It is currently 16 Apr 2024, 06:07

Text Size

Magic Duels Origins - Unlock All The Cards

Moderator: CCGHQ Admins

Re: Magic Duels Origins - Unlock All The Cards

Postby spirolone » 06 Oct 2016, 05:44

Tejahn wrote:How did you get it to work? What were your steps? Here is what I did to no avail:

I. Download the SpirolonePatch_Kal.zip file.
II. Navigated to my installation folder - "C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\userdata\xyz\316010\remote"
III. Extracted the actual Patch_Kal.jar into the "remote" folder.
IV. Renamed my xyz.profile to 1.profile.
V. Ran the Patch_Kal.jar and waited until I saw the .bak file. Renamed the 1.profile back to xyz.profile.
VI. Started Magic Duels in offline mode using the ALI123 Emulator.

Yet, the cards were still locked. Did I miss a step? Was I suppose to run the Patch_Kal.jar after I renamed the 1.profile back to xyz.profile? Also, when do I apply the patch that allows up to four of any card?
If you use Ali123 emulator, profile should be in a "Profile\YourName\Saves" folder inside game dir; maybe you patched profile you use with genuine Steam, is it possible?
spirolone
Programmer

Postby thefiremind » 06 Oct 2016, 08:33

Tejahn wrote:Did I miss a step?
Have you also followed the steps I wrote in the emulator section of my tests topic in order to copy xyz.profile to where ALI213 emulator reads its own?
< Former DotP 2012/2013/2014 modder >
Currently busy with life...
thefiremind
Programmer

Postby Tejahn » 06 Oct 2016, 13:47

Okay. It's working now. You were both right. I was patching my genuine steam profile. Thanks for pointing me in the right direction.
Tejahn

Postby Nick26 » 23 Oct 2016, 05:40

Hi everyone,
yesterday I was trying to make a custom .zed file (with Kaladesh expansion installed) using Spirolone's tools but it didn't work. I don't know exactly what the issue is, I made a new data.bin file using the latest expansion data_005.zed and then I made my zed file with the createzed.jar tool but my cards do not show in game.
Ok, I know there are 1021 cards right now but we should have 3 more card slots left right? Unfortunately I haven't been able to use them.
Nick26

Postby spirolone » 23 Oct 2016, 09:59

Nick26 wrote:Hi everyone,
yesterday I was trying to make a custom .zed file (with Kaladesh expansion installed) using Spirolone's tools but it didn't work. I don't know exactly what the issue is, I made a new data.bin file using the latest expansion data_005.zed and then I made my zed file with the createzed.jar tool but my cards do not show in game.
Ok, I know there are 1021 cards right now but we should have 3 more card slots left right? Unfortunately I haven't been able to use them.
Do you know that now "CardPools" files should be "lol" files?
If this is not the issue, you could try to upload your Zed file...
spirolone
Programmer

Postby Nick26 » 24 Oct 2016, 11:33

spirolone wrote:Do you know that now "CardPools" files should be "lol" files?
If this is not the issue, you could try to upload your Zed file...
Ouch, I didn't see that. Is there an easy way to handle these .lol files?
Nick26

Postby thefiremind » 24 Oct 2016, 12:43

Nick26 wrote:Is there an easy way to handle these .lol files?
If you download my test ZED contents from here and look in the CardPools folder you'll find how I modified the Kaladesh shoebox card pool, with the additional 3 slots already added.

If you want to modify a different LOL file you need to decompile it in order to see what it contains, with this tool. You'll obtain a mess because the decompiler adds lots of useless local variables, but it will be enough to see card names and IDs, and the pool properties. Then your task will be to translate that mess into a structure like the one I made in my test ZED contents.
If it's a campaign deck you want to modify, the structure is slightly different and you can find a sample here.

Remember to use the LOL extension even if your file is not compiled: the game won't recognize anything else.
thefiremind
Programmer

Postby Nick26 » 25 Oct 2016, 05:36

thefiremind wrote:
Nick26 wrote:Is there an easy way to handle these .lol files?
If you download my test ZED contents from here and look in the CardPools folder you'll find how I modified the Kaladesh shoebox card pool, with the additional 3 slots already added.

If you want to modify a different LOL file you need to decompile it in order to see what it contains, with this tool. You'll obtain a mess because the decompiler adds lots of useless local variables, but it will be enough to see card names and IDs, and the pool properties. Then your task will be to translate that mess into a structure like the one I made in my test ZED contents.
If it's a campaign deck you want to modify, the structure is slightly different and you can find a sample here.

Remember to use the LOL extension even if your file is not compiled: the game won't recognize anything else.
It worked perfectly, thank you! :D
Nick26

Postby Nick26 » 19 Jan 2017, 08:38

Hi guys,
as the new expansion Aether Revolt came out I tried to recode my modded .zed file and everything worked fine. Using Spirolone's tools I was able to make the new data.bin and a new working zed. "AI only" cards work perefctly, surprisingly they don't show up in the deck building but that's not a big issue. Unfortunately all of the custom cards do not work. I took a look at the new data_006 and I realized that now every card (even the old ones) is coded in a .lol format and that the .xml ones don't work anymore. So I tried to use a .lol file (a cardpool file) shared previously by Thefiremind in order to make .lol cards but it didn't work :( Do you know if there is a way to convert cards from .xml to .lol or to have the old ones working somehow?
Nick26

Postby thefiremind » 19 Jan 2017, 09:37

Nick26 wrote:I took a look at the new data_006 and I realized that now every card (even the old ones) is coded in a .lol format and that the .xml ones don't work anymore. So I tried to use a .lol file (a cardpool file) shared previously by Thefiremind in order to make .lol cards but it didn't work :( Do you know if there is a way to convert cards from .xml to .lol or to have the old ones working somehow?
:shock: That's a huuuuge change! I'm currently looking at Data_006's contents and I'll write something about it on the tests and results topic since this is a matter that doesn't pertain to spirolone's tools. What may pertain to them is a possible change on the way unlockables work: for now I can say that the last ID is 1158, so 1024 has been definitely surpassed.

EDIT: I made the post.
thefiremind
Programmer

Postby Nick26 » 19 Jan 2017, 16:57

Great, I hope there will be a way to convert cards easily! :D
Nick26

Postby thefiremind » 20 Jan 2017, 12:20

Nick26 wrote:Great, I hope there will be a way to convert cards easily! :D
Making a converter is definitely possible, but it would take some time because every possible XML node and attribute needs to be matched with the Lua table counterpart.

Concerning the profile, I think something changed in it (spirolone probably already realized by the time I write this). I tried to use the "4x of any card" patch extending it to 2048 IDs:
Code: Select all
            byte[] cards = new byte[2048];
            for (int i=0; i<2048; i++) {
                cards[i] = 4;
            }
...but nothing changed in game: I still had the same unlocked cards as in my original online profile, with the same quantities. I also tried to extend it to 4096 IDs, but in that case the game was making me start over (the profile probably became invalid).
thefiremind
Programmer

Postby Nick26 » 20 Jan 2017, 13:38

Yeah, I am sure it's not easy at all! I wonder why they changed the format after so much time. I tried to mod shock in order to re-build my coin farm deck (basically a deck full of 20-damage 0-cost burn spells) but it didn't work :( Everytime I try to change something inside the .lol file (even the art filename) the game no longer recognize the card.
Hopefully spirolone will figure out how to make a 4x cards unlocker, that tool is so awesome and usefull! Right now I am using his deck importer tool to build my new decks, it still works fine, but the process is much longer.
Nick26

Postby spirolone » 20 Jan 2017, 14:22

thefiremind wrote:...
Concerning the profile, I think something changed in it (spirolone probably already realized by the time I write this). I tried to use the "4x of any card" patch extending it to 2048 IDs:
            for (int i=0; i<2048; i++) {
                cards[i] = 4;
            }
...but nothing changed in game: I still had the same unlocked cards as in my original online profile, with the same quantities. I also tried to extend it to 4096 IDs, but in that case the game was making me start over (the profile probably became invalid).
I just looked at new profile file and I saw there are 1024 bytes at the end of file with unlocked cards. Rest of file seems identical to me and still there are old 512 bytes with unlocked cards, but they are copied at the end.
I rewrote my readCards and writeCards methods:
    public byte[] readCards() {
        int offset = content.length - 1026;
        for (int i=0; i<1024; i++) {
            cards[2*i] = (byte)(content[offset+i] & 0x0F);
            cards[2*i+1] = (byte)((content[offset+i]>>4) & 0x0F);
        }
        return cards;
    }

public void writeCards(byte[] cards) {
        int offset = content.length - 1026;
        for (int i=0; i<(cards.length/2); i++)
            content[offset+i] = (byte)((cards[2*i] & 0x0F) + ((cards[2*i+1]<<4) & 0xF0));
    }
I don't know if we need to edit even old section of unlocked cards and I still didn't verify if it works...
spirolone
Programmer

Postby break » 27 Jan 2017, 01:12

Wow, sounds like they have really changed things since the update !!

I take it there is still no way to modify how many earned pack-coins you have ?

Very excited to test out the new vehicles this format ^_^"
Pokemon Red 3DS-XL friend code : 1864-9639-1699 (Zeheart)
break

PreviousNext

Return to Utilities