It is currently 16 Apr 2024, 14:11

Text Size

DotP 2014: Potential Community Wad

Moderator: CCGHQ Admins

Re: DotP 2014: Potential Community Wad

Postby Xander9009 » 18 Sep 2014, 23:38

MTGImage.com updated, so the art wad was updated to include Khans of Tarkir. Also, first confirmation my system is actually working now as it's supposed to! (I get a popup when there's an update, and then I just click yes a few times and everything is done. THAT'S what I call useful. :) )

In other news, an update for tokens: they're still not included because they're A) untested, and B) art-less. However, of the 251 tokens, I've found that 4 aren't possible because they require choosing a creature type or they have banding. CHoosing the type would be fine, but a token's subtypes are what it's named, and we can't change names. As that stands, the only way to do these would be to create a 1/1 token for every creature type, and while I can do that, I have other things I'd prefer to focus on before bothering with something that massive which will only affect 3 cards (the fourth being the one with banding). All tokens which are possible (that I know of) are 100% coded and correctly named, barring mistakes (it was 99% automated, so, you can decide if that makes mistakes more or less likely...).

I'll work on the images over the next few days. Once images are done, I'll test a few in game, including all special ability tokens, and if everything checks out, ALL tokens will be ready to go, opening the way for any cards that require them with that much less difficulty.

naming convention for tokens - please ignore this unless you're really interested | Open
239 of the tokens are standard and not special in any particular way. Their filenames include name, types, power & toughness, colors, and abilities in addition to requirements. Each one is excluded if it's irrelevant. Each section with multiple letters is in alphabetical order. Each starts with token and ends with CW_1. There will eventually be others ending with CW_2 and so on for alternate art. So, creating a 0/1 blue bird creature token with flying would be
Code: Select all
TOKEN_BIRD_C_0_1_U_F_CW_1
C stands for creature. It could be C, A, or E for creature, artifact, or enchantment (also, technically L or P for land or planeswalker, but no tokens have these types). U is for blue, and could be BGRUW or C (if it doesn't say colorless, it won't have a C, though this doesn't happen with any tokens). F is for flying, and it could be the first letter for any of these...
  • annihilator
  • changeling
  • deathtouch
  • defender
  • devour
  • first strike **
  • flanking
  • forestwalk
  • flying
  • haste
  • indestructible
  • infect
  • islandwalk
  • lifelink
  • mountainwalk
  • protection
  • reach
  • shroud
  • trample
  • vigilance

**First Strike is F, the first letter of the first word. This will be used for all tokens, although there is currently only one (a Knight token) which has First Strike, and no others have any 2-word keyword abilities.

Note also that all ability initials are concatenated. If it has flying and haste, it will get FH. If it has flying flanking, it will get FF. If the token has an ability not on this list, that ability's initial is S for special.

Power and toughness, if they exist (which they don't on 2 tokens) will be either a number, X, or S for Special/Star. If it has an inherent ability which sets its power and toughness, it gets S. If it doesn't have a set power and toughness but has no innate ability for that, it gets X. Note that Gutter Grime and Saproling Burst, according to the card, should have S. However, if you're coding those cards, you'll notice they actually don't have that ability innately, and thus get X.
Xander9009
Programmer

Postby Xander9009 » 26 Sep 2014, 15:36

Alright. All tokens are now available. Even a couple that can't be made or used such as Wolves of the Hunt, which has banding (the token just has no such ability and its filename doesn't show _B_ as if it did). The art file has been updated to include a picture for each one. Over time, I may end up adding the alternate art tokens, but so far, that hasn't been done, each token only has one version with the exception of a single one (for testing, it was a Giant of some sort). In addition to this alternate, there are two version of Llanowar Elves, one which uses manual mana and one which doesn't. Eldrazi Spawn and Gold do not have non-manual mana version because their abilities do not cost tap, but rather sacrifice. This makes a total of 248 tokens. Please note that these tokens have not been tested except to see that they appear, so if they're supposed to have an ability, there is some risk that ability is messed up.

In addition to the tokens, the file currently (and has for awhile) contains all allies.

Finally, migookman has been slowly but surely adding cards.

There is now a file inside the core (you can find them in the loose files) which explains the naming more in-depth for both normal cards and for tokens. To call a token, you should only ever need the information available from the card creating the token, meaning you'll never need to look it up.

The art wad has also been updated to include low-res Khans of Tarkir images.

Next up, I'll be slowly adding all of the cards I can from all of the mods on this forum that I've gotten permission for. This may be a long process because I'll be attempting to make everything self contained, but I want to be absolutely sure nothing I do will cause the originating mods to not work alongside it. The only files which will not be included are Core Fixes and Manual Mana (plus those I haven't gotten permission for). Also, don't expect Planeswalkers anytime soon. I might eventually get to them, but if I do, they'll probably be the last thing I do. Also, I'm going to update the first post.
Xander9009
Programmer

Postby Xander9009 » 28 Sep 2014, 23:10

Art wad has been updated because a number of tokens had the wrong image. I'm not sure how that happened, but they should all be fixed (hopefully). I've also corrected a couple of minor issues. I finally got through ALL of the special tokens I could find. By that, I mean that originally my method didn't tell me certain tokens had abilities if that ability was granted with the text "Put a blah blah creature token onto the battlefield. It has such and such ability." All tokens should be good to go, now. If anyone finds a problem, please let me know. I also think I'm going to split the art wad up into 500 MB files starting after Khans of Tarkir updates to HQ images. That means the main art file will eventually contain HQ images for everything up to and including Khans of Tarkir, and everything after that will be in 500 MB files. This will make updating less strenuous.

I've also updated the wad syncing utility. It now will properly replace files even if they are the same size but have been modified (such as a minor fix inside a card which doesn't alter the final file size). Also, when I upload an art file, it will not delete the file in your Game folder until the next one is ready to go, avoiding not having art to play with. It's not necessary to update, but it is certainly recommended.

Lastly, I'm starting the mod integration with drleg3nd's mods.
Xander9009
Programmer

Postby Xander9009 » 09 Oct 2014, 05:00

Thanks to migookman, many wads have been incorporated. Also, MTGImage updated and the art wad now contains high-res BNG pictures.
Xander9009
Programmer

Postby masterpoker » 31 Jan 2015, 18:06

Hello, I seem to be having a problem downloading the packed art file? The direct link is dead and I can't find it in the google drive wad directory.

This project looks great and I'm really hoping to give it a try, could you make sure I'm doing a manual install correctly though? I got the core .WAD file, and after I get the artwork I copy both of those to the game folder right. I was also going to copy all 4 of RSN's mods (it says you have them included and updated, so I can skip this step?)

Thanks for your time and help.
masterpoker

Postby Xander9009 » 01 Feb 2015, 06:21

Don't know why it was missing, but it's back up now.
Xander9009
Programmer

Postby Dnt312 » 06 Feb 2015, 03:35

I already downloaded the Core.wad and Art.wad (not the most updated ones), and put them into the game folder. Now, I want to make them automatically updated. I've added the packed wad folder to my Google Drive folder. However, when I open the community wad folder in my Google Drive folder, there is only one Approximated Cards file. Do I have to redownload 2 wads again and put them in my Google Drive folder? What should I do now?
Dnt312

Postby Xander9009 » 06 Feb 2015, 04:07

Dnt312 wrote:I already downloaded the Core.wad and Art.wad (not the most updated ones), and put them into the game folder. Now, I want to make them automatically updated. I've added the packed wad folder to my Google Drive folder. However, when I open the community wad folder in my Google Drive folder, there is only one Approximated Cards file. Do I have to redownload 2 wads again and put them in my Google Drive folder? What should I do now?
If you've clicked add to drive on the Community Wad folder (the one with the approximated cards file), then Google Drive should automatically download it and any subfolders. If it doesn't, then I'm not actually certain how to fix that. I would suggest trying it on another folder you have access to and see if it works for that one. (A very small one you'll have access to and which you should probably remove afterword is the Outdated Tools folder.) If it syncs everything to your computer (four files for the link I sent), then you might have to remove the file from your google drive and re-add it. Otherwise, it's a more general Google Drive problem you'd have to look up.

If it just isn't showing the files/folders in the browser, that's just Google Drive hiccuping. It did that to me, too, but after I refreshed about 3 times it finally registered they were there. That shouldn't affect actually syncing the files/folders to your computer, which is what you need for automatic updating.

Also, NO, do NOT download the wads manually and put them into your computer's folder. That will make Google Drive not able to sync the files at all (because your version and the online version won't quite match, and you don't have the access to write to that folder). For the updating to work, the google drive application must be what actually syncs the files to your computer.

If none of that works, let me know.
Xander9009
Programmer

Postby Dnt312 » 06 Feb 2015, 13:42

Xander9009 wrote:If you've clicked add to drive on the Community Wad folder (the one with the approximated cards file), then Google Drive should automatically download it and any subfolders. If it doesn't, then I'm not actually certain how to fix that. I would suggest trying it on another folder you have access to and see if it works for that one. (A very small one you'll have access to and which you should probably remove afterword is the Outdated Tools folder.) If it syncs everything to your computer (four files for the link I sent), then you might have to remove the file from your google drive and re-add it. Otherwise, it's a more general Google Drive problem you'd have to look up.

If it just isn't showing the files/folders in the browser, that's just Google Drive hiccuping. It did that to me, too, but after I refreshed about 3 times it finally registered they were there. That shouldn't affect actually syncing the files/folders to your computer, which is what you need for automatic updating.

Also, NO, do NOT download the wads manually and put them into your computer's folder. That will make Google Drive not able to sync the files at all (because your version and the online version won't quite match, and you don't have the access to write to that folder). For the updating to work, the google drive application must be what actually syncs the files to your computer.

If none of that works, let me know.
I've tried the solution you suggested, and it works. I've set up the sync utility following your instruction. Do I have to copy the updated wads from my Google Drive folder to the game folder every time the wads automatically update?
Dnt312

Postby Xander9009 » 06 Feb 2015, 14:24

No. That's the job of the syncing utility I link to. You set it up to run on startup when you long onto your computer, and it will check every so often if the wads in your google drive and the wads in your game folder match. If not, it'll copy them over. (Step 3 in the instructions.)
Xander9009
Programmer

Postby masterpoker » 08 Feb 2015, 01:50

Sorry if this is the wrong place for this Xander, but I've had a few bugs/issues that may be related to the Community Wad.

(Please read the attached .txt document, I can't figure out which part of my post the website hates, but I keep getting "Your post looks too spamy for a new user, please remove off-site URLs.")

Finally another thanks for all the work you've done, it's very difficult and troublesome gathering so many mods/cards for the game. I was able to almost fully reconstruct the One-Two Punch deck from the Odyssey series for my friend and he's couldn't be happier. :)

Another thanks to everyone involved with or contributing to the project.
Attachments
poker.txt
My post.
(2.4 KiB) Downloaded 438 times
masterpoker

Postby Xander9009 » 08 Feb 2015, 02:11

masterpoker wrote:Sorry if this is the wrong place for this Xander, but I've had a few bugs/issues that may be related to the Community Wad.

(Please read the attached .txt document, I can't figure out which part of my post the website hates, but I keep getting "Your post looks too spamy for a new user, please remove off-site URLs.")

Finally another thanks for all the work you've done, it's very difficult and troublesome gathering so many mods/cards for the game. I was able to almost fully reconstruct the One-Two Punch deck from the Odyssey series for my friend and he's couldn't be happier. :)

Another thanks to everyone involved with or contributing to the project.
masterpoker wrote:After adding the Art and Core wads, when I run DotP 2014 Deck Builder this warning appears:

Error log | Open
Code: Select all
2/7/2015 7:18:52 PM: Log Opened.

2/7/2015 7:18:52 PM: Low: XML Block has multiple localizations defined for same language code (pt-BR):
<STATIC_ABILITY><LOCALISED_TEXT LanguageCode="en-US"><![CDATA[You have shroud.]]></LOCALISED_TEXT><LOCALISED_TEXT LanguageCode="fr-FR"><![CDATA[Vous avez le linceul.]]></LOCALISED_TEXT><LOCALISED_TEXT LanguageCode="es-ES"><![CDATA[Tienes la habilidad de velo.]]></LOCALISED_TEXT><LOCALISED_TEXT LanguageCode="de-DE"><![CDATA[Du bist verhüllt.]]></LOCALISED_TEXT><LOCALISED_TEXT LanguageCode="it-IT"><![CDATA[Tu hai velo.]]></LOCALISED_TEXT><LOCALISED_TEXT LanguageCode="jp-JA"><![CDATA[??????????]]></LOCALISED_TEXT><LOCALISED_TEXT LanguageCode="ko-KR"><![CDATA[You have shroud.]]></LOCALISED_TEXT><LOCALISED_TEXT LanguageCode="ru-RU"><![CDATA[?? ?????? ??????.]]></LOCALISED_TEXT><LOCALISED_TEXT LanguageCode="pt-BR"><![CDATA[Você tem manto.]]></LOCALISED_TEXT><LOCALISED_TEXT LanguageCode="pt-BR"><![CDATA[Você tem manto.]]></LOCALISED_TEXT><CONTINUOUS_ACTION layer="8">
    EffectController():GetCurrentCharacteristics():Bool_Set( PLAYER_CHARACTERISTIC_HAS_SHROUD, 1 )
    </CONTINUOUS_ACTION></STATIC_ABILITY>
The card Rune-Tail, Kitsune Ascendant doesn't seem to work right for us. When I played it with greater than 30 life, it got stuck in an activation loop (like it couldn't find the other card/side). Was I suppose to maybe include the other card/side in there as well?

The card Bonfire of the Damned appears in the internal deck editor without a red back round, just black.
Internal editor: http://i.imgur.com/t15GW2E.jpg
DotP 2014 Deck Editor: http://i.imgur.com/gFuqOW7.jpg

Below is a list of the .wad's I have installed in case you saw one of them was causing one of these issues.
Wad List | Open
DATA_CORE.WAD
DATA_DECKS_D14.WAD
DATA_DECKS_E14.WAD
DATA_DECKS_F14_PACK1.WAD
DATA_DECKS_F14_PACK2.WAD
DATA_DECKS_F14_PACK3.WAD
DATA_DLC_0001.WAD
DATA_DLC_0002.WAD
DATA_DLC_0003.WAD
DATA_DLC_0004.WAD
Data_DLC_1000_Content_Pack_Enabler.wad
Data_DLC_501_Content_Pack_Enabler.wad
Data_DLC_8192_Characteristics.wad
Data_DLC_8192_Core_Artwork.wad
Data_DLC_8192_Core_Cards.wad
Data_DLC_8192_ManualMana.wad
Data_DLC_8192_ObjectDC.wad
DATA_DLC_COMMUNITY_ART.wad
DATA_DLC_COMMUNITY_CORE.wad
Data_DLC_Core_Fixes.wad

I'm using Magic 2014 Gold Edition/Complete Bundle, with additional wad's above.
The part of your post the forum doesn't like is the images. They're technically off-site URLs. It'll let you post URLs once you've got at least 5 posts. Until then, just put in extra spaces or something. You won't get in trouble for doing that. It's just a way to limit spam, but since it's not spam, no one will care.

Bonfire of the Damned has a blank background because the card image for the miracle cards was replaced with a purely transparent image to allow for the planeswalker cards to look more awesome. I'll probably just remove the miracle border from those cards. Thanks.

For all of Riiak's mods, they're all included and you can get rid of those without any side effects EXCEPT the manual mana mod. Keeping them won't hurt anything, but they're not needed.

Rune-Tail, Kitsune Ascendant//Rune-Tail's Essence - You do not need to include the other side. I'll test it out and see if I can get it fixed later tonight.
Xander9009
Programmer

Postby Dnt312 » 09 Feb 2015, 05:25

Whenever I log in Google Drive, my Google Drive folder automatically sync the updated files, and download the whole new ART.wad. Since the ART.wad is huge, it takes a lot of time to finish downloading, and my Internet connection is affected as well. Is there any other way to update the cards art without downloading the big file?

Besides, when I put some community decks into my game folder and tried to start the game, it crashed saying "Successfully created minidump "[MyDocuments]\..." please attach it to your bug report." My game folder already contained the function wads, WAD signature check disabling, etc. I'm still using the outdated ART.wad, so that might be the problem, but I'm not sure. What should I do to fix this?
Dnt312

Postby Xander9009 » 09 Feb 2015, 05:35

The art wad being outdated won't cause the game to crash. The game is most likely to crash if you've got a deck missing a card. I (very rarely) have to rename a card. I did this to two cards today/yesterday, so that might be your problem. If you open Riiak's Deck Editor, it'll tell you if this is the case.

As for the art wad downloading automatically, there are two things you can do. 1) If you don't play multiplayer, then just switch to the loose file syncing. This way, you only download the art files that have actually changed. 2) Remove the folder from your Google Drive. Instead of adding that folder, add the folder that directly contains the CW Core Wad. You'll have to update the art wad manually, but it will still automatically update the core (don't forget to change the path to the new folder).

I wanted to avoid the hassle of having multiple art files, but considering the issues it's causing, I think I'll take time this week to try and find a way to automatically split the art wad into multiple wads. If I do that, there will most likely end up being one wad for each set.
Xander9009
Programmer

Postby Dnt312 » 09 Feb 2015, 15:38

I've used Riiak's Deck Editor to check the cards, and found that some cards for Archetype of Victory deck are missing.

Xander9009 wrote: As for the art wad downloading automatically, there are two things you can do. 1) If you don't play multiplayer, then just switch to the loose file syncing. This way, you only download the art files that have actually changed. 2) Remove the folder from your Google Drive. Instead of adding that folder, add the folder that directly contains the CW Core Wad. You'll have to update the art wad manually, but it will still automatically update the core (don't forget to change the path to the new folder).
How do I set up the loose files in my game folder, just copy the Community Wad Art folder and Community Wad Core folder and put them into my game folder?
Dnt312

PreviousNext

Return to Utilities