiped all other wads (packs and decks) I had in the DotP folder but the community ones! D:
Was it intention and I just forgot to read it?
That should definitely not be happening. In fact, it doesn't even iterate through files unless they match "DATA_DLC_CW_*.wad".

The deck syncing function DOES iterate through all wad files and removes any non-CW files it finds (because it's meant to make the folder ready for playing with the CW and its decks online). However, it never deletes those files. It only moves them into a subfolder named Unmatched Synced Decks. Are they in that subfolder? Assuming they are and that was the issue, I'll see about making it so it doesn't move non-CW files, but rather just pulls in any new/updated decks.
Xander9009
Programmer

Postby Zambooo » 06 Sep 2015, 23:18

I didn't know the tool was meant to move those files, nonetheless I can assure you that in my DotP2014 folder there isn't a subfolder named the way you said. Is this folder meant to be there?
Anyhow I use quite a lot of deck I didn't share in the CW (for various reasons, the main one is I often use cards from my own personal "DLC", cards I already shared in the CW but have better graphics in my pack) and I personally would rather if the syncing tool could just leave those WADs where they are :D
Zambooo

Postby Xander9009 » 06 Sep 2015, 23:24

Zambooo wrote:I didn't know the tool was meant to move those files, nonetheless I can assure you that in my DotP2014 folder there isn't a subfolder named the way you said. Is this folder meant to be there?
Anyhow I use quite a lot of deck I didn't share in the CW (for various reasons, the main one is I often use cards from my own personal "DLC", cards I already shared in the CW but have better graphics in my pack) and I personally would rather if the syncing tool could just leave those WADs where they are :D
Did you use the deck syncing feature, or was this something the tool did automatically? Because I can't think of any way it could have done so. It specifically checks for the core, and then it only touches wads that match the art filename pattern. If you used the deck syncing feature, then that's definitely the part of the code I should be focusing on. (And figuring out which part to focus on is why I'm asking. There are almost 1000 lines of code, so knowing which function to look at will help me figure out how it messed up.)

I'm looking at the code now, and I can at least replace the code that deletes files with code that recycles it for now, but until I actually know what happened leading up to it deleting the files, I don't know how to fix it.
Xander9009
Programmer

Postby Zambooo » 07 Sep 2015, 10:56

I used your "Community Wad Sync.exe" (basically I followed the instructions of "MAKE THIS AUTOMATICALLY UPDATE") and when it asked me to sync the decks I clicked "cancel" (if I recall correctly there was written something like "click cancel to skip", so I did it :D)

PS: just checked it, it says "Please select Decks folder (cancel to ignore deck syncing)"
Zambooo

Postby Xander9009 » 07 Sep 2015, 17:47

Zambooo wrote:I used your "Community Wad Sync.exe" (basically I followed the instructions of "MAKE THIS AUTOMATICALLY UPDATE") and when it asked me to sync the decks I clicked "cancel" (if I recall correctly there was written something like "click cancel to skip", so I did it :D)

PS: just checked it, it says "Please select Decks folder (cancel to ignore deck syncing)"
Okay, thanks. That's what I needed to know.
Xander9009
Programmer

Previous

Return to Utilities