It is currently 16 Apr 2024, 21:15

Text Size

2014 Deck Editor Issues

Moderator: CCGHQ Admins

2014 Deck Editor Issues

Postby Evalis » 31 Aug 2014, 04:03

I have made a handful of decks so far, but the errors have been gradually increasing. The very first deck I was able to select and load a custom image, but beyond that, it simply fails to respond.

To combat this I have been creating from existing and simply modifying the cards in those decks. After around my 4th or so deck I started getting load errors, specifically 'generic' gdi errors... helpful. Now I cannot make a deck without the builder repeatedly giving me these errors, and it has also decided that my deck with 80 cards (adjusted for lands) requires an additional 200+ lands...

Can someone help me with this?
Evalis

Re: 2014 Deck Editor Issues

Postby RiiakShiNal » 01 Sep 2014, 01:29

Without the specific errors it is hard to provide any help. All loading errors should be caught and stored in the error log in the same directory as the Deck Builder, uploading this will allow showing all of the errors you are encountering upon load.

"Generic gdi errors" doesn't really tell me anything so I can't really provide any advice or fixes. Give me specific errors or error messages and I can tell you what they mean and might be able to provide a fix or at least a workaround.

The Deck Builder doesn't put lands into decks that is something that DotP does, though I've given as many options as I can to try and alleviate some of the problems. First off, DotP only really supports 60 card decks (including land) and if you go above that number you are entrusting a lot to the DotP engine which doesn't handle a lot of things properly. If your deck is 4 or more colours then you really have to spend a good bit of time trying to find settings that work right with the game engine as DotP only really supports decks of 3 colours or less. You will need to play with the land config settings in the "Deck Information" window setting the Ignore CMC over setting to 0 to essentially tell the game to ignore all the cards then manually adjust basic lands using the min land settings. Ignore the Num spells that count as land setting as it does not work properly most of the time.
RiiakShiNal
Programmer

Re: 2014 Deck Editor Issues

Postby Evalis » 01 Sep 2014, 11:58

I meant the error it gave me was called "Generic GDI error". There wasn't anything specific about it. In any case, the problem resolved itself when I deleted the settings xml and reinstalled, so yay ^^

Thanks for the reply though. Your program has given me hours of fun!
Evalis

Return to Utilities