It is currently 18 Apr 2024, 12:58

Text Size

Work In Progress: Card and Deck viewer

Moderator: CCGHQ Admins

Re: Work In Progress: Card and Deck viewer

Postby regen1 » 16 Dec 2010, 11:37

Card viewing and sorting and deck editing seems to be working alright. Occasionally things get a little sluggish but it's not a big deal.

Just a feature suggestion though, would it be possible to allow decks to be formed using the typical format such as:

Bog Wraith 4
Swamp 20
Underworld Dreams 4

That way it would be compatible with sites such as http://www.thecouncil.es/tcdecks/index.php which offer decks premade in that format.

Or perhaps even a simplified editor where most of the irrelevant xml data is hidden and there is simply a box for Card Name and one for Quantity (with possible auto-complete for Card Name), and the user would simply need to input the name and number and the program would insert those values into the proper XML spaces.

This might involve some complicated parsing though and I guess it isn't entirely necessary, but as I was playing around I just felt it would be nice to have in the future.
regen1

Postby jmp » 16 Dec 2010, 12:00

IceManOnline wrote:http://www.slightlymagic.net/forum/viewtopic.php?f=64&t=2946

There it is.
It's in the "cards" folder (in DLC1111), after you downloaded it.
Ahhh, I have only briefly looked at the DLC in the program, I will eventually support it, however right now I am concentrating on getting the core/official expansions working 100% I will take a look at what you are talking about.
jmp

Postby jmp » 16 Dec 2010, 12:22

regen1 wrote:Card viewing and sorting and deck editing seems to be working alright. Occasionally things get a little sluggish but it's not a big deal.
Most of that comes from the generating of the images, I am planning on generating them in the background and storing them in the database which is much quicker then trying to generate the image.

regen1 wrote:Just a feature suggestion though, would it be possible to allow decks to be formed using the typical format such as:

Bog Wraith 4
Swamp 20
Underworld Dreams 4

That way it would be compatible with sites such as http://www.thecouncil.es/tcdecks/index.php which offer decks premade in that format.

Or perhaps even a simplified editor where most of the irrelevant xml data is hidden and there is simply a box for Card Name and one for Quantity (with possible auto-complete for Card Name), and the user would simply need to input the name and number and the program would insert those values into the proper XML spaces.

This might involve some complicated parsing though and I guess it isn't entirely necessary, but as I was playing around I just felt it would be nice to have in the future.
Eventually that is the plan, to have just a deck editor so you can sort cards and add/remove them from a list and view them, then you can do a export and export them to any format. For now I just wanted a way to edit the files and see what is currently available in the directories.
jmp

Postby regen1 » 16 Dec 2010, 15:42

I noticed while using the card viewer that a filtering mechanism would be very useful; it would be pretty cool to be able to check off/Fill-in categories such as (Creature), (Power)=2, (Toughness)=2, (Color)=Black and have the viewer return all cards matching those criteria.
regen1

Postby jmp » 16 Dec 2010, 15:52

regen1 wrote:I noticed while using the card viewer that a filtering mechanism would be very useful; it would be pretty cool to be able to check off/Fill-in categories such as (Creature), (Power)=2, (Toughness)=2, (Color)=Black and have the viewer return all cards matching those criteria.
Right click on a column and click on Filter Editor, it gives you a very powerful filtering system. I need to add the rest of the formatting for the data in the columns to help but for now it helps (like if I am looking for rare, black, vampire cards lol)

I can also save these filters that are used to the config and load them automatically.

Hope this helps.
jmp

Postby regen1 » 16 Dec 2010, 17:25

Ah I see now. Yeah that'll do just fine :)
regen1

Postby castled » 17 Dec 2010, 06:44

i can't open the link of download, maybe it's hard to link in my country :^o

i'm in China, and wish someone could upload a copy at somewhere like http://www.fileserve.com/
castled

Postby jmp » 17 Dec 2010, 11:40

castled wrote:i can't open the link of download, maybe it's hard to link in my country :^o

i'm in China, and wish someone could upload a copy at somewhere like http://www.fileserve.com/
http://hotfile.com/dl/90035387/367e84e/MTGEditor-Beta2-12152010-1415.rar.html
jmp

Postby castled » 20 Dec 2010, 08:39

i doesn't work at this computer with win7-32 after installation, i will try it again at home. :)
castled

Postby jmp » 20 Dec 2010, 11:34

castled wrote:i doesn't work at this computer with win7-32 after installation, i will try it again at home. :)
Was there a crash report generated *.log or an error message? I will check again with my VM, I am thinking about switching to a less tricky installation path (not using sql server ce) let me know if you have anymore information.
jmp

Postby castled » 20 Dec 2010, 14:29

it was not my computer (i am in trouble to start my computer now)... and i just remeber it really had two tips, one seems some address cannt be read, and another showed unknow word like "£".our computers use GB2312 but not UTF8.
and these tips both used frame of your installation, and they only appeared after i ran it at winNT mode (before this, it seemed nothing happened by click its EXE).
sorry about my En :P
castled

Postby jmp » 20 Dec 2010, 14:37

castled wrote:it was not my computer (i am in trouble to start my computer now)... and i just remeber it really had two tips, one seems some address cannt be read, and another showed unknow word like "£".our computers use GB2312 but not UTF8.
and these tips both used frame of your installation, and they only appeared after i ran it at winNT mode (before this, it seemed nothing happened by click its EXE).
sorry about my En :P
Unfortunately I don't have the resources to test and support systems that use non-US languages, I had assumed that it would simply just work. If you can provide more information on what native language the OS is I will try to do some tests to simulate that problem.
jmp

Postby castled » 21 Dec 2010, 10:11

it's so nice , i works on my computer with winXP32. :)
and i got a message after seconds waiting without cards info :
additional information
the 'casting_cost' start tag on line 20 does not match the end tag of 'card', line 84,position 5.
(system.xml)
castled

Postby vientodelbosque » 22 Dec 2010, 08:15

great program, thanks for sharing
vientodelbosque

Postby castled » 09 Jan 2011, 04:06

friend, we still keep focus on your process :)
castled

PreviousNext

Return to Utilities