It is currently 16 Apr 2024, 08:15

Text Size

Magic Duels Origins - Unlock All The Cards

Moderator: CCGHQ Admins

Magic Duels Origins - Unlock All The Cards

Postby spirolone » 07 Aug 2015, 15:59

I wrote a little Java program to unlock all the cards in Magic Duels Origins. It patches .profile file and it's intended for OFFLINE use (or even online but not with genuine Steam). I wouldn't use a modified profile on Steam, and I DON'T advice you to do such a thing!
To use my patch, put unzipped jar file in same folder of a copy of your profile and start it with name of your profile file as argoment (or rename it as 1.profile and rename it again with old name after patching).
If you use genuine Steam, you should find your profile in a path like "C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\userdata\********\316010\remote".
Obviously you need Java installed to run jar files. :mrgreen:

There is even a version to unlock all the AI cards too: usage is the same as other version, but you have to copy "DATA_001_AI.ZED" from my zip archive into your game folder.

iOS profiles are lightly different and I had to make specific version of my patches. Remember that default name for iOS profiles version is p1.profile.

This patch needs you complete tutorial before you apply it.

EDIT: I updated my patches to Battle For Zendikar expansion! :mrgreen:

EDIT 2: I added an updated version to use with Shadows Over Innistrad expansion on page 6 of this thread!

EDIT 3: I added an updated version to use with Kaladesh expansion on page 8 of this thread, and I added here a patch to unlock 4 instances of any card!

EDIT 4: I added an updated version to unlock 4 instances of any card to use with Aether Revolt expansion on page 10 of this thread! Use only on profiles updated to Aether Revolt expansion!
Attachments
SpirolonePatch_4xAnyCard.zip
(2.71 KiB) Downloaded 1026 times
SpirolonePatch.zip
(6.48 KiB) Downloaded 1280 times
SpirolonePatch_AI.zip
(66.31 KiB) Downloaded 1013 times
SpirolonePatch_iOS.zip
(5.92 KiB) Downloaded 639 times
SpirolonePatch_AI_iOS.zip
(65.74 KiB) Downloaded 647 times
Last edited by spirolone on 04 Feb 2017, 09:38, edited 6 times in total.
spirolone
Programmer

Re: Magic Duels Origins - Unlock All The Cards

Postby Marcel Costa » 08 Aug 2015, 01:01

How can I port it or manually modify .profile to unlock the cards on ios?
.jar is not supported in ios and renaming it to .zip to take a look on the content were not of much help for me either. :|

EDIT: I tried to decode the Profile.class inside .jar into text and Hex but couldn't figure what changes does it make to the p1.profile my iphone (located in containers/DATA/application/Magic Duels/Documents). Maybe upload an already patched p1.profile so we can replace the ios version with it would work? Also, does it unlock all cards AI uses in campaign or just the booster cards we can buy with coins?
Marcel Costa

Postby GrovyleXShinyCelebi » 08 Aug 2015, 03:26

Awesome! You're the best, spirolone!

@Marcel Costa: This profile has all the cards unlocked...

http://www87.zippyshare.com/v/hst1dSLZ/file.html
GrovyleXShinyCelebi

Postby spirolone » 08 Aug 2015, 14:58

Marcel Costa wrote:How can I port it or manually modify .profile to unlock the cards on ios?
.jar is not supported in ios and renaming it to .zip to take a look on the content were not of much help for me either. :|

EDIT: I tried to decode the Profile.class inside .jar into text and Hex but couldn't figure what changes does it make to the p1.profile my iphone (located in containers/DATA/application/Magic Duels/Documents). Maybe upload an already patched p1.profile so we can replace the ios version with it would work? Also, does it unlock all cards AI uses in campaign or just the booster cards we can buy with coins?
I don't know if a pc profile file could work on iOS, but if you would like to upload a iOS profile file, I can try to look at it and unlock manually cards...
This patch unlock only players cards, but I saw it's possible to unlock AI cards adding a new ZED file (I successfully added 3 cards but I didn't prepare a file for all the about 250 AI cards!).
spirolone
Programmer

Postby spirolone » 09 Aug 2015, 01:14

Here is my new patch to unlock all the AI cards too! :mrgreen:
Usage is the same as other version, but you have to copy "DATA_000_AI.ZED" from my zip archive into your game folder.

EDIT: I added updated version of this patch in first post.
Attachments
SpirolonePatch_AI.zip
(132.53 KiB) Downloaded 753 times
Last edited by spirolone on 05 Dec 2015, 11:31, edited 1 time in total.
spirolone
Programmer

Postby GrovyleXShinyCelebi » 09 Aug 2015, 01:34

spirolone wrote:Here is my new patch to unlock all the AI cards too! :mrgreen:
Usage is the same as other version, but you have to copy "DATA_000_AI.ZED" from my zip archive into your game folder.
I can confirm it works! Thank!

By the way, can you make a patch that unlocks all the campaign missions? Sorry if it's impossible or if you don't want to do it, I understand.
GrovyleXShinyCelebi

Postby Marcel Costa » 09 Aug 2015, 03:32

Thank you for the new unlock.
Here it goes my ios profile.
I had unlocked all possible cards previously by buying boosters over time with in-game coins.
If anything can be done, it will be much fun.
Thanks in advance either way.

EDIT: Holy cow!! :shock:
I added the Ai Zed to my Magic Duels ios folder and the ai cards now appear in the "all cards" menu. They are black and white and have a lock symbol over it and cannot be added to decks in the deck builder as expected. Also they can't be bought or unlocked through the store or any other in-game method I tried so far.
Wow.

EDIT 2: I downloaded the .jar, installed java on parallels windows 7 x64, renamed to 1.profile, patched, went back to original name and saved it in the ios folder. No change in the locked cards. #-o
I also redownloaded the 1927687718 (1).profile @GrovyleXShinyCelebi above gave us and used it with the Ai Zed. No change other than a long loading and erasure of my previous decks.
Attachments
p1.profile.zip
Unlocked all Player Cards
(1.1 KiB) Downloaded 628 times
Last edited by Marcel Costa on 09 Aug 2015, 04:00, edited 3 times in total.
Marcel Costa

Postby spirolone » 09 Aug 2015, 15:30

Marcel Costa wrote:Thank you for the new unlock.
Here it goes my ios profile.
I had unlocked all possible cards previously by buying boosters over time with in-game coins.
If anything can be done, it will be much fun.
Thanks in advance either way.

EDIT: Holy cow!! :shock:
I added the Ai Zed to my Magic Duels ios folder and the ai cards now appear in the "all cards" menu. They are black and white and have a lock symbol over it and cannot be added to decks in the deck builder as expected. Also they can't be bought or unlocked through the store or any other in-game method I tried so far.
Wow.

EDIT 2: I downloaded the .jar, installed java on parallels windows 7 x64, renamed to 1.profile, patched, went back to original name and saved it in the ios folder. No change in the locked cards. #-o
I also redownloaded the 1927687718 (1).profile @GrovyleXShinyCelebi above gave us and used it with the Ai Zed. No change other than a long loading and erasure of my previous decks.
Thank for your profile and feedback. Now we know that zed files on iOS are the same and I was able to study a iOS profile file. It's longer (about 3KB) and names strings use different encoding (4 Bytes for character), but it's very similiar! My patch didn't work cause offsets change.
Here is a modified version that unlocks all the cards (AI cards too) in a iOS profile! :mrgreen:
Note that, in this version, default name is "p1.profile" and that all the cards will be unfoiled.
I strongly advice to use a pc to run my patch and to backup ALL the file you want then to overwrite!

But can you play offline on iOS? I shouldn't advice to go online with a modified profile...

EDIT: I added updated version of this patch in first post.
Attachments
SpirolonePatch_AI_iOS.zip
(132.47 KiB) Downloaded 562 times
Last edited by spirolone on 05 Dec 2015, 11:31, edited 1 time in total.
spirolone
Programmer

Postby spirolone » 09 Aug 2015, 15:35

GrovyleXShinyCelebi wrote:By the way, can you make a patch that unlocks all the campaign missions? Sorry if it's impossible or if you don't want to do it, I understand.
I'm sorry, but making such a patch would require to know where campaign progresses are stored in profile and how. Maybe if you could produce a profile before and after you unlocked all the missions, I can try to look at it...
spirolone
Programmer

Postby Marcel Costa » 09 Aug 2015, 16:26

Great to know about the ios profile. I opened it in an hex editor and couldn't figure a thing.
I backed up and remove it all from the profile folder and put the patched one I created with your .jar and once I had the game opened, the result was a message asking wether to keep the local or the cloud version of my decks and I chose "Local".

After that a popup came out as if I was just about to open a new booster and once I clicked "open" the result was the animation of the booster being ripped and smashed but no cards were shown as it usually happens. I took that as a "unlock all" event.

Once I went into the "all cards" menu, all the cards were there as it was previously (Ai cards included after I copied the Ai Zed yesterday) but they were still locked and unavailable for building decks. :|

@spirolone thank you for your efforts on this. This game means a lot for many like me and to be able to use the engine freely without the factory limitations would be awesome.
Marcel Costa

Postby spirolone » 09 Aug 2015, 18:29

Marcel Costa wrote:I backed up and remove it all from the profile folder and put the patched one I created with your .jar and once I had the game opened, the result was a message asking wether to keep the local or the cloud version of my decks and I chose "Local".
Have you got a file called hash.file in folder that contains p1.profile?
May you start game while disconnected from internet?
spirolone
Programmer

Postby Marcel Costa » 09 Aug 2015, 19:15

Nope. I saw it was created altogether with the patched p1.profile.
I will try to put this file in the ios folder as well asap.

EDIT:
I just inserted the hash.file in the profile's directory and afterwards in the ZED main app directory and none of them helped unlocking the cards.

EDIT 2: HOLYCOW!!!! It Worked when I got offline, all cards unlocked. It worked both on the iphone and ipad.
If, after all cards loaded and unlocked, I turned internet back on there was a new (forever) loading process followed by .... I'm not sure what comes after that, it never stops loading. [-X
Marcel Costa

Postby Nick26 » 11 Aug 2015, 05:38

Hi guys,
I have the pc-steam version of the game and I can't even find my profile. How can I use a modded profile and play offline with this version? Is it possible?

Thanks
Nick26

Postby spirolone » 11 Aug 2015, 07:27

Nick26 wrote:Hi guys,
I have the pc-steam version of the game and I can't even find my profile. How can I use a modded profile and play offline with this version? Is it possible?

Thanks
You should find your profile in a path like "C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\userdata\********\316010\remote". You can play offline even with genuine Steam, but I advice to use SmartSteamEmu or another Steam emulator so that you can play multiplayer game on LAN and even on internet using a client like Evolve... :wink:
spirolone
Programmer

Postby spirolone » 11 Aug 2015, 07:31

Marcel Costa wrote:Nope. I saw it was created altogether with the patched p1.profile.
I will try to put this file in the ios folder as well asap.

EDIT:
I just inserted the hash.file in the profile's directory and afterwards in the ZED main app directory and none of them helped unlocking the cards.

EDIT 2: HOLYCOW!!!! It Worked when I got offline, all cards unlocked. It worked both on the iphone and ipad.
If, after all cards loaded and unlocked, I turned internet back on there was a new (forever) loading process followed by .... I'm not sure what comes after that, it never stops loading. [-X
I'm happy that it works on iOS too! Likely, when you go online, game checks your cards with a database...
spirolone
Programmer

Next

Return to Utilities