It is currently 16 Apr 2024, 19:16

Text Size

Help with Riiak's DotP 2014 Deck Builder

Moderator: CCGHQ Admins

Help with Riiak's DotP 2014 Deck Builder

Postby eldrazi » 24 May 2014, 01:08

Hey guys, I'm new to modding Magic. Currently I'm just trying to get a grip on how WADs work. I've created a couple decks, and my first question is.. can you delete a deck you've created?

Also, today I bought all the expansions, and now whenever I try to multiplayer with someone, I get an error that I can't play with them. Is this because I have used this software, or is this because of coincidence that I bought all the expansions today?

My ultimate goal is to take my custom cards I've created in Magic Set Editor, and make a digital version of the game... but I've got to figure this stuff out first.
eldrazi

Re: Help with Riiak's DotP 2014 Deck Builder

Postby RiiakShiNal » 24 May 2014, 01:58

eldrazi wrote:Hey guys, I'm new to modding Magic. Currently I'm just trying to get a grip on how WADs work. I've created a couple decks, and my first question is.. can you delete a deck you've created?
Yes, you can delete a deck you have created. Whenever a deck is created by the Deck Builder it creates 3 files:
  • A Content Pack Enabler (CPE) for the ID Block you are using - Data_DLC_####_Content_Pack_Enabler.wad
  • The WAD for the deck - Data_Decks_######_NAME_OF_DECK.wad (this could be a directory if you exported as a directory)
  • Readme for the created deck - Data_Decks_######_NAME_OF_DECK_README.TXT

To delete a deck just remove the deck WAD (you might as well remove the readme as well, but it's not necessary). Only remove the CPE if you have removed all decks using that ID block otherwise decks you haven't removed will be hidden (not show up) in-game, they will technically still be present (but unusable and not visible).

eldrazi wrote:Also, today I bought all the expansions, and now whenever I try to multiplayer with someone, I get an error that I can't play with them. Is this because I have used this software, or is this because of coincidence that I bought all the expansions today?
You can only play online with people if all players in a match have the exact same WAD configuration (all WADs are present on all players' machines and are the same versions). So to play with people who have an unmodded game you must also be using an unmodded game, to use a deck you create online all the players in the match must also have your custom deck (and all its requirements).

eldrazi wrote:My ultimate goal is to take my custom cards I've created in Magic Set Editor, and make a digital version of the game... but I've got to figure this stuff out first.
As before if you intend to play with mods online those you are playing with (or against) must have the exact same WADs. So this is usually easier to do with close friends so sharing the files and setting up dates/times to play is easier.
RiiakShiNal
Programmer

Return to Utilities